What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's a strangulated hernia!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Got back from the hospital after a few days, never been in worse pain in my life. Couldn't stop throwing up. It was so bad! They put a tube down my nose and into my stomach...I yanked that sucker out after surgery at like 4 in the morning. What an ordeal. Laying in the hospital alone all night with no tobacco or weed was really difficult. Missed you guys!

St. Phatty

hope you get an understanding Nurse that leaves some bud under your pillow.

the Hernia Fairy ?

I have a friend who lives with 4 hernia sites. He smokes pot like some people smoke pipe tobacco. Drives around town with a pipe in his hand smoking.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I have a friend who lives with 4 hernia sites. He smokes pot like some people smoke pipe tobacco. Drives around town with a pipe in his hand smoking.
That guy deserves a medal, man! 4 hernias? Oh my God dude. If you see him tell him life on the other side is pretty good, no pain or nausea.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- nothing like a shot of severe pain - to make you feel alive - in all the wrong ways -

- maybe the only solace is that next time you get this sort of pain - it won't be quite as bad - having nudged your pain threshold up a bit -

- sounds awful anyway - glad you are beyond it for now -

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Strangulated hernia? Mine was like a plastic water bottle that was squeezed in the middle like a tight belt, since my stomach was halfway up above the diaphram, and halfway under it. Got it from coughing all the time. Got the cough from a fungal infection in my sinuses. Country living, LOL. I hate coughing now. :D

Glad you got it fixed.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Got back from the hospital after a few days, never been in worse pain in my life. Couldn't stop throwing up. It was so bad! They put a tube down my nose and into my stomach...I yanked that sucker out after surgery at like 4 in the morning. What an ordeal. Laying in the hospital alone all night with no tobacco or weed was really difficult. Missed you guys!

freakin a' bro!
that sounds like some painful stuff, hope you are doing better man and they fixed you up so you dont have to go through this again
/maybe it was the brady bug, he seemed to be all choked up too

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Thanks for all the support and well-wishes everybody! I'm doing okay, just in a little pain from the operation. Been smoking weed this morning, I'm feeling alright. Hoping for something good to eat! :)

St. Phatty

Thanks for all the support and well-wishes everybody! I'm doing okay, just in a little pain from the operation. Been smoking weed this morning, I'm feeling alright. Hoping for something good to eat! :)

You're allowed to Boogie-Board on small waves, but this is not a good time to Charge Pipeline :skiiing:

Maybe your Body is a Microcosm of the World.

So we'll hope the US does not go further to pot.

Entropy is FASCINATING

unless you have a chance to observe it occurring in your own body.

When you study thermodynamics in college, one of the things they tell you is that, because it is partially statistical and sort of ends up being quantum in nature, it is possible for an ice cube to form in a pond on a hot summer day. :skiiing:

This is related to Entropy, Enthalpy, all that stuff they torture people with.

When I had a surgical recovery period that involved taking painkillers, I ordered a second version of Netflix to help fill the time.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Oh it's gonna be a scar...not really upset though. Staples go from my belly button to half way up my abdomen. Was an abdominal hernia I guess. Feeling good though everybody! Had a burger last night!

Green Squall

Did this come out of nowhere, or were you feeling symptoms before it happened? Gotta wonder what happened back in the day before hospitals.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Oh man someone brought that up the other day ..."before there were hospitals"...I would've just died laying on the ground I guess man. Some of that stuff blows me away, what they do at hospitals.
They gave me a prescription for oxycodone but I'm not going to fill it. Getting my Staples out on October 1st.
I had the hernia for 10 years but it suddenly got bowel in it and I started puking green Gatorade and was in bad pain in my abdomen like really bad gas, and I was sweaty and cold. It was bad. The morphine they gave me didn't do anything.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I screwed up my career in a day going to work in an office I was relatively new at, on oxy. Had no idea what it was, just that they gave me a script. A shoulder op for a very painful spur, done arthoscopically. I didn't hurt, except for the next 15 years.

Don't fill that oxy script. Get well, not stoopit. IMO.