What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strawberry Delite

G

I currently have two females. One is a White Rhino and the other I'm not sure about. It has pissils the color of strawberries. :chin: Very redish to pink. Looks to be Indica.The pics I have of it are not that good cause my diggy sucks. :bat:

Peace,

Thisbuds4u

G

Look BIG!!

They look alittle stressed,water the hell out of them!

G

I give them bloom booster every other day if they need watering.

:joint:

G

Bloom booster every other day? I may be wrong here but that raises a red flag with me. I recently was a little too ambitious with some bloom booster. I didn't overdo the PPM but overdid the frequency of applications. Plant was very nice looking until I did that.

"Too much Phosphorus levels affect plant growth by suppressing the uptake of: Iron, potassium and Zinc, potentially causing deficiency symptoms of these nutrients to occur def in plants. A Zinc deficiency is most common under excessive phosphorus conditions,
As well as causing other nutrients to have absorption troubles like zinc and copper. Phosphorus fluctuates when concentrated and combined with calcium
"

Last edited:
G

Personal Grower said:
Bloom booster every other day? I may be wrong here but that raises a red flag with me. I recently was a little too ambitious with some bloom booster. I didn't overdo the PPM but overdid the frequency of applications. Plant was very nice looking until I did that.

"Too much Phosphorus levels affect plant growth by suppressing the uptake of: Iron, potassium and Zinc, potentially causing deficiency symptoms of these nutrients to occur def in plants. A Zinc deficiency is most common under excessive phosphorus conditions,
As well as causing other nutrients to have absorption troubles like zinc and copper. Phosphorus fluctuates when concentrated and combined with calcium
"
Well, after you said that I'm cutting back on the bloom booster. May I still use Miricle grow plant food once a week? :wave:

Peace.

junit

I think that may be the problem?... Guys?... Ive heard the Mircale grow feed and most soils are too hot. Hot either being too much nutes or makes the PH go far in one direction... (No one has really been able to define "Hot" for me) .. I do use mircale grow products but only the Rooting Hormone and 100% Organic Mircale Grow Soil (Its fairly New) both seem to work without any real negative effects. Just my Two cents... but what do i know..

Over ferting will make the soil warm to the touch because of the chemical reaction between the new ferts and water, the soil acts like insulation holding the heat in the ground/bucket this heat can cause damage to the roots. Mixing your fert in water and letting it sit for a couple of hours will allow time for the ferts to dilute enough so that it will be cooler to the roots at the time of application.

Fourfingoz

Last edited:
G

Four Fingers said:
Over ferting will make the soil warm to the touch because of the chemical reaction between the new ferts and water, the soil acts like insulation holding the heat in the ground/bucket this heat can cause damage to the roots. Mixing your fert in water and letting it sit for a couple of hours will allow time for the ferts to dilute enough so that it will be cooler to the roots at the time of application.

Fourfingoz
hey bro i don't mean to be a ass or nothing of the sort ,, but this is the most funny thing i ever heard ,, !!!!
it does not do that ,, well im sure chemical heat is there , but not like that ,,
tooo hot means the ferts in the soil has a ratio that is too much for the plants.
what causes the plant to ("FRY") SO TO SAY ,, is the salt levels in a hot mixture , will actualy suck the water outa the plant to try to make adjustment to the soil that is high is salts ,, it is like the plant says ( hey my feet are burning ,, i got water in my body to send to my feet ,, to try to put some of this fire out ,, the bruning won't stop ..
so when the plant sends the water in it's own body to put the fire out , there are 2 things that happens ,, the directly kill the plant ,, the leaves still have salts in them ,, but , the water in the plant , or the plant has equalized the mixture ,and is releasing the toxic mixture through the leaves.. ok ,, now we are losing water in the plant ,, because the plants wants to send it to the roots,to equlize the high salt levels in the soil .. thus drying out the plant . now we have 2 things drying out the leaves and this is the meaning of frying the plant ,, the toxins get trapped in by the drying of the leaves,, and the salts actually suck the water outa the roots, the only thing to solve this problem is to flush with 3 times the amount of water as soil,, and on the last watering add a lil hydrogen peroxied for oxygen .

Last edited:
G

Thanks for the info Bro. :wave: I'll shall try it when the soil gets nice and dry.
Peace, Thisbuds4u

omega7

If it is still possible to lift them you should put them on a couple 2x4's or a milk crate and take a hose (if you have a spicket closeby) and just flush those girls out. Soak the soil until a little water runs from the bottom. Let that sit for 10 minutes and then do it again. That will help dissolve the crystalized ferts (salts). Then after doing that a couple times and letting it sit for approx. 10 minutes both times you can start the flush. You want to flush about 3 gallons of water for every gallon the container holds. Do that for about 30 minutes or more. Until the water that drains out isnt brown or yellowish. You can collect some in a glass or white bowl to check.

Bigmone357

SunSimluator said:
hey bro i don't mean to be a ass or nothing of the sort ,, but this is the most funny thing i ever heard ,, !!!!
it does not do that
tooo hot means the ferts in the soil has a ratio that is too much for the plants.
what causes the plant to ("FRY") SO TO SAY ,, is the salt levels in a hot mixture
I don't mean to be an ass either but damn that's funny 4fingers HOT DIRT :biglaugh: :nono: .Peace Bm357 :joint:

G

OMG!

OMG!

SunSimluator said:
it does not do that ,, well im sure chemical heat is there , but not like that ,,
what causes the plant to ("FRY") SO TO SAY ,, is the salt levels in a hot mixture , will actualy suck the water outa the plant to try to make adjustment to the soil that is high is salts ,, it is like the plant says ( hey my feet are burning ,, i got water in my body to send to my feet ,, to try to put some of this fire out ,, the bruning won't stop ..
so when the plant sends the water in it's own body to put the fire out , there are 2 things that happens ,, the directly kill the plant ,, the leaves still have salts in them ,, but , the water in the plant , or the plant has equalized the mixture ,and is releasing the toxic mixture through the leaves.. ok ,, now we are losing water in the plant ,, because the plants wants to send it to the roots,to equlize the high salt levels in the soil .. thus drying out the plant . now we have 2 things drying out the leaves and this is the meaning of frying the plant ,, the toxins get trapped in by the drying of the leaves,, and the salts actually suck the water outa the roots, the only thing to solve this problem is to flush with 3 times the amount of water as soil,, and on the last watering add a lil hydrogen peroxied for oxygen .
I have done exactly what you sugested Flushed very well three times the amount to ratio of soil. Then waited 10 minutes. I then put hydrogen peroxide in water and soaked it very well. I also added 1/2 strenth of fert. I checked the plant this morning. The leaves are standing up crisp and it has shot up 1.5 inches. :woohoo: Plant is looking very heathy now. Even the brown tipped leaves are uncurling and trying to stand up crisp. Thank you all for your help and comments. :wave:

:ying:

Thisbuds4u

Last edited:
G

How much H202 did you use? Might have to reintroduce beneficial bateria back into the medium.

G

1/2 a bottle to 5 gallons and 1/2 table spoon Miricle growl then flushed slowly. Room temp varries from 90 deg F to 65 deg F also has good ventelation. :joint:

G

have moved it back outside. Weather going to be nice this week. I figure the end of this month and the strawberry field will be chopped. :yummy:

Peace

G

Here are some bud shots of the Bebula. Some trichs are amber but not enuff yet. Keeping close eye on her.