What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaves curling the edges: what's wrong?!

webwiller

Hi all!

These girls are Auto-fem with a very fast cycle (germination >>> harvest 7-8 weeks as per ad).

They germinated between 15-18th June, meaning 2 completed 2 full weeks and 2 are well into their 3rd one.

Plants look healthy, they're in 5gal pots, with a light soil mix of perlite, cocco and peat-moss.

Grow tent air Temp is around 83°-87° with RH 50-60%

Lamps are 18 inches above canopy, LED 570w with an 18/6 light cycle.

Leaves started curling the edges about a week ago. I believed it had to do with over feeding, so I stopped feeding for 3 days but haven't seen any changes.

Plaants look healthy, they don't seem to be suffering, but still, I'd love to know what is going on and why, be it normal (maybe 'cause climate is pretty hot these days) or what remedy I can implement.

Here's few pics:
IMG-20190704-115937-1.jpg

IMG-20190704-115930-1.jpg

IMG-20190704-115947-1.jpg

IMG-20190704-120012-1.jpg

IMG-20190704-120025-1.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help!

MedFaced

Is it possible that the light needs to be even higher? That looks like light stress. When it’s nute burn the tips fry up and turn dead kinda fast. You’d have a healthy leaf with dead ends basically. Unless you really over feed and then the whole things fries up. Curling is a stress reaction.

Also if possible, lower 80’s is fine but once you edge up towards the 90’s lots of plants don’t do so well and growth slows down as the plant tries to cope.

webwiller

Is it possible that the light needs to be even higher? That looks like light stress. When it’s nute burn the tips fry up and turn dead kinda fast. You’d have a healthy leaf with dead ends basically. Unless you really over feed and then the whole things fries up. Curling is a stress reaction.

Also if possible, lower 80’s is fine but once you edge up towards the 90’s lots of plants don’t do so well and growth slows down as the plant tries to cope.

Over-Under feeding >>><<< OverUnder Lighting... this is my Dante's dilemma!

If I starve 'em...or ...if light burn 'em...gosh...

The girls are 2x BlueMatic (RQS Auro version for BlueMystic with a Blueberry genetics) and 2 RQS Quick-one (Auto, lowryder#1 x Old School Indica)...

This is my very first time...and everything is more or less a "make it wrong so you can (hopefully!) fix it".

I already tried tohigher up lamps to 35 inches for 3days. I tried watering water only for another 3 days. I doubt I'm overfeeding mainly for 2 reasons:
1- I choose a very, very light soil mix. Mostly perlite, coco and vermiculite with peat moss. Ppoor soil to start with and fed only the 1:200 ratio suggested. I even lowered the suggested dosage for most part, as I was told that being particularly hot these weeks (usually it won't hit 85° before July, this year we're ahead with the season) the plants eat less.

Probably I've hurried up too much, had to wait more than 3 days for each "change" to see where it was taking me.

I'll

webwiller

That's phosphorus deficiency.

Ouch!

As I'm using a pretty neutral soil mix and that I'm using a Terra Vega" from "Canna" a Dutch company...it means that...
I'm starving them, right?

It does make sense as I always leaned towards less rather than more in terms of feeding.

What'd you suggest?

:thank you:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I don't know anything about that nutrient, but if you're sure the nutrient is correct, and using a safe water source, then yeah, you're underfeeding. All I can say with relative certainty is that I see P deficiency.

MedFaced

Terra Vega looks like it one part of a complete feeding system. Use Vega for the veg, Flores for bloom, and looks like they offer boosters and additives meant to go with what you have. Welcome to the world of cannabis nutrient line money traps!

Easiest fastest fix, I would continue using their complete line as directed starting at smaller doses before working your way up to their feed chart. If not staying on top of ph, start.

If that sound terrible to you, at least grab their bloom base—Flores—and begin feeding with that. You may have to feed more than what’s directed so paying attention to how the plants respond like you have been is critical.

Generally with synthetic nutes, its feed, plain H2O, feed, repeat. Plain water the last week.

webwiller

That slight leaf curling on the edges of the serrations is usually caused by lack of humidity in the room. Stale, dry air. Increase air flow and circulation. Increase humidity.

dank.Frank

Thanks Frank! RH is almost always around 60% and never less than 55%. It goes up higher but it won't go lower 50% in worst-case scenario. The tent is constantly ventilated with slightly negative pressure. Honestly I'm more concerned about too much RH, considering they should flower in a week or two, and RH should be lowered.

webwiller

SOLVED!

SOLVED!

For the sake of knowledge...

This were the early signs of a Magnesium Deficiency.

Properly treated, this is the result now:

IMG-20190808-003237.jpg

And:

IMG-20190808-003232.jpg

:thank you: ALL for help & support! :biggrin: