What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning with Root Nubs or How to Root Hard to Clone Plants

Nicoli

Veteran
lola just thought id let you know i am gonna pickup some cloning powder to go with my KY jelly.

:D

Big Tree

I'll Try

I'll Try

It's a great new approach and one I never contemplated but I'm going to try. I have an Afghani Kush thats awesome but a bitch to clone. I'll see what happens. Thanks.

bugler

In the wider horticultural world, lanolin is often used with hormones for similar treatment. Lanolin can be gotten in pharmacies, often used for nursing mom's boobs. Funny either sex lube or boob lube!

*Lola*

In the wider horticultural world, lanolin is often used with hormones for similar treatment. Lanolin can be gotten in pharmacies, often used for nursing mom's boobs. Funny either sex lube or boob lube!

Hahahaha, now ya'll can BUY cloning gel if u want...there just ain't no grow stores around here, so I made HO-made (get it? rofl)

Blueshark

If this works for me, it would shave off 2-3 weeks of waiting... Absolutely going to try this. Thanks, Lola, and I'll let you know.

Keif

*Lola*- Awesome thread, great ideas, I am happy you shared. Your avatar is badass btw, love old-school Tomb Raider games!

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I just took a whole bunch of Valley and Tahoe OG clones today, I'll try this out on the remaining vegetation on the mothers and compare the results in a few weeks :)

I hope it works, OG's are such a bitch with how long they take.

Dj Greenthumbs

Wow....I am diggin this idea.....hell I am going to use this on easy to clone plants too. The advantage of having them full health with roots before even cutting would kick ass. If you were to do this on many "soon to be" clones on one plant could there be any adverse effects on the mother?

*Lola*

Tomb Raider avvy? nah, that's just me hanging out at the water fall.

:)

Thanks for all the kind words, glad to have an good idea to share.

Remember, now, you CAN BUY cloning gel ;) rofl

*Lola*

Wow....I am diggin this idea.....hell I am going to use this on easy to clone plants too. The advantage of having them full health with roots before even cutting would kick ass. If you were to do this on many "soon to be" clones on one plant could there be any adverse effects on the mother?

no. only the parts painted with cloning gel will develop root bud sites. It will still take a few days for the cut off clone to develop roots, but it will be much much faster, giving you the opportunity to save clones from dying from starvation and they will be much stronger.

By painting the clone "on the vine" so to speak, you are just telling it to get ready to root. I love science. :)

If you don't cut the branches, they will just sit there looking bumpy.

Nothing else will happen.

Thanks for taking time to post. :)

5th

Veteran
I'm off shopping for cloning gel in a few hours actually. I doubt the local hardware stores carry the stuff...but I sure as hell know they have powder. Thanks for saving me the two hour drive to the grow shop Lola. And even if they do carry it I'm gonna try the KY gel first.

I have a strain that just does not clone very well. I use the EZ Cloner, and I get roots very quickly with my other strains, and this one strain always takes forever.

I wonder if using this trick, applying rooting gel on the stems to be cloned, will help these clones root faster in the EZ Cloner?

bushwakka

I will try this with my trainwreck when they are bigger and post my results. i have organic rooting gel, hopefully still work,mabe scrape the stem a bit where the gel will be applied?

*Lola*

Puff Adder: It will work great for you!

Bush: Yes scraping is fun , sometimes i cut the stem to be cloned in half with razor and fill in with gel. lots of fun :D

Latest posts

Latest posts