Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Women's Forum > Smoking weed while pregnant?

Thread Title Search
Smoking weed while pregnant? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2018, 03:18 PM #551
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Emporertaima, everything green is not gold. Alcohol has benefits in moderation. Cannabis has many beneficial properties but to assume in the absence of real data potentially life altering effects will only be positive is foolish to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
About this bullshit and bluster. So, to be clear, you have zero personal experience in the matter. You have no studies you can point to which show long-term mental affects from cannabis use during gestation. You have nothing peer reviewed to share to support your position?

What are you basing your opinion on?

I find this to be relevant to the discussion, due to it being part of the reason there's public separation on the subject.
I have made no claims, what could I possibly be trying to find research to support?

My opinion is that there is little hard information to support any stance. Read that twice if you need, you appear to have skipped over it.

I'm basing my opinion on caution. Do I need to gamble the future of a child to have an opinion on the mother or father consuming drugs during conception or gestation?

This is going to turn out like your support of the scientifically unsupported quakery that is blood type dieting.

Like the author of that half cocked theory, do you have a book to sell me?
Mikell is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:32 PM #552
Chemdawggy Dawg

Chemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the roughChemdawggy Dawg is a jewel in the rough
What I know is that they do a blood test when the baby is born. If you have a positive test the cps agency will be showing up at your home to interview you. It's just not worth the hassle.
Chemdawggy Dawg is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 06:16 PM #553
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemdawggy Dawg View Post
What I know is that they do a blood test when the baby is born. If you have a positive test the cps agency will be showing up at your home to interview you. It's just not worth the hassle.
Not sure if it's typical, but my wife had her nausea ease up the last almost 2 months. It was easy to not use any for the last 40 days. Yes, they definitely tested both my wife and child without saying anything about it. We found out a few months later they both tested clean. (of course)

Old 12-18-2018, 06:20 PM #554
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Not sure if it's typical, but my wife had her nausea ease up the last almost 2 months. It was easy to not use any for the last 40 days. Yes, they definitely tested both my wife and child without saying anything about it. We found out a few months later they both tested clean. (of course)
Interesting. My wife was really concerned about them testing her blood at birth, and that was her reasoning for not wanting to use cannabis, and her OB was seriously like, "It's okay, I am telling you it's okay, I'm your doctor." It was nuts. It was a moment where I realized, damn, this is not the medical establishment that it once was only 10 years ago!

But I think it should be said here, again, that you should trust your doctor(s) and probably just take their advice here and there.
hush is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 07:16 PM #555
Emperortaima
Namekian resident/farmer

Emperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
Emporertaima, everything green is not gold. Alcohol has benefits in moderation. Cannabis has many beneficial properties but to assume in the absence of real data potentially life altering effects will only be positive is foolish to say the least.

I have made no claims, what could I possibly be trying to find research to support?

My opinion is that there is little hard information to support any stance. Read that twice if you need, you appear to have skipped over it.

I'm basing my opinion on caution. Do I need to gamble the future of a child to have an opinion on the mother or father consuming drugs during conception or gestation?

This is going to turn out like your support of the scientifically unsupported quakery that is blood type dieting.

Like the author of that half cocked theory, do you have a book to sell me?

Well can you provide any viable evidence stating it's "detrimental" if not then there's no reason to give mother cannabis such doubt I don't doubt her potential... There is a reason cannabis is euphoric just look up what euphoric means...

The word euphoria indeed has Greek roots...
EUPHOROS which translates to HEALTHY

No offense I've always trusted the wisdom of the ancients not most modern men unless they themselves can teach me a thing like I comprehend what you mean but come on tell me one thing that's dangerous about cannabis?

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 10:26 PM #556
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Overconsumption?

Heavy smokers are similar to functioning alcoholics.

Again, I'm saying cannabis and pregnancy is an unknown. Not much solid information either way.

I understand your passion but it isn't exactly a twenty plus year study to gauge the effects of various levels of cannabinoids on multiple benchmarks for human development.
Mikell is online now Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 11:10 PM #557
Emperortaima
Namekian resident/farmer

Emperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
Overconsumption?

Heavy smokers are similar to functioning alcoholics.

Again, I'm saying cannabis and pregnancy is an unknown. Not much solid information either way.

I understand your passion but it isn't exactly a twenty plus year study to gauge the effects of various levels of cannabinoids on multiple benchmarks for human development.

It's centuries if not millennias of humans consuming cannabis that have imo have enough proof as to what happens to humans under the influence of cannabis as it was a custom in just about every culture if not every.I think that cannabis cultivated with garbage feeds with harmful (pgr) plant growth regulator's, pesticides that are commercial and others like with neem and other natural sources that can have negative effects on the final product but 100% organic that hasn't been treated with anything that has toxic effects to humans is probably the best as over consumption will just cause the mom to fall asleep as it's a overdose symptom or even eat then fall asleep so the baby gets it's nourishment (if mom's diet isn't comprised of garbage) and get their quality sleep which sleep is good for the brain especially when cannabinoids are involved "neurogenesis" is a quality imo

(ALL HAIL THE GREAT GODDESS CANNABIS)

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is offline Quote