What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jake's All In One Plant Spray... Anyone tried? Similar to SM-90?

49th

I wasn't sure where to post this but figured this is probably the section with the most traffic. Now bear with me this might be a little wordy I've been blasting too much Citrus Skunk tonight...

Is anyone familiar with this Jake's All-In-One Plant Spray product? Someone gave me a sample after I asked for Greencure or Serenade (for PM) and they said they'd never heard of either product then came out with this stuff from the back... It's got me feeling a bit sketchy to try since their website shows that it's not even sold in Canada, apparently due to being in the process of natural pesticide/fungicide registration. Their Facebook page has comments with the owner saying it's safe to use on cannabis but takes 2 weeks to dissipate so don't use too late in flowering. I was wondering how to use it for PM or pests specifically, so with no instructions I called the hotline 800 number and got a machine recording after pressing a number for technical support. Moments later my cell phone gets a call from a Vancouver Island number and the guy tells me the same stuff on the phone that he had posted on Facebook and says he will text me the full instructions, which I posted below that includes a kind of funny and dubious looking before and after picture...

Now I never used SM-90 before it was banned/discontinued and don't really know much about it. Was the product halted just due to faulty labelling? Because it's listed as a dangerous pesticide in Canada I believe, though maybe that's just due to red tape from mislabeling. I've posted a picture of the Jake's label below and I realize that it doesn't have the coriander oil or triethanolamine to make it a wetting agent also, but wouldn't the ethyl alcohol act as a wetting agent if I'm not mistaken? It's mostly made up of canola oil and sulfur, which was the majority of SM-90 no? It's not advertised as a wetting agent obviously but the "all in one" makes me think it's shooting to possibly fill the void? Though I don't believe it is intended to be used in a hydro setting as it's pushed as a foliar product. Maybe I'm just too high, reading into it and totally wrong about the comparison but it doesn't negate the fact that I'm still curious about this product. People said SM-90 smelt very citrusy also but this stuff is citrusy in an abnormal way to me. It reminds me of the smell of lime apple juice which I never really liked as a kid. Also it looks like liquid shit and that's a good note to end on.

jakes.jpg

Resized-Message-1558474138057.jpg