What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calco Genetics Dosidos x Blueberry Syrup

nickman

Veteran
They look great icon..

I’m curious, u said you assumed that those two were the males... were you for sure or was it just a good guess ???
Just because you never know... I was surprised lately growing some Sherbet Ix x Biker Kush when outta the 8 plants the two shortest plants ended up being the males... it’s usually the other way around ya know !!!

Can’t wait to see these flower out ...!!!...

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Nickman

No i pulled 2 stretchy lanky plants a few weeks ago that i believe were males just as a guess but wasnt sure i just need more room & closed my eyes & yanked (wow that didn't sound good lol) two of the plants in that picture are females & the short one on the left is a male. A few months ago i through a deepchunk outside that i thought for sure was male ended up being female oh well no biggy.

The plants are only a week into flower & they all showed sex which is great for saving me a little time & space.They have already stretched nearly x3 & are currently at 15" & 17" inches already.
These are good SOG plants no branching at all so far.
picture.php

picture.php

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
An over do update they are now 3 weeks into flower so far so good, easy to grow & they dont seem to mind being rootbound so far tallest is 25 inches in 1 gallon pots, lots of stretch in flower nearly x3 times they look like great SOG type plants, im going to transplant them into 2 gallon pots in the next few days.
picture.php

picture.php

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
Hey icon, i noticed this thread just now!

Calco has definitely interesting genetics, especially for the berry flavour lovers. A friend of mine literally go mad for Calco gears, he's gonna start a huge selection in the near future, really courious about it.

Subscribed :tiphat:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey icon, i noticed this thread just now!

Calco has definitely interesting genetics, especially for the berry flavour lovers. A friend of mine literally go mad for Calco gears, he's gonna start a huge selection in the near future, really courious about it.

Subscribed :tiphat:

Your buddy sounds like me. :D Love them berry flavors!

I've been watching this one since the start.

Everything looks great great icon.

One quick question - aren't you worried about stressing your plants re potting them 3 weeks into flower?

nickman

Veteran
Your buddy sounds like me. :D Love them berry flavors!

I've been watching this one since the start.

Everything looks great great icon.

One quick question - aren't you worried about stressing your plants re potting them 3 weeks into flower?

Definitely, I’d be worried about that as well...

If you must re pot them then maybe try just sitting them on top of another pot and then the roots can grow down into the pot underneath...!!!...

I didn’t look to see what type of pot your in but if your in a fabric or plastic bag type. Just cut the bag off the bottom, if in a fabric pot then just put it on top the other ...!!!... just a thought... like GOT_BUD said = I’d be too nervous of stressing them out messing around with the roots too much during flowering....!!!...

Edit: I see that your in a harder type plastic pot...

Well, maybe they’ll be fine doing a regular transplant... I’d just try not to mess with the roots too much...!!!...

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
long over due update: ive been experimenting with cutting off the bottom of pots & stacking them on other pots past few months with the blueberry i just grew & was working out great. I went ahead & did the same with these over a week ago & just lightly lifted one of the plants to see how much its rooting down into the 2 gallon fabric pot i just put them on. One is rooted nicely but the other lifted right up the roots never grew down & its lower leaves are starting to lighten a bit with some dead brown spots so i just went ahead & transplanted that one directly into a 2 gallon fabric pot & fed it a light dose of nutrients. I wasnt able to catch it sooner cause ive been really sick past few weeks so i kinda screwed things up but they still look ok.

They are starting to get a sweet floral smell almost like a baked pastry or something but too early to put my finger on the smell exactly needs a little more time & the leaves are starting to purple up nicely. I'll try to get better pics next week when hopefully im feeling better.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good, icon.

I've seen first hand roots growing out of the bottom of fabric pots when I put my tomato plants in my yard for sun. I went to move them to mow and the damn things had grown into the ground, so I had to mow around them, lol.

And I've heard of the stacking pots method to eliminate transplant stress.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
long over due update: ive been experimenting with cutting off the bottom of pots & stacking them on other pots past few months with the blueberry i just grew & was working out great. I went ahead & did the same with these over a week ago & just lightly lifted one of the plants to see how much its rooting down into the 2 gallon fabric pot i just put them on. One is rooted nicely but the other lifted right up the roots never grew down & its lower leaves are starting to lighten a bit with some dead brown spots so i just went ahead & transplanted that one directly into a 2 gallon fabric pot & fed it a light dose of nutrients. I wasnt able to catch it sooner cause ive been really sick past few weeks so i kinda screwed things up but they still look ok.

They are starting to get a sweet floral smell almost like a baked pastry or something but too early to put my finger on the smell exactly needs a little more time & the leaves are starting to purple up nicely. I'll try to get better pics next week when hopefully im feeling better.

View Image
View Image
View Image

Get better sooner than later ladies looking ok :plant grow::good:

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone, week 7 bloom & everything is looking ok one plant had issues were most of the fan leaves shriveled & died i believe from nute lock out & we had about a week of high humidity that didn't help but as far as the buds go & it bulking up a bit it still looks good it didnt really seem to slow it down & the other pheno looks unharmed. Theres also some really nice colors coming through even on the lower fans. I most likely wont be posting next week but i will before i chop them at week 9.

both beauties together
picture.php

this is the one that had fan leaf damage but looks ok
picture.php

taller unscathed pheno
picture.php

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
Sorry fot the nute lock, but the buds look very nice to me. And they look 9 weeker, isn't it?

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jare - they're just about at week 8

trustmeih - thanks

Last edited:

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I made it for another update: week 8
I'm going to chop down the more Blueberry dominant pheno looks done & i am running out of room for it anyhow so its perfect timing. The other pheno will go 1 more week lots of beautiful purples coming through on the top & bottom of leaves.

this pheno gets the choppy chop tonight
picture.php

picture.php

I like this pheno best 1 more week to go
picture.php

this pheno will look good next week with a black backdrop
picture.php

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm really curious for a smoke test to see if the blueberry flavor comes through.

Looks great icon.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys
As far as smell there's no blueberry but musky/sweet/fuelish/exotic tropical fruit hard to nail down we'll see when they dry & cure if it changes. These plants look very beautiful at the end i look forward to trying them & will come back with a smoke report & dry pics.

WEEK 9 dosidos pheno?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: