Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Colorado > Looking for a growers job in Colorado

Thread Title Search
Looking for a growers job in Colorado Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2018, 07:57 PM #71
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, Hash...you'll find an opportunity...and good you are selective in choosing gigs.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiod in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus at down to earth prices. Now 12.50 years running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:41 AM #72
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Hash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I’m back on the hunt. The place I got a job was big, but it was a big joke. I quit the second day. Nobody knew what was going on. The general manager wasn’t even there when I got there, and nobody even knew I was supposed to be there. They emailed the manager, and when he emailed them back he said I was supposed to train with them in veg. Instead of doing that, they blew him off and stuck me in a corner to clean pots and wash hydroton for 8 hours. They don’t even use the hydroton the right way, and they grow in the whole facility with it. The place is a 55,000 square foot mess. Every root system had the first stages of root rot or worse. People were operating forklifts wearing headphones. Their “sanitation” process was pointless because it didn’t sanitize anything. Their feeding method was illogical to say the least. The parking lot isn’t even paved, and people were tracking mud in to the facility. Most of the people were visibly unhappy. Half the people I talked to told me the place was a revolving door. The employees talked poorly about the place, and the management. Plus sitting in traffic to get there at 7:30 in the morning and leave at 4:30 in the afternoon was a pain. What is the point of getting there so early if everybody has to fight traffic both ways? I had to wake up at 4:45 am to get there on time. They’d have to pay me three times what they offered me to work there. Even in an entry level position.

Quote:
"I know no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." -Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." -Carl Sagan
Quote:
"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Hash Zeppelin is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:02 PM #73
Drunken Buddha

Drunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really nice
Check Sunday Goods in Willcox, Arizona

At least they have great management and honor people with growing skills:
https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a2...-farm-arizona/
Drunken Buddha is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:03 AM #74
Ralp

Ralp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Buddha View Post
Check Sunday Goods in Willcox, Arizona

At least they have great management and honor people with growing skills:
https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a2...-farm-arizona/
It is a tough life in the El Frieda Bonita Portal triad need a little more grit than most. Nobody is going to trust your skill till they give their acceptance a virtue earned by timeless experience.
Ralp is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 12:58 AM #75
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Hash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralp View Post
It is a tough life in the El Frieda Bonita Portal triad need a little more grit than most. Nobody is going to trust your skill till they give their acceptance a virtue earned by timeless experience.
Well I have almost 18 years of experience in growing and 12 years experience in running a small business. I also have a clean record even though I grew for a decade in a non legal state.

Quote:
"I know no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." -Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." -Carl Sagan
Quote:
"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 01-13-2019, 07:40 PM #76
Hydro8

Hydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of light
IndoExpo is in 2-weeks. I was looking at the list their is a good number of business are setting up there. If you are still looking it might be worth your time to take a few business cards and wander around and try to connect with people.
Hydro8 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:25 PM #77
sdd420

sdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud of
sdd420 has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hash Zeppelin View Post
Well I have almost 18 years of experience in growing and 12 years experience in running a small business. I also have a clean record even though I grew for a decade in a non legal state.
Your Bay Area backyard setup was very nice. If only they could see it and see your passion as well. Keep it green bro

dont count the days make the days count
Legal medical patient

_________
“Make the most you can of the Indian hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." - Thomas Jefferson
"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” – Abraham Lincoln
sdd420 is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2019, 10:05 PM #78
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro8 View Post
IndoExpo is in 2-weeks. I was looking at the list their is a good number of business are setting up there. If you are still looking it might be worth your time to take a few business cards and wander around and try to connect with people.
Awesome. I’ll give it a go!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 01-17-2019, 10:09 PM #79
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd420 View Post
Your Bay Area backyard setup was very nice. If only they could see it and see your passion as well. Keep it green bro
Ty! I wish I still could do it, but the state, county and city changed the laws on us. Legalization has been a huge flop in CA. The black market got larger, and the legal market shrank. Which we all knew would happen because the regulations and taxes were to steep.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

2 members found this post helpful.