You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Fiddynut's indoor jungle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2019, 01:05 AM #2811
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfishy1 View Post
Cook that shit! Then add your own microbial life through teas Famalam! I just dropped a cookie wreck last night! Excited to see what she holds. I’m trying to keep from buying more beans but damn the itch is intense! Be good kiddos
Good afternoon Badfishy.
Great call on the teas and being able to add life to my soil. This bagged store bought stuff probably dosent have a lot of microbes in it and even if I didn't need to cook it I'd be better off using teas. I'll do some searching for recipes and get to sourcing some ingredients.
I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from this seed run. Even thought these were freebies I've heard great things about this guys LBL crosses. I'll try to keep the updates comming on a regular basis. Hope you and your fam are doing great!
Fiddynut is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 01:30 AM #2812
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of lightFiddynut is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
fish make a good point about how its easy to inoculate your soil with anything you want after "baking"
plus the warm dirt will encourage growth in the bacteria/ cultures
its like starting with a fresh slate
but it sounds like you have a handle on this and know which way to go
diatomaceous earth is good as a top dressing and kills a variety of pests
its basically the shells of tiny animals long gone, but they are sharp at a microscopic level and also absorb moisture
plus its safe to use around kids and pets
that sucks that your aunt isnt feeling well
there are a couple things going around, at least where i am at and i hope she feels better soon
so which way are you going with the pork this weekend?
im all about the football tis weekend friend so im going to keep it as simple as i can
a big ol' pot of chili and some baked potatoes will keep me going
not only is the pup warm but a dog is an excellent deterrent around the house
its hard to sneak up on an animal even when its asleep and you never know what its going to do
some people are scarred of dogs like you wouldent believe and for good reason
/ive been bit before
but its part of their instinct to protect the pack and im sure you guys are all on the same page as far as strangers go
man, he sounds like a great dog

enjoy the weekend fellows and keep on kicking ass!
/thanks for all the kindness guys! you know who im talking at!
you guys rock!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I'm glad you guys mentioned doing teas and adding more life to the mix. I don't have any experience but I've read about them back when I first started growing. I have an air pump and stones for brewing.
For sure it sucks for my aunt to be sick, especially on her birthday. There has been plenty of bugs going around here as well and most people that I work with and am friends with have been sick at least once this winter. I have been lucky the last few years and don't even remember when the last time I had a cold or flu or anything.
I'm still a little undecided about the pork for tomorrow and I might switch to ribs to save time. I went to the local mountain bike trail,today after work and there were a few people riding and the trail is in good shape. So I think I'll get out for a ride tomorrow later in the morning, it's been since early November since I got a ride in and I'm dying to get out there. That will leave me less time to cook and I like to do pulled pork low and slow. It will be a morning decision either way. A nice pot of chili is a great game day food. I've been known to eat 4-5 bowls of chili over the course of an afternoon. A coworker brought in a huge pot of chili to work a week or so ago and I think I ate 3 bowls back to back it was so good. It sounds like you are set for a Sunday funday.
Eggo is impossible to sneak up on and a natural watch dog. If anything I'm trying to get him to tone that down a little because he barks at anyone walking a dog when he is in the house or when we are in the car. He is very loud and wakes the wife up in the morning with his barking at people walking dogs on our street. But that is something we can work with and he will learn what needs his barking and what dosent.
Keep kicking ass too and have a great Sunday tomorrow.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:40 AM #2813
Fiddynut

Update and pics

Greetings friends.
This morning I put some seeds into soil for the first time is a few months. I soaked 5 cookie wreck X LBL and 4 bubba kush X LBL seeds for 24 hours in RO water and then put them into 4" pots of moist happy frog soil. The plan is to flower out the seed plants this time. If I get more than 4 lady's from these 9 seeds I'll need to break this up into two flower runs and grow the second run from clones of the seed plants. I haven't flowered out a seed plant in over a year because I've been growing from clones of seed plants. This is a good method and insures that I've got clones if I want to keep plants around but it takes up a lot more room and I have to have a lot more plants around. This should be a fun grow and maybe I'll even find some great plants here. Stay tuned.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:15 AM #2814
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddynut View Post
Greetings friends.
This morning I put some seeds into soil for the first time is a few months. I soaked 5 cookie wreck X LBL and 4 bubba kush X LBL seeds for 24 hours in RO water and then put them into 4" pots of moist happy frog soil. The plan is to flower out the seed plants this time. If I get more than 4 lady's from these 9 seeds I'll need to break this up into two flower runs and grow the second run from clones of the seed plants. I haven't flowered out a seed plant in over a year because I've been growing from clones of seed plants. This is a good method and insures that I've got clones if I want to keep plants around but it takes up a lot more room and I have to have a lot more plants around. This should be a fun grow and maybe I'll even find some great plants here. Stay tuned.
View Image View Image
Check your PM's
packerfan79 is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:19 AM #2815
rocker

Location: There's a little cafe, where they play guitars all night and all day
rocker has a spectacular aura aboutrocker has a spectacular aura aboutrocker has a spectacular aura about
HI All,

back from the dead, kind of. Wow what a start to the year, work is busy and I have had all types of relatives dropping by, so I have been on the DL.

Fiddy - I took your advice and watered the last 4 plants heavily before leaving on vacation, they sat in dark for 8 days, and were fine upon my return, soil was still moist too. I chopped em and hung em for 5 days before the guest arrived and jarred them while my wife went to the airport, then I sauteed some garlic, lol. I will watch your grow.

Hope everyone had a nice break and New Year celebration, I got some bike riding in while on vacation, always feels good.

Poprocks - Maybe SD gets a wet winter this year, nice start anyway, and damn it's cold.

For anyone interested, I will do a smoke report on the 6 girls thread later in the week, I posted a few new pics, and also will add to the cure your buds in the freezer thread too.

Peace,

Rocker

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:53 AM #2816
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddynut View Post
Good afternoon Badfishy.
Great call on the teas and being able to add life to my soil. This bagged store bought stuff probably dosent have a lot of microbes in it and even if I didn't need to cook it I'd be better off using teas. I'll do some searching for recipes and get to sourcing some ingredients.
I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from this seed run. Even thought these were freebies I've heard great things about this guys LBL crosses. I'll try to keep the updates comming on a regular basis. Hope you and your fam are doing great!
Good luck on that search! You will find 6000 recipes from 5000 sources lol.
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 04:01 AM #2817
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
what a great weekend of football and fun!
saturday started early with t'storms on the coast and things just got better
thts great that you have been able to avoid any bugs goign around and i feel lucky too
at one point every one around me was sick and i was able to hang in there
/emergenC and vodka baby!
i know what you mean about the dog wanting announce its presence to the world, ukie was the same way and would bark at anyone who went by
you could tell how close they were to the house by her barks and their intesity, she was a great watch dog
were you able to ride the trails this weekend? thats cool that some people were out already
so did you go with ribs or the pulled pork this weekend? watch any of the football
your new starts looks nice my man and i hope you find some good stuff in those seeds
hope you had a great start to the week my man!
pop_rocks is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2019, 10:08 PM #2818
Fiddynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker View Post
HI All,

back from the dead, kind of. Wow what a start to the year, work is busy and I have had all types of relatives dropping by, so I have been on the DL.

Fiddy - I took your advice and watered the last 4 plants heavily before leaving on vacation, they sat in dark for 8 days, and were fine upon my return, soil was still moist too. I chopped em and hung em for 5 days before the guest arrived and jarred them while my wife went to the airport, then I sauteed some garlic, lol. I will watch your grow.

Hope everyone had a nice break and New Year celebration, I got some bike riding in while on vacation, always feels good.

Poprocks - Maybe SD gets a wet winter this year, nice start anyway, and damn it's cold.

For anyone interested, I will do a smoke report on the 6 girls thread later in the week, I posted a few new pics, and also will add to the cure your buds in the freezer thread too.

Peace,

Rocker
Good afternoon rocker.
Glad everything worked out on your plants while you were away. That was great thinking to fry up some garlic, smells great and covers up everything.
I bet it's nice to have your guests out and your privacy back.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:10 PM #2819
Fiddynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfishy1 View Post
Good luck on that search! You will find 6000 recipes from 5000 sources lol.
Good afternoon Badfishy.
You are right LOL, there are so many ways to do things and I'll probably have to experiment a bit.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:23 PM #2820
Fiddynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
what a great weekend of football and fun!
saturday started early with t'storms on the coast and things just got better
thts great that you have been able to avoid any bugs goign around and i feel lucky too
at one point every one around me was sick and i was able to hang in there
/emergenC and vodka baby!
i know what you mean about the dog wanting announce its presence to the world, ukie was the same way and would bark at anyone who went by
you could tell how close they were to the house by her barks and their intesity, she was a great watch dog
were you able to ride the trails this weekend? thats cool that some people were out already
so did you go with ribs or the pulled pork this weekend? watch any of the football
your new starts looks nice my man and i hope you find some good stuff in those seeds
hope you had a great start to the week my man!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I'm glad you had a great weekend. I only watched the philli and NO game but it was a good one. I'm suprised to hear about your thunderstorms, I've always heard they are rare on the coast. When we were in Oakland we never got them. Here we get many thunderstorms a year and it's always fun to listen and watch Mother Nature doing her thing.
Good job staying healthy. I think that the vodka and vitamin c works wonders too!
I got a great ride in on Sunday. Riding on the frozen dirt is like riding on concrete, lots of traction. Honestly there were as many people mountain biking on Sunday as I'd see there in the summer. I guess I wasn't the only one with the itch to ride.
I decided to go with ribs because time was short on Sunday and I didnt want to do and all night cook. The ribs turned out great and I had allmost two racks leftover so I took them to work on Monday and everybody loved them. It had been too long since I'd made a good batch of ribs.
I hope your week is off to a great start as well buddy.