Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Bovedas 62% giving weird taste to my weed

Thread Title Search
Bovedas 62% giving weird taste to my weed Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2019, 01:26 PM #31
frankelopez

frankelopez will become famous soon enoughfrankelopez will become famous soon enoughfrankelopez will become famous soon enough
Bovedas save my ass when i forget to calibrate my drying room proper,

Ive had the same theory that it must be the "perfect" rha that makes the buds not wanna give off much smell, / when bovedas are removed jar goes loud, but that only mean your "losing" that loud your smelling in that very moment,

Only issue ive ever had with bovedas was a bag of small boveda 62% i got, they were individually sealed in small plastic bags, and it seems the machine that was used for sealing these plastic bags had accidently broken the seal on a single boveda,

Which resulted in the fluid inside the boveda to leak out onto the other bovedas,

So how careful do we need to be with this fluid? Im guessing its not toxic or anything,

i wouldnt want it smeared onto the surface of my buds tho, so i trashed that entire batch of 62's because it seems that the fluid had spread to the plastic sealing of the others,
frankelopez is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 01:41 PM #32
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
Its a mix of salts that wants to be at a particular RH depending on the mix they use.. pretty none toxic but would probably give you diahorrea if you drank it and yeah would make buds taste nasty i suspect..
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 02:48 PM #33
Imaperson

Imaperson is on a distinguished road
Imo it's not that it get a bad taste,,, it's just kinda bland,,,,,,a few dispensarys we went to used em for all they buds,,,,,and they all smelled the same
I call it the boveda smell
Imaperson is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 04:49 PM #34
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
Ive not yet noticed any flavour or smell imparted by the bovedas personally.
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:01 PM #35
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaperson View Post
Imo it's not that it get a bad taste,,, it's just kinda bland,,,,,,a few dispensarys we went to used em for all they buds,,,,,and they all smelled the same
I call it the boveda smell
Your mileage might have varied if, a blind test was conducted
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 06:08 PM #36
Hydro8

Hydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of light
I have been using Bovedas and have not noticed any taste or smell problem. To convince me that there is an "weird taste" someone needs to track down a chemical that is getting released from the packs as they hydrate the surrounding material.

A large percentage of Bovedas packs are being sold to cigar aficionados many who are very particular of the finer aspects of taste. I would think that people paying $20.-$100.+ each for cigars would start noticing a weird taste pretty qwick.
Hydro8 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:28 PM #37
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro8 View Post
I have been using Bovedas and have not noticed any taste or smell problem. To convince me that there is an "weird taste" someone needs to track down a chemical that is getting released from the packs as they hydrate the surrounding material.

A large percentage of Bovedas packs are being sold to cigar aficionados many who are very particular of the finer aspects of taste. I would think that people paying $20.-$100.+ each for cigars would start noticing a weird taste pretty qwick.
Yup!
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 06:45 PM #38
dufous

dufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nice
Sour or vinegary taste may be bacterial spoilage, just like food going bad. Too much moisture. I used to think it was the boveda packs, but it was really my own incompetence. I stopped using boveda packs when I finally figured out how to properly dry and cure my weed.
dufous is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:10 AM #39
frankelopez

frankelopez will become famous soon enoughfrankelopez will become famous soon enoughfrankelopez will become famous soon enough
Agree on that, I use them for rehydrating bud if it gets too dry for rosin,
However if i take good care in the drying process i can do without them ofc.

Seems logic that if terpenes are kept at optimal humidity and temp, they will evaporate less, which is what you experience when you pop a lid with boveda(s?) inside,
frankelopez is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:25 AM #40
Midnight Tokar

Midnight Tokar is a name known to allMidnight Tokar is a name known to allMidnight Tokar is a name known to allMidnight Tokar is a name known to allMidnight Tokar is a name known to allMidnight Tokar is a name known to allMidnight Tokar is a name known to allMidnight Tokar is a name known to allMidnight Tokar is a name known to allMidnight Tokar is a name known to allMidnight Tokar is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufous View Post
Sour or vinegary taste may be bacterial spoilage, just like food going bad. Too much moisture. I used to think it was the boveda packs, but it was really my own incompetence. I stopped using boveda packs when I finally figured out how to properly dry and cure my weed.
IMO, Boveda is not meant to do our job of properly drying and curing. Boveda is at it's best when used for long term storage of properly dried and cured bud. Same as the way cigar aficionados use it.
Midnight Tokar is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.