What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Baby's Breath seed project

Stoner133

two heads said:

If Stoner is out there - how's the Baby's Breath smoke?

Baby's Breath was slowly dried and cured to yield a little over 60g/2oz.

My initial impression was that BB is mild in potency by comparison with the other strain I was smoking. Once the Planck was done, the Baby's Breath came into its own nicely.

Smooth to smoke, a high that comes on gradually and lasts a long time. Not the kind of stone that overwelms you and makes you forget what you are shooting on the pool table.

My friends agreed, not as potent as my "good stuff" but equal to, or better then the current commercial supply.

I have developed my training style to keep a low profile in my garden. Two bends in the stalk and plenty of recovery time before flowering.

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
I remember those baby's breath threads, there's something about pink pistils which sticks in your brain :)

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
could there be better potent phenos in bb? how many did you have bro?

Stoner133

esbe said:
could there be better potent phenos in bb? how many did you have bro?

That is a good point.

My germination produced 4 seedlings of which 3 were male. The earliest flowering male as kept to pollinate the single female. The presence of seeds may have had an effect on potency too, but we have plenty of f2 generation seeds to experiment with.

Last edited:
K

Karma Genetics

Hi two heads

Good to see you again. Oh how i miss those OG times.......

But i am starting to feel home here now..

Those first pic's look amazing. What is the background on the Baby's Breath.

Some pink Pistols from a 2005 grow ErdxPurxVar

Last edited:

two heads

Veteran
I just stopped in and was surprised to see this thread active again. Nice to hear from everyone. Well, I've been smoking the BB all winter now and I agree with Stoner - it's not quite all there. Good but not as good as the original Baby's Breath.

Our seed from last year came from what we considered the two best plants from the previous year and, as it turned out, those plants were self-pollinated. Our plants were all female with the odd banana showing up - just enough to produce a bit of mature seed for next year. We will probably grow this out because the all-female is nice to have. We'll probably also grow a bit of the seed stock from 2005 to look for a better phenotype. Strangely enough, we have grown out dozens of female BB Seed Project seeds and never had the purple pistils return. We'll keep looking!

We are also going to grow out the seed I bought in Toronto a few months ago - Thai Rain from Doc Bush (an early sativa) and BellaDonna from Paradise Seeds. I'm particularly interested in the BellaDonna - we had a fair bit of mold last year and it is supposed to be quite mold resistant - and trippy.

My dad died of cancer a year ago. It was a positive but overwhelmingly emotional experience as he died at my house while I cared for him for the last few weeks. When we went through his stuff I found some seed he had saved from his favourite plants. I also saved a bit of his ashes to fertilize a new garden this year with that seed. Herb was a great ally for him for most of his life and he smoked till the end. This garden's for you Bob...

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
twoheads
Sorry to hear about your loss my wife lost a parent last year also. Hey no better way to memorialize him than with a garden.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
two heads said:
My dad died of cancer a year ago. It was a positive but overwhelmingly emotional experience as he died at my house while I cared for him for the last few weeks. When we went through his stuff I found some seed he had saved from his favourite plants. I also saved a bit of his ashes to fertilize a new garden this year with that seed. Herb was a great ally for him for most of his life and he smoked till the end. This garden's for you Bob...

wow bro!

just, via stoner bro, resieved some of your 2005 babys breath and is a lil confused weather to grow them or not. are these seeds from the femi plants?

two heads

Veteran
esbe, no those seeds are not the self-pollinated seeds we used in 2007 (produced in 2006). They should produce male and female plants. As Stoner and I have noted, the seed project still hasn't yielded anything as nice as the original clone but I still think they would be worth including in your garden.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
supa bro! i will try find a nice keeper in the 2005 seeds i have from stoner bro. any words on the original cut?

two heads

Veteran
esbe: Sorry for the delay, I wanted to track down the strain the male came from. I finally found it in an old Cannabis Culture mag from 1998.

Baby's Breath was produced by taking a clone from seeds grown out of a cross between a Marc Emery Outdoor Mix female and a Breeder Steve Blue Domino male. That Outdoor Mix mother was rocket fuel - made my teeth chatter. Blue Domino was a trippy dark green indica. The clone that made Baby's Breath was the only one of 30 seeds grown out that had the pink pistils of the mother - that may be why it has proven hard to find in the subsequent crosses. Only the unfortunate hemp cross consistently showed pink.

The Baby's Breath Seed Project seed is the result of crossing the clone with Blueberry and Real McCoy pollen indoors a few years ago.

festy2.0

Hey two heads, it's festivus from hol. How are you? Just now getting around to growing out your baby's breath, looking forward to those beautiful magenta pistils! Growing them in a tent with LEDs. I seen one pic of a dried bud, and it looks like the magenta carries thru to the finished product. Thank you kindly my friend. Aloha!

two heads

Veteran
Festivus, great to hear from you! As you can see by my slow reply, I don't tune in here very often. But I've had an interesting first year of legalization back here in Canada and I'll post something about that soon. Meanwhile, I'm stoked to hear you're running some Baby's Breath. I'm planning to run some next year outdoors for the first time in years. Aloha!

hoss1111

I’ll be popping some of the baby’s breath you sent me years ago, thanks again. Will share photos come fall :)

Festivus, great to hear from you! As you can see by my slow reply, I don't tune in here very often. But I've had an interesting first year of legalization back here in Canada and I'll post something about that soon. Meanwhile, I'm stoked to hear you're running some Baby's Breath. I'm planning to run some next year outdoors for the first time in years. Aloha!

two heads

Veteran
The beginning of March seems like a lifetime ago.

With everything that has changed since then, literally around the globe, seeing these lovely pink pistils gives me the warm and fuzzies. So nostalgic. So much like the original Baby's Breath. So far anyway. Definitely earlier than anything else in my gardens and, man such a beautiful plant!

I have 3 phenos growing, all with the same magenta pistils AND I have rooted clones from each. I'll pick a favourite (or two or all three!) to grow next year. I also allowed a large male to pollinate so all my Baby's Breath females will have some refreshed seed. The seeds that these plants germinated from were from 2013 so it's nice to stir the gene pool.

Anyway, bud shots! All from between August 27 and September 1.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts