in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Zerotol 2.0

Thread Title Search
Zerotol 2.0 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2019, 10:45 PM #1
MIhomegrown

MIhomegrown will become famous soon enough
Zerotol 2.0

Anybody use this in their ipm regimen? I want to add this to mine. Also was told that it's good to reduce mold and yeast percentages before harvest. Full panel testing is now in effect in Michigan and people will fail for being high in both I'm sure.

Also I would like to use this in a fogger or atomizer application if anyone has tips with them or could recommend another that could be used safely on plants and can be used in a fogger.
MIhomegrown is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 11:40 PM #2
Hookahhead

Hookahhead is a jewel in the roughHookahhead is a jewel in the roughHookahhead is a jewel in the roughHookahhead is a jewel in the roughHookahhead is a jewel in the roughHookahhead is a jewel in the roughHookahhead is a jewel in the roughHookahhead is a jewel in the rough
I have no experience with the product, but your post intrigued me.

From their website, I found the SDS: https://biosafesystems.com//-labels/...erotol-2.0.pdf

The SDS shows that Peracetic acid is the active ingredient. The Wiki page offers a bit of information about safety.

Quote:
Peracetic acid is a strong oxidizing agent and severe irritant to the skin, eyes, and respiratory system. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency published the following Acute Exposure Guidelines (AEGL):
@0.17ppm The concentration at which the general population will experience transient and reversible problems, such as notable discomfort, irritation, or certain asymptomatic non-sensory effects.

@0.52ppm The concentration that results in irreversible or other serious, long-lasting adverse health effects or an impaired ability to escape.

@1.3ppm The concentration that results in life-threatening health effects or death
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peracetic_acid
Hookahhead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:52 PM #3
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
I’ve got 2.5 gallons of the stuff. Tried it out on live plants when I had a dud issue. I used the strongest application it recommended for soil drench and foliar and saw no signs of stress on plants. By looking at the plants, you couldn’t tell I used anything on them. And I used it multiple days in a row as a foliar spray and root drench. It didn’t help the dud issue though. But I wouldn’t hesitate to use it again.

It seems to disticipate really fast when mixed with water like hydrogen peroxide. I believe the instructions tell you to use what you mix within 12hrs...something like that anyway. You can also spray your entire growroom between crops as part of your ipm. Having so much, I should probably atleast do that with it. Lol.

There’s also dilution rates in the instructions to use it in a clone machine like you would Rez Clear or chlorine, like some ppl like to use. Another good thing, it says you can use it during bloom, no problem.

My 2 cents...
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 12:22 AM #4
MIhomegrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahhead View Post
I have no experience with the product, but your post intrigued me.

From their website, I found the SDS: https://biosafesystems.com//-labels/...erotol-2.0.pdf

The SDS shows that Peracetic acid is the active ingredient. The Wiki page offers a bit of information about safety.
Thanks for that info. I didn't know what peracetic acid was but seeing that it oxidizes along with h2o2 I wonder if it will mess up reflectors or metal components.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:25 AM #5
MIhomegrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Phoenix View Post
Iíve got 2.5 gallons of the stuff. Tried it out on live plants when I had a dud issue. I used the strongest application it recommended for soil drench and foliar and saw no signs of stress on plants. By looking at the plants, you couldnít tell I used anything on them. And I used it multiple days in a row as a foliar spray and root drench. It didnít help the dud issue though. But I wouldnít hesitate to use it again.

It seems to disticipate really fast when mixed with water like hydrogen peroxide. I believe the instructions tell you to use what you mix within 12hrs...something like that anyway. You can also spray your entire growroom between crops as part of your ipm. Having so much, I should probably atleast do that with it. Lol.

Thereís also dilution rates in the instructions to use it in a clone machine like you would Rez Clear or chlorine, like some ppl like to use. Another good thing, it says you can use it during bloom, no problem.

My 2 cents...
Thanks for the insight, that's exactly what I was looking for. So you applied it as a foliar? Did you use an atomizer? I'm concerned about it messing up my reflectors if I fog my rooms. Also what is a dud?

Old 01-13-2019, 12:32 AM #6
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
I think duds come from stem nematodes. So probably why it didn’t work...it’s more of a pest than a fungus/mold. There’s a whole dud thread somewhere around here...

I used it as a foliar with just a spray bottle, not an atomizer. My grow is small. I’d definitely use gloves when working with the stuff raw, but it’s pretty diluted when used as a foliar. Probably won’t mess up the reflectors, imo. I’m no expert though. Now if you mix it according to using it for sterilizing an empty room, you’d most likely run into problems if it got on reflectors.

If I were you, I’d drop biosafe an email and see what they say.

It’s also worth noting, the stuff is super acidic! It’s so acidic that pH up ain’t gonna do shit! Lol. I used it without adjusting pH as a foliar and root drench. You pretty much have to really. And like I said, no ill effect used like that for multiple days. I’m in soil too, for what it’s worth...
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 01:22 AM #7
MIhomegrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Phoenix View Post
I think duds come from stem nematodes. So probably why it didnít work...itís more of a pest than a fungus/mold. Thereís a whole dud thread somewhere around here...

I used it as a foliar with just a spray bottle, not an atomizer. My grow is small. Iíd definitely use gloves when working with the stuff raw, but itís pretty diluted when used as a foliar. Probably wonít mess up the reflectors, imo. Iím no expert though. Now if you mix it according to using it for sterilizing an empty room, youíd most likely run into problems if it got on reflectors.

If I were you, Iíd drop biosafe an email and see what they say.

Itís also worth noting, the stuff is super acidic! Itís so acidic that pH up ainít gonna do shit! Lol. I used it without adjusting pH as a foliar and root drench. You pretty much have to really. And like I said, no ill effect used like that for multiple days. Iím in soil too, for what itís worth...
yeah I've been talking to a rep just trying to get a full rounded analysis from everyone. Wow that's shocking since pm throves in lo acidic environments. The rep said it casues issues with brass and shouldn't have a problem with reflectors.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:25 AM #8
eric2028

eric2028 has a spectacular aura abouteric2028 has a spectacular aura abouteric2028 has a spectacular aura abouteric2028 has a spectacular aura about
I use the Hudson atomizer. It’s $189 on Amazon. Makes short work of spraying.
eric2028 is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 02:13 AM #9
MIhomegrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2028 View Post
I use the Hudson atomizer. Itís $189 on Amazon. Makes short work of spraying.
Does it get every sq inch of the room and how hard does it push the plants around?

Old 01-13-2019, 06:27 PM #10
eric2028

eric2028 has a spectacular aura abouteric2028 has a spectacular aura abouteric2028 has a spectacular aura abouteric2028 has a spectacular aura about
The spray is adjustable from low to high. I personally keep mine on high. Unless their babies. I like the plants moving pretty good while I’m spraying. It shoots a 10 foot fine mist. It’s kinda bulky but you will get the hang of it and never look back. It’s alittle loud too, like a shop vac.
eric2028 is offline Quote