What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is best led ?

scarafino

Hi ,

I am currently in 6X600 WATT HPS and I would like changed against leds

What are the best led currently on the market?

I would like to harvest 7 pound per crop

What do you recommend ?

Is it easy to make the gram watt with led?

Grapefruitroop

I strongly raccomend Spectrum King Led and in particular SK602.....those fixtures are potent as hell......bright....well made I have 4 of em
they cover perfectly a 5 by 5 foot area in flower and they can go over 8 by 8 in veg...they use 640 w
i was stoked by the destiny and tricks of the bud that were sitting out of the 5 by 5 foot footprint!!
They do put out some heat doh.....and they require a high ceiling to be hang

the only con is the cost...they are expensive but come with 5 year warranty!!

I love them!!

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi ,

I am currently in 6X600 WATT HPS and I would like changed against leds

What are the best led currently on the market?

I would like to harvest 7 pound per crop

What do you recommend ?

Is it easy to make the gram watt with led?

How much do you want to spend? You can spend quite a bit of money on lights that do some really cool things. Like a tunable spectrum. But you'd be dropping over $1500 a light right now. Names that come to mind are Fluence, ProGrowTech, Bios, Gavita.

HLGs are a good bargain. I've seen a lot of stellar grows here with them.

They are not to be confused with HGL, who is a sponsor here. I can't tell you anything about these lights as I've never seen a complete grow with them other than someone growing lettuce. There are couple of side by sides going on right now though. So maybe poke your head into those threads.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
For the money MarsHydro is very legit,

you mean the company that gives a '3' yr warr, but only covers u for the 1st 3mos if anything goes wrong- after that u are paying the shipping back to them for mos 3-12... from 12-36 you pay shipping both ways, u pay for the repair... and u pay the 'handling fee' whatever the fuk that is...

is this the company u refer to???

G

Gauss

you mean the company that gives a '3' yr warr, but only covers u for the 1st 3mos if anything goes wrong- after that u are paying the shipping back to them for mos 3-12... from 12-36 you pay shipping both ways, u pay for the repair... and u pay the 'handling fee' whatever the fuk that is...

is this the company u refer to???

No, that was not my experience. My equipment has been flawless.

Tony21

No, that was not my experience. My equipment has been flawless.
You didn't answer the question, and how can you have any experience with their warranty if your "equipment" had been flawless?

Are you paid to blow your horns in public?

G

Gauss

Tony, your state of agitation amuses me. Please have another drink and continue.

Zach, feel free to put them on truth blast for OP if they did somebody wrong. I can only attest to my own experience with them, which is to use them as complementary lighting. They were cheap but do the trick for me, so I'm happy with the money spent all things considered against the other options I looked at. Maybe in six months I'll eat my words, but I have no reason to personally expect so from using them.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Zach, feel free to put them on truth blast for OP if they did somebody wrong. I can only attest to my own experience with them, which is to use them as complementary lighting. They were cheap but do the trick for me, so I'm happy with the money spent all things considered against the other options I looked at. Maybe in six months I'll eat my words, but I have no reason to personally expect so from using them.

i am not commenting on their performance, as i have never used them...BUT... i am commenting on their 'claim' of a 3 yr warr- maybe in Beijing they consider it a 3yr warr, but when u step outside their 3rd world country, its a '3' month warr... no more...no less...

Yeah man. You guys look to make a nice light. I’ve seen them in person and the quality is definitely there. If I have it my way, I’ll be able to give em a whirl soon myself. Surprised you haven’t been mentioned much around here. I guess the forums are dying, I’m just not with times I suppose xD.

Leaflet

Thanks for the mention, @PurplePotion

You might want to check out your web server. I wanted to take a look at what you have to offer and am getting a 403 Forbidden error just trying to access the index file.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

CaptainDankness

I still don't really trust LED's just so expensive and they don't all work that great. This one guy had 4 Kind LED's his plants where kind of sad I know it wasn't just the lighting he had several visible mistakes, but he was more of a outdoor grower and still not that good. But the problem I had is I was there when he tried to sell one of the lights after one grow and they turned it on and an entire row of diodes where dead and I'm pretty sure he paid over a thousand dollars each.

I'm sure it was still under warranty, but who wants to wait 2 months for a replacement on a thousand dollar light? You pay that much for a fucking light you really need that crop. My ballast dies I can replace it pretty cheap overnight Amazon and LED really hasn't outperformed much and the only ones that might be a little better cost far too much. Not too mention it seems most of the big commercial growers are using HPS DE, even Shantibaba and Rare Dankness. I would think with millions of dollars and being some of the best they would choose the best lighting.

LED can't really be much better when Moonshine won a cup with Ghost Train Haze grown under HPS (I want to say pre DE?) at like 27% THC or some shit. It's definitely been beaten since but did they really use LED? I'm definitely skeptical on it.

Leaflet

When it comes to commercial operations, they don't necessarily choose the best(what is the definition of best anyway?) lighting - they choose the most profitable lighting. For the time being, that is HID lighting.

Latest posts

Latest posts