What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about spots on my Autoflower

Hitemup

Hi.
It's my first grow in a small closed. And I'm concerned about spots I've noticed today. They are quite large and yellowish. The strain is Incredible Bulk from dr. Kippling autoflower ,5 weeks old.

Is this something I should be worried about?

Attachments

• PSX_20190612_220914.jpg
    PSX_20190612_220914.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 33

Hitemup

Seems like it is thrip Invasion. I got infected part of the leaf out and hopefully, it didn't spread. It's clear for now. Got naan oil on the way, to use it against thrip.
Thanks for the help once more 😄

Attachments

• PSX_20190613_222305.jpg
    PSX_20190613_222305.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 40

iTHC

Seems like it is thrip Invasion. I got infected part of the leaf out and hopefully, it didn't spread. It's clear for now. Got naan oil on the way, to use it against thrip.

i like a garlic and keema naan myself but never tried it on my plants:laughing: neem oil is a good preventative measure, thrips spread fast if left alone

Dankwolf

Get flying insect sticky traps .

watch your watering ( over watering can invite many issues ).

Don't spray anything when plants are past week 4 - 5 of flower ing unless you have no plans to use/ smoke them.

Use neem /dawn soap at a tsp per gallon of water. For foiler sprays . spray strait water in between . just a simple pm .

Lastly relax and learn . you can read all the books and forums in the world but hands on experience is invulubale.

There are many threadse on periodic maintenance

Dankwolf

i like a garlic and keema naan myself but never tried it on my plants ****** neem oil is a good preventative measure, thrips spread fast if left alone

Before laughing realize not all that post are from USA . also my spelling is terrible . yet I can still grow farley well

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

iTHC

Nice . get called out being a dick and what do you do call the person a ass . gangsta bro :laughing:

:laughing:

See, there are three kinds of people: dicks, pussies and assholes.
Pussies think everyone can get along and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through.
But then you got your assholes.
And all the assholes want is to shit all over everything.
So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because, pussies get fucked by dicks.
But dicks also fuck assholes! And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get?
You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!! :huggg:

it's all good growmie, nice tree's btw:tiphat:

Last edited:

Dankwolf

:laughing:

See, there are three kinds of people: dicks, pussies and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want is to shit all over everything. So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because, pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes! And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!! :huggg:

it's all good growmie, nice tree's btw:tiphat:

I think you would fit in better on Instagram .

P

pongster

hello brother, i hope you are well.
This is suckng insect damage, most likely thrips, as a brother said before.

My two cents, which you are welcome to throw again back to the wishing well: those kind of insects (sucking habit, small size, survival based on numbers not skills), will stay put when it's cold, and likely they will spend the nights on the back of the leaves and close to the stems, where there's more T° and H%. Get your neem oil diluted in water with a small amount of soap or cooking oil (i use corn oil, the one they use for fries and shit like that), and mist nicely your plants just after the indoor is gone to night mode, or when you enter night time if you are outdoors, so the plants will spend the night with the neem oil solution on their leaves. Repeat in 3-4 days.
Beware the size of the droplet, use a decent sprayer that can cut the drop in small parts. If you can't get a decent sprayer, then use a poor one but far from the plants, so they won't get big drops on their leaves. Go also for the stems and places where it's "cozy".

Apply also this mist in the top of the soil. But only as coating.

The neem oil extract i have access to is kind of a jelly, not really a liquid. I take a very small teaspoon, put in a 500 ml cup with warm/hot water, and a drop of oil, stir, let it rest, stir again and apply on time.

Again, i can't tell which insect is since we don't have the mugshot, but if it survives the neem applications, then the options will be much less and easier to identify and hopefully control afterwards.
Best luck!!!!! :dance013:

Hitemup

Get flying insect sticky traps .

watch your watering ( over watering can invite many issues ).

Don't spray anything when plants are past week 4 - 5 of flower ing unless you have no plans to use/ smoke them.

Use neem /dawn soap at a tsp per gallon of water. For foiler sprays . spray strait water in between . just a simple pm .

Lastly relax and learn . you can read all the books and forums in the world but hands on experience is invulubale.

There are many threadse on periodic maintenance

That is amazing tip, just the one I was hoping for.
Thank you!👍

Hitemup

hello brother, i hope you are well.
This is suckng insect damage, most likely thrips, as a brother said before.

My two cents, which you are welcome to throw again back to the wishing well: those kind of insects (sucking habit, small size, survival based on numbers not skills), will stay put when it's cold, and likely they will spend the nights on the back of the leaves and close to the stems, where there's more T° and H%. Get your neem oil diluted in water with a small amount of soap or cooking oil (i use corn oil, the one they use for fries and shit like that), and mist nicely your plants just after the indoor is gone to night mode, or when you enter night time if you are outdoors, so the plants will spend the night with the neem oil solution on their leaves. Repeat in 3-4 days.
Beware the size of the droplet, use a decent sprayer that can cut the drop in small parts. If you can't get a decent sprayer, then use a poor one but far from the plants, so they won't get big drops on their leaves. Go also for the stems and places where it's "cozy".

Apply also this mist in the top of the soil. But only as coating.

The neem oil extract i have access to is kind of a jelly, not really a liquid. I take a very small teaspoon, put in a 500 ml cup with warm/hot water, and a drop of oil, stir, let it rest, stir again and apply on time.

Again, i can't tell which insect is since we don't have the mugshot, but if it survives the neem applications, then the options will be much less and easier to identify and hopefully control afterwards.
Best luck!!!!! :dance013:

Thank You very much for the detailed instructions. I will do exactly like You say in my future grow if thrips(or whatever that was) attack my beloved plant(s) again. For now it seems I got rid of them by getting infected leafs( just 1 and a half leaf) off. My plant now is healthy and in few days ready to harvest. 👍😀