What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TH Seeds "SAGE" smoke report

mixin

i will do a better, more detailed report in a few days, but here is a report on two separate feminised phenos of TH Seeds "S.a.g.e.".

my two phenos of sage have been curing for about 3-4 weeks now and its turning into something special.

pheno 1 (smelled strong of sweet grapefruit while flowering)
picture.php

picture.php

pheno 2 (had a different smell that had some grapefruit hints to it while flowering)
picture.php

picture.php

a nice smooth smoke that has killer bag appeal, smells so sweet, and has a tangy goodness about it. my taller pheno (pheno 2)is smelling like cat piss. but in such a good way. after removing maybe two nugs from a glass jar and putting them into a plastic baggy, the flavors begin to come forward. an intense smell of cat piss easily penetrates the plastic baggy as if the bag wasn't even there. a smell of cat piss, but in a sweet type of way. definitely a good way.

but if i take the baggy up to my nose and smell the sage nugget up close, i pick up a pepper smell. but a sweet black pepper smell. two flavors that i wouldn't expect to have combined together.

the other pheno (pheno 1)smells even sweeter, but no pepper or cat piss smell at all. just tangy sweet mixed with a creamy french vanilla smell. it smokes just as good.

no harsh smoke here at all. nice and smooth, with great flavors and killer head and body high. i don't really know which one i like better. they are both total keepers if you ask me. perfect in their differences and similarities. i will continue to let them cure to their best and see how it differs from this report

mixin

me too. after hearing so many good things about sage i had to give it a try. i really like its stealth smell during flowering (its hard to figure out what the good smell is). its a definite all-round winner in my book!

turbolaser4528

Veteran
yeah sage looks promising, even the sage n sour has got my eye. what are the flowering times on these strains though? some say 9 weeks others are saying 11+ ???

I was talking to a fellow grower today that says their 85-89 day SAGE is some of the strongest smoke they have ever had. I know this grower and their exposure to strains and this is no small statement.

I would have to say the 11+ week strain is the one to search for, but I have not grown it personally.

mixin

yeah sage looks promising, even the sage n sour has got my eye. what are the flowering times on these strains though? some say 9 weeks others are saying 11+ ???

flowering for the sage n sour was about 9 weeks although i am gonna hold out for another week next time.

flowering time for the sage n sour was around 80-85 days i think. i think it was definately ready then

both phenos of sage smell so damn good!

mixin

I was talking to a fellow grower today that says their 85-89 day SAGE is some of the strongest smoke they have ever had. I know this grower and their exposure to strains and this is no small statement.

I would have to say the 11+ week strain is the one to search for, but I have not grown it personally.

the smoke is great! super smooth, smells great when bagged (a couple grams of the catpiss pheno in a sealed baggy will have the whole room smelling like sweet cat piss! you just want to keep smelling it its so good!)

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Outstanding, I wanna lick those buds like the creamy flesh of a 16 year old.

I can almost smell those buds as I read your description, looks like some unique gems in your possession. I was thinking of trying the Sage'N'Sour at some point due to potential green apple flavorage.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
so

sage

or the sage n sour?

anyone grow both?

any opinions?

I was thinking of crossing the sage to a sour bubble keeper and see what comes from it.

Sweet N Sour Cat Piss?

THC Angel

So many people talked to me about this strain back in the dayz, that I said to myself "I have to give it a try...one day and totally forgot it as I'm attracted by tons of strains lol. But your report just make think that I really have to give it a try. Nice buds and nice pics Mixin :)

henrydaniels

Those pics look great. I have heard that if you let it flower for 90 days, you will have some of the highest quality bud possible. That extra 5 days could make a diffrence!! The foxtails on that nug is crazy. Where you using organic nutrients? soil or hydro?

mixin

So many people talked to me about this strain back in the dayz, that I said to myself "I have to give it a try...one day and totally forgot it as I'm attracted by tons of strains lol. But your report just make think that I really have to give it a try. Nice buds and nice pics Mixin :)

thanks! i think you should try it. you wont be disappointed!

Y

yossman

Been wanting to try this one for time,thanks for the great report!

moho

Lovely pics and great report, gotta admit I chuckled quite a bit at your cat piss comments haha. It's hard to imagine cat piss smelling good but I believe you :)

How powerful is the flavor if you compare to other strains? I've understood the smell is really strong but does the flavor match?