What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another shortage hits close to home

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Last edited:

rolandomota

Get creative save your glass food jars like coffee and jelly I can save those buy stuff on purpose that comes in big jars

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Funny but I have a friend in Hendersonville who's recently gotten into canning over fears of the coming depression and possible food shortages.

........ and I've been thinking about it myself but noticed Walmart is out of jars!

Winter is coming and crystal ball sez it's NOT gonna be pretty.

I saw an intriguing advertisement recently for an outdoor wood/charcoal fired pizza oven that's caught my eye, just the right size for lots of other stuff and there's plenty of free wood here, just step outside! :D

........... also, don't bother looking for a bread making machine, they've been out of stock for many months. :tiphat:

Tynehead Tom

I'm in the BC interior (canada) and we have called every department and hardware store that carries canning supplies in both BC and alberta. Not just us looking either, there is a group of us using all our resources to find canning lids this year.

club brother in ontario has found em for us so he's gonna buy and ship em out to us.
saw lids on amazon and the prices seemed a little steep.

St. Phatty

watch out for the glass jars. some of them chip in shipment.

you may find out when you try to screw the lid on.

makes a nice bloody photo-worthy cut.

if you do bleed, please share it with your plants, or your pet dog, cat, or bird.

Latest posts

Latest posts