What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G Pen Vaporizer Users?

hammalamma

Veteran
My neighbor brought over one of these stupid pens I told her to take that shit back to the store.
Get a Lava Tube and call it a day. I get clouds bigger than any other vape except the pesei, but if you pay for a persei you are a fool. I saw a persei at my lhs and asked to check it out, dude put it on the counter, and before I picked it up I asked the price. "$250, your out of your mind put it back I don't even want to touch it" I said.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
still lookn for some kinda agreement (is that crazy) on a type or brand or get these dont get these... erry1 w an opinion

touringfunkband

It's seems like opinions are all over the place with vape pens in general. A lot of information here is second hand or people would rather just say "they suck!" rather then going into detail as to why when called out on it. Seems like they all have there pluses and minuses and learning curves.

From the videos I've seen on youtube, it seems like you can get a pretty good rip off a GPen which works well with oil or wax placed directly on the heating element. One major benefit I can see with the GPen over something like the Omicron is the ability to load up a cartridge on the go. I can imagine someone dropping some oil or wax into the GPen cartridge while riding the bus, but it seems like you really need to pre-load the Omicron cartridge at home or buy a pre-loaded cartridge at a dispensary.

The way that I see it, is that the whole vape pen market is evolving and will continue to evolve for many years. There might be dozens of different vape pens released before one is finally reviewed as being the holy grail of vape pens. So you can sit it out and wait for better pens to be released or you can pickup a pen now that may have a learning curve and functionality issues but to some degree works until something better comes along. You have to be willing to and afford to dispose of the pen when something better comes along.

I did just put in an 80$ order for a GPen so I'll let people know how it works out. I have some Bogglegum wax ready to go to give the pen a try. We'll see how it goes.

cravedog

I love my G-pen it works amazing I put a dab of pure bho right on the ceramic element and I vape away dabs all day long. If I feel its not getting enough vapor I put a little more in and I'm back in dab city!:pimp3::pimp3:

touringfunkband

Got my G Pen through RX Industries the other day. Ordered on a Friday and had it by Wednesday morning. Right out of the box I was surprised by how small and discrete these pens are. I had no issues loading the tank. I used the supplied skillet tool and just dabbed some wax right on the heating coil. Loaded it up with some Bogglegum wax I made fresh and began vaping within seconds. By three or four puffs I was plenty medicated. The pen produces a good amount of vapor and gives you a decent throat hit as well. Using the pen leaves behind a little bit of odor but not much. I can totally see using this discretely in a movie theatre or a concert venue with no one the wiser.

Having never used or owned another vape pen like this I have nothing to compare the G pen to, but at the moment I don't see any real downside to it. It doesn't replace a nail or a skillet but for low-profile on the go medicating, it does the job well.

Nick D

I just got a Medastix with a Herbal E cartridge its the best one I have tried so far and last a long time, you have to kind of hit slow on it but works better than my omicron and keeps going and going and its the size of a cig very discrete. Lab test specs on the cart also.

7LeafClover

That medatix cart is concentrate diluted into another liquid like glycerine so it will absorb into the wick material. At least with the GPen you can put pure extract. The Persei is probably the best unit available as of now. The Gpen style cart is easier to load, but i was told that theres a new cart for the omicron and persei that will be even more user friendly.
I dont think the G is worth the money compared to other products especially when people posted where you can get them for a fraction of the cost!

touringfunkband

If you can find a gpen for a fraction of the cost, please post a link! Hopefully the carto's are the same as there are a lot of different versions out there..

jabronie

I had to bring some info about the G-Pen to your guys' attention: I bought one of these - been using for a few weeks. At first I used some wax and got pretty high. Then I started to notice it tasted like chemicals or melted plastic and gave me a headache. I contacted Grenco Science and they replied with a a PDF explaining it's completely safe and the funny taste was glycerin which should burn off; they even recommended oils. So I bought some oil from my local dispensary - the funny taste was gone and I was getting pretty high. But I still kept getting a lingering headache. After awhile I forgot to reload the tank, but I was still getting big ass hits??? WTF is that smoke I'm inhaling? So I do a little more research and find out this thing is actually a re-branded Chinese e-cig called the EGO-W which was meant for a specific nicotine oil, not the waxes or honey oils for medical users. Made me realize that Grenco Science doesn't actually do any manufacturing or R&D on this product. The PDF they sent saying how they use high quality safe materials is complete bullshit. And that smoke I was inhaling from an empty tank? That actually IS melting plastic/chemicals from the coil and fiberglass wick that was NOT meant to burn waxes or honey oil. MEDICAL USERS BEWARE - Grenco "Science" is in it for the profit, not your health or safety.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Have a gpen that's collecting dust now. Thing crapped out on me in about a month. Faulty charger, it didn't hit right, I felt like I was wasting more errl than I was consuming. Stepped it up to the thermovape revolution and its been amazing ever since.

bChiefing

hey guys, I'm not any manufacturer but I have done a bit of large scale sales with these pens. i first started working with them about 3years ago with one of the more simple versions with cotton filter cartridges, which were IMO the worst ones they started with. most of the issues when it comes to choosing which pen to buy is quality of product vs price bottom line. obviously most of us familiar with German engineering only hear about a 2% fail rate. the issue is that Chinese manufacturers produce millions of these things, i actually met a guy with a factory and everything and he told me and i quote "our fail rate is about 20%" to which i replied "and you're ok with that?" which he shrugged off with the quick comment "we sell millions" with a nice smirk on his face haha.

all in all peg or vg oil is typically used to keep any wick or dry element moist to work well with the oils and dabs we love melting in them. the g pen is somewhat convenient in both aspects because u can fill the cartridge with more oil like concentrates and then when u want to get that phat head rush you're free to make a little ball of wax and throw it in the while little cup in the gpens cartridge which is the heating element or atomizer. all in all its quite handy on the go or when u cant medicate like usual ;) hope this helps with any thoughts about some of the pens.

Spread the Love Share the Wealth
:smokeit:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've added enough ethanol to cannabis acetate to get it to flow, so that I could saturate the wick in an E-Series E-Cig. The cannabis acetate was low enough viscosity that it worked well after the alcohol evaporated off.

We are now experimenting with 3.8 volt e-pens, which we are able to vaporize oil in directly and just use heat to soften the oil enough to inject it into the cart. The battery pack was $30 and the 510 cart was $1.60 on line.

So far our best luck with non decarboxylated oil is to remove the wick from a 2 ohm 510 cart and inject the oil directly. It works and still stays put when the pen is laid on its side.

We are experimenting with a dual element 2.7 ohm cart leaving the wick intact, and injecting the lower viscosity decarboxylated oil.

As far as the evil phenolic chemical taste that begins to come out of the cart after extended use, it appears to me that it is because the lighter elements exit first with this type of vaporization system, leaving a concentration of the heavier elements.

With regard to the phenolic taste, I'm guessing it is because cannabinoids are phenols and after all the lighter tasty stuff is gone, the taste becomes more pronounced. For that reason, I've started just using a $1.60 cart once, so that the heavier elements don't concentrate.

eL artist

so i got gpen two weeks ago, and first tank failed like it seems everyones does. ordered couple more from grenco and been set since. ppl talk about how the g pen smokes w/o any oil in it and they say it is because there is something in the wick when shipped to make sure wick doesnt burn up if no oil is on it when first used. I noticed taste with tank i got with pen. so when i got replacemnt tanks i put oil in and seasoned it like you would a nail. put few dabs on back to back and just let them melt away then vaped it, no super chemy taste just good oil vape, doesnt taste like my ko domeless ti nail v2 but still has great taste, love my g pen. wicking system works because ceramic around heat element melts oil on side to liquid to be wicked up to heating element. you can get huge hits if you put a dab on it 3-5 big hits if u fill cermaic bowl, if you fill cartridge wicking doesnt give huge hits like dabs but if time is takin and correct technique used you can still get pretty good hits

dont leave in car on hot day unless vertical if it goes horiztal fuck, i also cut half the little filter in mouth peice down so it wont melt (this does melt if you hold button to long either remove it or cut it in half).

heating element is connected by two little soldered wires. load tank from above dont ever go below top of ceramic bowl. ever or you will be buying more g tanks

hey gray wolf, cant wait til i got my money right for my terpenator and i can stop doing iso wash, going go with teflon pressure pot, got shopping list ready just waiting for loot. thank you. were you involved with g pen your setup on skunkpharm looks like it, and the 5 clicks to lock tank same as g pen

g pen is great just have to use it right

Rek666

After a lot of online research I decided to get a couple of these gpens. The reason being is that all the pen vapes are basically very similar in concept and that you can get these g-pens really cheap on ebay.

I ended up getting the "gbox" with an extra cart and a nice travel case on ebay for 69.99. Pretty decent deal. That's the source IMHO to score these.

The biggest thing about these gpens is the learning curve. Once you get a feel for the thing it actually works out very well. Fat tasty clouds of vapor!

Here are some pointers:

1. Use a small pick or needle nose pliers instead of the included tool to remove the rubber cap thing inside the tank so you don't scratch anything or mess up the heating element. Throw that cap thing away you will never need it.

2. Prime it!!! -- When you load the tank for the first time use some oil meds to prime it. Do not try to just smear it all over the place in the tank or push the tool down with oil on the wicks you will end up screwing a wick up and possibly breaking the thing. Scoop a fat glob of oil on to the included tool... hold it high over the top of the tank and heat it up somehow to make it drip oil in to the tank (watch out the tank is flammable so keep heat away from it). Drip oil over both sides of the top/top side near the heating element of the wicks maybe 2 - 3 drops each. Drop a drop or two over the sides/insides of the ceramic "bowl" and make sure the oil gets on to the heating element. After you do this priming technique you can take another scoop of oil and heat it so it spreads easy and kind of fill in the top of the tank between the two wicks and the sides of the ceramic "bowl" -- touching the oil that you dropped on there to prime it. See "The G Pen Advanced Techniques" video on youtube for an example of how they load oil but make sure it is primed first. Remember you don't have to get oils to the bottom of the tank that would be a waste even the top side between the wicks and ceramic "bowl" is fine you can load a crap load of oil in there.

3. Inside the ceramic "bowl" is an air intake hole. You can see it at the underside of the tank as well when you detach the battery. Do not cover that hole with your medicine! When you load it test it before you actually use it. If it feels clogged lightly inhale on it until you unclog it and then proceed to use otherwise you end up with melted meds all over the bottom of the mouth piece which is a waste!

4. Wax/full melt dabs are great! Just don't completely pack the ceramic "bowl" and cover the air intake hole! If you clog it by accident go back up tip #3.

5. Get Lifted! :woohoo:

eL artist

Prime it!!!

do more then this. every one who has used a new g tank knows the chemy taste do to whatever the hell is on wick, so season your g tank put some oil in and hold button for 2 go arounds(BATTERY PACK FLASHES), do the same 2-3 more times then put in oil and put on top and wick should be loaded with oil already as long as you loaded from top into ceramic bowl 2-3 big dabs. and once you have it primed dont hold button for best wicking results press and release let shit heat ceramic and release so ceramic can vape your melt and wick into heat element, if tank is filled you will feel it clog air pass through till ceramic melts it then it goes, that is when you hit with a 1-2-3 on 1-2-3 off suck whole time if tank filled you good, shit is so undercover, but FILL YOUR TANK FOR BEST RESULTS FILL YOUR TANK. (DO NOT EVER EVER EVER PUT TANK HORIZANTAL WITH FULL MELT IN IT THAT COULD RUN, IF IN ROOM TEMP OR CAR TEMP OR POCKET TEMP BEWARE YOUR MELT DOES SMELL IF LEAKED OUT) why they give you rubber to keep it from leaking. And cut your filter no reason for big filter shit melts dont inhale it like i have cut it down or throw away

as long as you dont go into g tank you wont break g tank, use heat to load your full melt from above, melt into the ceramic bowl dont scrape into it, scaping is just asking for... ohhps new g tank time

Marn

I have a love/hate relationship with my gpen. I love that it's super stealth and comes with a tank to reload your own BHO. But I hate how poorly constructed it is. In the few months I've owned it I've had to buy a new tank and a new charger because they both broke. Luckily, a replacement usb charger cost me only 11.50 with shipping and got to me in 2 days. If my gTank shits itself again I'll just get the 710Cart which fits the gPen, costs more than half as much, and it has a mesh screen inside the tank allowing you to pack more concentrate.

This thing also looks intriguing. Anyone have any expirience with this attachment from atmos? I want an attachment where I can pack a huge wad of wax into and hit at my leisure and not refill dabs every few pulls.

http://ezvaporizers.com/parts-and-accessories/atmos-raw-oil-attachment/prod_746.html

All these pens are very new and most are first generation models. The technology is only going to improve down the line and these things will become sturdier and more efficient. Despite all that these things are still the best way to get blazed at fuck in public without anyone having the slightest clue.

mattj12pint2

Here is my review and anothers from a vape forum.

so i ran into the same problem with the g pen not lighting up and i learned what that sweet vapor u all are inhaling...

i was pissed cuz it was my only cartridge, and when it didnt work i read up to get tips....to see why....well after doing so, i just happened to take a real good look at it....the reason is, some what hidden behind the wick is the PLASTIC COVERED WIRE that is the element....well of course it wasnt connected no more, (so do not spin the center part or the wire will break) but that sweet vapor is the plastic melting if ur lucky enough to get this thing to work...maybe we are lucky ours didnt work so we aren't inhaling toxic plastic...

Latest posts

Latest posts