What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bud shots...

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
i know i am no photographer and never will be but, i do wanna share some pics... if anyone has some better ideas on how to make the pics better then please tell me... my camera is in japanese language....

Growdoc

G

hiya

hiya

Growdoc
hello
i"ll try and help any way i can :D
first what kind of camera is it that you have ?

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
FujiFilm FinePix 1700Z, 1.5 mega pixels... zoom: f=6.6-19.8mm

I am wondering things like what kind of light is best to use?

should i use the flash or not?

should i use a stand?

Growdoc

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd use the flash, but if it's too strong, put some cloudy plastic in front of it to lessent the amount of flash hitting the bud.

The trick is to take TONS of pics of the same thing with different settings/distances, take notes as to what you did for each one, then look at the results and repeat what worked best.

G

Well GD, you need a new camera :D I always ust the flash as my camera will adjust the exposure automatily. You need to find and use the micro function. Last learn the minumum focal distance your camera can use, and keep tha distance from your subject. Use the digital zoom setting on your camera to zoom in from your mimuim distance. Most if my pics are taken under hosehold floro's.

Last edited:

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
Has anybody mentioned it earlier Growdoc?

Apart from all the good advice...one other thing:

get yourself a tripod fast, you'll be amazed at what you can achieve without the need to change cameras to new fancy ones. You can fine-tune your settings and pic composition, adjust the lightning take your time, look at your subject.:)

It's photorgrapher's best friend, believe me.

rgds, kov

BTW: your camera is not neccesarily in Japanese, they all have a language choose somewhere. Just get yourself an English manual on the internet, it's easy!

Last edited:

dubmantx

Nice grinder Growdoc. All they have arround here is crappy wood ones and the metal sweetleafs. Is this bubbledust?

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Crazy Composer, thanks mate good advice...

SmokeyPufmaster, yes i would love a new camera... would you like to buy it for me?... i think there is a micro function on it somewhere but i cant seem to find it...

kov, thanks... i am going to get one as soon as i can.

dubmantx, thanks... the grinder come from the Global Hemp Museum, owned by Nol. The weed is AngelDust...

Now i have gone and tried some shots, what i am doing is trying to bring out the Crytals...i want my girls to shine, because the really do...my biggest problem is that i have so many lights on.

Growdoc

G

These are the lights i use they let me shoot without flash they are
60watt soft light bubls and they only were 8$ each they clip onto any thing and dont burn the plant .
Once you have your lightting right then just take a bunch of pics with different settings to see what all they will do ( or thats what I have done

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Thanks...

Thanks...

Thank you southernsmoker and sunnyside.... good tips form good people!!!

Here i go...

Which pic looks better???

Growdoc

Last edited:
G

High grow doc
Just checking in
your playing features on the camera (sweet) you will be posting killer picks in no time!!!! Play with all them and see what they do :wave: Sure am glad they made digi cameras cause i would hate to have to develop all the pics i take ,not to mention the $$$$$$$$$$$$ :yoinks:

BY the way the second one looks better to me :D

Last edited:

Wrecked

I agree i think the second pic is better. Are those buds angel dust as well? Looking killer as always. PeAcE

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Thanks southernsmoker, how do you get the black background?

Wrecked, thank you for the nice comment... the plants are BubbleDust

Growdoc

G

Growdoc -

I have found that I get a nice color balance on the plants by using a mix of warm and cool fluoros. Most cameras are color-balanced for daylight. The light from warm flouros is kind of gold-orange and light from cool fluoros is blue-green; combined they make pretty good light balance for photography.

Try moving the lights around for different shadow/highlight effects. Another cool look is to put warm fluoros on one side & cool on the other side.

Playing around & recording the settings for the really good photos is a great learning tool (not to mention fun). Record the lighting as well as the camera settings.

And have fun!

DrLongbottom

Veteran
take tons of pics and try backlighting with your flash on. I find the more light from different angles the better. also i can put my cam on a floro light setting and it works real good. I probably took 50 pics to get these

G

Growdoc said:
Thanks southernsmoker, how do you get the black background?
I use a blue sheet as a back drop and no back lighting for mine and the lighting is low so it makes it black.
See the blue

Latest posts

Latest posts