What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG4 and some older seed from 2005 in DWC.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Scrogged down.

Scrogged down.

Bent everything over to put it under the first net again. I was amazed at how much I had to remove. I vegged at least a week to long...lol. The net is nearly completely full. Very even and full of heads just waiting to take off! Now it is time to just let them fly and slowly work them into the upper net for support.
Pre bending.
picture.php

After the elephant came through...
picture.php

Things went well. I only broke 3 small heads off total. Plenty more there to fill in. The silica gives them some nice strong stems that can handle some bending. I am going to compliment myself at filling in the screen, I think I killed it.:dance013:
They are feeding and drinking well, over 100 ppms and 5 qts of r/o water a day. Ph is keeping stable. I am amazed again at how low I am able to keep my ppms and the plants are totally happy. Right about 500-550
Putting together my F&D system today. The clones will be ready soon to move into the tray. Roots blowing up. These F&D systems are so fricken easy. Why have I not used this method before? Awesome. So stoked to see this one come off guys!!
Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Cloner is working!

Cloner is working!

Hi all. Doing the happy roots dance here. My clones are 14 days in now and the roots are the best I have ever had. My clone game has always lagged behind my other growing skills and always caused me anxiety. I NEVER want to lose my GG4 clone cut so it is important to be able to take clones reliably. Well I can say those days are over!!! This new reciepe I am using is just the best. 100% success rate on this one.
Here is a example. 14 days in cloner...sorry it is a bit blurry.
picture.php

Just crazy shark teeth like roots absolutely blowing out the sides of these stems.
picture.php

Have reached the end of week 1 of flower. I have been using Metal Halide all this way. I will switch out 1 for a Solis Tek HPS tonight. They have drank 36 quarts of water since the flip. Just about ready for a rez change out...
Have a great day...I am going to hit some dabs of Romulan Cookies.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Week 2 of flower rocking along.

Week 2 of flower rocking along.

Hi all. Week 2 of flower is ripping along. Still tying to get used to feeding these girls such a low PPM...about 500 max. If I go any higher they get pissed. Going to do some more de-leafing in week 3. Environment is rock solid and so are water temps. Air temps maxing out at 80 and water sitting at a tight 66. Chiller for the win! Woot woot!:woohoo:
The HP grows like a beast. Super tight internodes and looks to be a mix of indy/sat. Glue is rolling along like the Glue does. Not a big stacker but what you get if absolute quality.
Shot before light up...Glue, HP peeking in the back. Can't really get a good shot of the HP with the way the lights are.
picture.php

Spent some time this week changing the inside of my tent. I have a 2x4 Gorilla for moms, cloning, seed germ and some veg. I used some chrome wire food service shelving to make a framework for what I wanted. it is not complete yet but giving you a idea of how it will go. Lots of wire running/tidying and final positioning of the power strips yet to be done.
Upper section.
picture.php

Lower area with the rez and cloner section.
picture.php

Couple cycle timers to keep the F&D rolling along. Small heater for when its light out and get cold. Couple fans, air and water pumps.
i have 2' T-5 HO for the clones and a 150 air cooled MH for the veg area. Like I said still positioning things and running wirers. It will be sweet and tidy when I am done.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Transplanted clones.

Transplanted clones.

Some clones I moved to the table about 12 hours ago. 4 Glues and 1 HP.
picture.php

I am running food grade plastics for rez and table. I see so many people NOT doing this. Makes you wonder why. I know totes are cheap, but I do not want to give my self cancer...enought stuff out there trying to do it to you without your own help as well.
Keep it clean guys!!!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks

Thanks

Great job all the way through keep it up negative37dBA:good:
Looking nice and clean!
Thanks so much for that DARKSIDER and 99problems. I was beginning to think no one was around....lol. We are just getting stared with the good stuff. Should really take off now that we are well into flowering. They are really feeding now, ate over 150 ppm last night out of the solution.:dance013:
I do like to keep things very clean. Bugs are no fun. Way bettter to put in effort to prevent them rather than deal with them. I find the more attention/effort you put into your grow the more you get out of it.
I have cool stuff to look forward to. Have some Alien Rift beans on the way to me. I have seen very few grows of it on here. Bred by Vader of Ocean Grown Seeds it is a mix of 3 Aliens. Alien Abduction x Alien Dawg x Alien OG. Should be sweet!
Thanks and have a great day.
Peace negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Some new goodies!

Some new goodies!

Picked up a nice little goodie today. Alien Rift beans from Ocean Grown Seeds by Vader. Looking forward to popping these. I got a 10 pack but I am going to start slow and just pop 2. I will keep any males I get for pollen collection(hehe). Look for a good mom and get some going. Be nice and fun to make a Glue cross with this. 4thgorilla/3aliens or 4g3a? Wow that would have a nice parental lineage. GG4(Sourdub x Chems sis x Chocolate diesel) X Rift(Alien dawg x Alien OG x Alien abduction)....nice!!
picture.php

picture.php

These guys are real professional and it shows in the product line and how they conduct themselves. A breath of fresh air in the seedy seed industry. Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Week 3 of flower.

Week 3 of flower.

Hi all. So I will admit it, if you have not noticed by the pictures, I am a dam dirty defoliator...lol:moon: I know there is a lot of debate over this but in short, it works. Seen plenty of guys pull off sweet harvests using the technique with zero issues. I have done it in the past and I am on the boat. The idea of your plant needing those stores of energy in the future is flawed. We as indoor growers never let the plant get to a state where it needs the reserves, except at the end where we want it to die anyway. You get a TON more light penetration. You concentrate all energy to the mains and no larf. I leave zero under the first net. Most are starting to hit the second net now...have to get that in tonight.
Here we are day 23. A few budsites showing :woohoo:
picture.php

I put a 600 watt in the near hood last night. Plants are farther away from that one. I may pop the other 600 in as well. I seem to be able to handle the temps and I like the increased light pen. Putting in week 3 nutes today. Mix of Advanced and Botanicare. Running in the 500 ppm range, they even seem happy at around 390. This is one thing I did not expect. Very nice to be able to keep it that low. Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

99problems

Hi all. So I will admit it, if you have not noticed by the pictures, I am a dam dirty defoliator...lol:moon: I know there is a lot of debate over this but in short, it works. Seen plenty of guys pull off sweet harvests using the technique with zero issues. I have done it in the past and I am on the boat. The idea of your plant needing those stores of energy in the future is flawed. We as indoor growers never let the plant get to a state where it needs the reserves, except at the end where we want it to die anyway. You get a TON more light penetration. You concentrate all energy to the mains and no larf. I leave zero under the first net. Most are starting to hit the second net now...have to get that in tonight.
Here we are day 23. A few budsites showing :woohoo:
View Image
I put a 600 watt in the near hood last night. Plants are farther away from that one. I may pop the other 600 in as well. I seem to be able to handle the temps and I like the increased light pen. Putting in week 3 nutes today. Mix of Advanced and Botanicare. Running in the 500 ppm range, they even seem happy at around 390. This is one thing I did not expect. Very nice to be able to keep it that low. Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

Looking good in there !

And I agree with the defoliating , did it on a few plants and the tops look just as good as on the other plants and the lowers on the defoliated ones looks almost as good as the tops while the lowers on the ones I left alone are just larf.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for that 99problems....I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one....lol. Nice song lyrics. Moving along well, they like the 600. Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Upping my seed storage game.

Upping my seed storage game.

Hi all. Decided to put all my seed up in plastic centrifuge vials. Makes them easier to ID and they wont get crushed for sure. Have some 2ml and 5ml vials I used. I then put organic cotton and on top of that the dry, dry...lol. Labeled all of them and back in the fridge they go. I have had them stored for years in paper bindles in a glass jar, fridged. They seem to pop just fine. The HP I am running this round is from 2005. 100% germ rate. I just popped 5 more from 2014 and they all germed as well.
picture.php

Turns pink when needing replaced.
picture.php

Picked up another great one from Ocean Grown....Dough G.
picture.php

I can almost taste those cookies already...:biggrin:
Have a great day...I have another jar to vial up!
Peace negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 27 of flower.

Day 27 of flower.

Got the upper trellis in last night. Ready to watch them come up through and reach for the lights. Running 2 x 600 watter's now. 1200 watts baby. Have them at exactly 12 inches above canopy. Everything is rolling along well. Keeping PPM in the 400-500 range! Blows me away compared to how much I used to use...Now I see why they call RDWC the Ferrari of grow style. Yeah Baby!! Give me the keys...I promise I won't wreck it.
GG4 in front, HP in back.
picture.php

Did a test run for germ rate and sprout rate on some old seed I have. Thought I would test out my humidity dome seed starting on some free beans before I go for it with the OG genetics. I got 5 out of 5 to germ and sprout. Started them in water for 12 hours then paper towel for 24. All had tails then into the grodan macro plugs and dome. 2.5 days later all 5 are up and 4 out of 5 have popped there seed shell.:tiphat:
picture.php

These are from 2013-2014 and have some fire Afgooey in them. They were made by me...woot woot!! A mix of Afgooey, Super Silver Haze and a local Indica. They have a tap root down into the bottom of the tray already.
I do believe I am ready for the Dough G by Ocean grown! Have a great day!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Tent is doing well.

Tent is doing well.

Have come along way in my tent. Things are pretty much set up now and working great. We have gained some ground on these since they were put in here 8 days ago.
picture.php

Today...yes! The HP.
picture.php

GG4. Have 2 of these getting ready for the next run...:dance013:
picture.php

GG4, Roots are popping...woot woot! F&D is fun.
picture.php

Brand new to F&D. Still figuring out the feeding strength and schedule of feeds but they are coming along nicely. Going with 1 feed every hour for 4 minutes. Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
End week 4 of flower.

End week 4 of flower.

Hi all. Reached the end of week 4 of flower. Everything is looking well and running smoothly. Really once you reach this point and have done things correctly, it is pretty easy.. Just changed out to week 5 nutes this am. Still running nutes at a low level, 420 ppm is my target. If i keep it close to that they stay Ph stable. Putting on frost, the Glue is so sexy for that. Day 35 and I have tons of trichs on the big fan leaves stems and lower areas...sweet.
Couple shots of them on day 35. Glue in front HP in back.
picture.php

Glue flower close up.
picture.php

Made a trip to a retail pot store yesterday. Wanted to see what some Glue was like from a commercial grower...Well in short not impressed. Equinox was the grower. Look from the jar was ok till you scoped it then saw a absence of trichs on the outside...not good start. Mine is totally covered in trichs on the outside. Opened jar and wondered where is the weed smell. Almost no smell, mine will knock you backwards when you open the jar. Make you wrinkle up your nose in a good way. The feel was not sticky at all. Mine you almost need to get out the alcohol to clean your hand after loading a couple bowls. The smoke was snappy...are you fucking kidding me...crack, crack, crack as I hit it. Mine is a smooth as it gets, absolutely no crackle and clean white ash. The effect was actually not bad. It did get me high for a good while, not as hard hitting or as long as mine though.
Overall, disappointment, which is what I expected. I am not the best grower and my GG4 blows away the stores in every way shape and form you can measure... :peacock:
You all have a great day!
Peace, negative.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Hi all. Reached the end of week 4 of flower. Everything is looking well and running smoothly. Really once you reach this point and have done things correctly, it is pretty easy.. Just changed out to week 5 nutes this am. Still running nutes at a low level, 420 ppm is my target. If i keep it close to that they stay Ph stable. Putting on frost, the Glue is so sexy for that. Day 35 and I have tons of trichs on the big fan leaves stems and lower areas...sweet.
Couple shots of them on day 35. Glue in front HP in back.
View Image
Glue flower close up.
View Image
Made a trip to a retail pot store yesterday. Wanted to see what some Glue was like from a commercial grower...Well in short not impressed. Equinox was the grower. Look from the jar was ok till you scoped it then saw a absence of trichs on the outside...not good start. Mine is totally covered in trichs on the outside. Opened jar and wondered where is the weed smell. Almost no smell, mine will knock you backwards when you open the jar. Make you wrinkle up your nose in a good way. The feel was not sticky at all. Mine you almost need to get out the alcohol to clean your hand after loading a couple bowls. The smoke was snappy...are you fucking kidding me...crack, crack, crack as I hit it. Mine is a smooth as it gets, absolutely no crackle and clean white ash. The effect was actually not bad. It did get me high for a good while, not as hard hitting or as long as mine though.
Overall, disappointment, which is what I expected. I am not the best grower and my GG4 blows away the stores in every way shape and form you can measure... :peacock:
You all have a great day!
Peace, negative.

:good: Nice work negative37dBA you are doing a good job.:tiphat:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Making my own grow nutes....

Making my own grow nutes....

Thanks so much for that DARKSIDER. Feel like i am playing to a VERY small crowd but that is ok. These diaries make for good reference material for me. I can see where I was at different times.
Diving into making my own nutrients. The nute companies are really pulling the wool over peoples eyes. I see I should have started my own nute company years ago. The 1000 to 5000% mark up is attractive. Unreal how much money these guys make. No wonder they can advertise and throw parties all the time...lmao. I just spent $22.00 to make about 125 GALLONS of CONCENTRATED solution. It is at a 10 to 1 concentrate that will make 1250 gallons of finished grow nutes....Advanced charges $35.00 or so for 1 QUART each of A and B. Way to go Big Mike!!! Bend some more people over:moon:
The things you learn sometimes are very valuable...keep learning. Have a great day everyone.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
End week 5 flower.

End week 5 flower.

Hi all. Things are going well. Glue is frosting up and the HP is getting some as well. So this is the "Woolly Mammoth" pheno of the HP seed. I grew this about 13 years ago and this is one of the phenos I got. Kinda cool to see it again after all this time.
The Woolly at day 34.
picture.php

GG4, end week 5.
picture.php

The whole room.
picture.php

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Sampling some store bought meds.

Sampling some store bought meds.

Have tried out a couple store bought strains lately. Here are some.
Fruit Punch.
picture.php

GG4.
picture.php

Larry OG #2 x Gelato.
picture.php

The Larry is prob the best. They all lack smell. Look nice but low odor. If you look close at the Larry pic you will find a nice hair in the bud...not mine...yuk! The GG4 crackled a bunch. Overall not impressed. Ok but not at all stellar. Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

Last edited: