What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overgrowing the Planet -the use of Seed Bombs

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Hey T-rider so then how do the seeds end up growing.

tbh I've never noticed growth where I threw them...mainly along landscaping at a county road annex. I also saw them spraying herbacides (sp) after so I didn't return.
still have seed and balloons and visions of indigenous populations springing up all over this area.:biggrin:

B

BredForMeds

we used to do that in highschool like 15 years ago haha. but not with store plants.. we would take a walk smoking.. and just toss a few seeds in each pot we saw.. wether it was on some1s front steps or next to there mail box..

I realize now that its immature and stupid.. but.. 15 years ago.. that's wat I was immature and stupid.. haha.

Shovelhandle

Immature..stupid? I spread seed in the spring sometimes. I've seed very few grow but I don't often get back to the places I sow. Yut, planters around stores, rain ditches, near parks and walking trails. I'm in my 60s, I grow outdoors but it's not like California here with great numbers of large crops. Yesterday I fed a baggie of seed to the birds.

B

BredForMeds

im not saying hes stupid and immature. im saying. that's what I was wen I was younger. you know they say.. young dumb kids.. sometimes when your young u think its funny or cool.. and u grow up and say.. man that was immature and childish.. wat was I thinking..,. and if u cant say that u haven't had any moments like that in your life.. your lieing

RoadRash

I've thought about that myself.

One way to overgrow Dickhead Cops.

But the critters (slugs, snails, rabbits, squirrels) LOVE seedlings.

These seed bombs seem like they would offer some protection, so that 1 or 2 might get big enough to survive a little nibbling.

Mcgrh

I'm halfway through reading this whole thread, so forgive me if this has been asked already...

Has anyone thought of running with the same idea, but rather than using regular bag seeds, using seeds from high CBD strains hybridized with a robust land race strain?

This year is my first grow ever with a couple of high CBD strains from regular seeds. I plan to just let it pollinate and hope to have quite a lot of seeds by the time they're done. You see, my dog has cancer and the strains we've been extracting oil from have not only been keeping her alive, but are shrinking the tumors as well. What pisses me off the most is how the supply is so meager compared to the demand. I think everyone should grow as many high CBD plants as they want. My goal is to ultimately spread some of the seeds with these seed bombs and see what happens.

I'm also toying with the idea of maybe putting a tiny note written on something that won't degrade. On it I'll write the words "High CBD" in case one of these bombs actually sprouts and someone decides to investigate further.

Of course I have to do this without it being possible to trace it back to me.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Years ago my friend and I were walking and found a tiny plant, growing on a big city's bridge, in a crack where the road met the sidewalk. It had small buds on it and tasted like pine. It was pretty strong actually.
Someone was rollin a jibber and tossed some beans out the window Im sure. :dance013:

StoneyK

Veteran
Dropped like 15 seeds in this beauty at the happiest place on earth ;)
I have access to check it periodically so we will see if anything pops up, kept lookin at this bush thinking it was perfect camo tho might actually live a little before it gets noticed...lol
I got my eye on an aerial planter in that neck o the woods too.
Gonna accumulate a nice fat handful of seeds for that one....lol
picture.php

Globule

This is why I love this website! I can discover new, simple and important ideas like this that change my thinking and actions.

Like many, I don't have the seeds to do this now, but one day if I do this will be first cab off the rank to sink some time into.

Someone might have already asked this this but what about adding coverage crops seeds to the seed-bomb mix along with the cannabis seeds (to add extra nitrogen, etc. to the local soil when they decompose) for the plant to use the following season?

Are there any companion crop seeds that wouldn't compete with the cannabis seeds for territory?