What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Runtz

soopy

Veteran
They planted 1000 zkittles x gelato seeds and picked from there. Why do you seem to think that they sifted through multiple lines? I’ve never once heard that story in any circle o am a part of.

I can believe that....do you know which Gelato pheno they used? Was that the pollen donor?

indagroove

Veteran
i cant even understand . clarity on what i wrote or:wallbash:

i had runtz a couple of times back in december.its a nice cross of haze and kush. phenos vary greatly. certain blunts will give u a different flavor appreciation as u can decipher what pheno u have just by the taste. great find

My bad, I did have to go back and see what originally started the debate. Got it now.. You bought bud from the original pheno hunter run. That's cool. Due to recessive genes in a polyhybrid there's gonna be a lot of different phenos, and you could find some haze characteristics, but that doesn't mean that haze is one of the direct parents.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
I’ve bought runtz and pink runtz from the stores here in Seattle. Both have nice flavor the pink runtz tasted like tart pink lemonade. Regular runtz tasted good too sweet candy maybe some grape in there. The high on both was lacking and short lived not bad just not that deal. I like head banger chronic that makes your forehead sweat and you can feel your eyes getting red after the first hit. This isn’t that kind of herb. This could be the samples I tried rec weed is trash for the most part. I don’t think so though. I’d deff like to give the cut a run for fun at some point. Anyone try gobstopers? I’ve heard it’s hot up here in Washington. I haven’t tried it yet? Any way great taste looks decent but I’d rather smoke glue lol.

vanilla dutch

wasnt trying to start a debate/argument. and mucky up a good thread full of cool pics. but yea the phenos i smoked smelled like haze and tasted like kush when used with a tropical fusion swisher cigarello. cool find. nice to know information is shared and not coventanted . anyway have a nice day

Last edited:

vanilla dutch

haze/kush pic.not runtz just an example

Attachments

• 20201021_111357.jpg
    20201021_111357.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20201021_111306.jpg
    20201021_111306.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 54

DL1943

This is who created Runtz: https://www.instagram.com/yunglb_litt/

This is who created White Runtz: https://www.instagram.com/dollasup_nero/

They are buddies of Berner and the Cookies Crew, no seeds were released.

are you sure? from what i have seen and heard it seems those guys are more like brand owners or hype men - sort of analogous to the berner/girl scout cookies relationship.

ive never seen either claim to have bred the runtz and have heard yung lb reference "having growers to mix things together", or something to that effect before launching into a half baked rudimentary explanation of how pollinating works because "thats how the plants have sex"

no hate on this guy, hes obviously a talented dude and im appreciative of him for whatever part he played in bringing the runtz to the world and i hope he continues to kill it out there, but he does not strike me as a breeder or the breeder of runtz, as in - the guy who selected the parents, grew them, preformed the pollination harvested the seeds, popped them, and then hunted out the keepers...i wouldnt doubt he could have had some role in some of those steps, and maybe in some way they "created" the runtz as in - funded the breeding project it came from, created the brand, made the brand famous, and likely was involved in some levels of the selection processes, but im curious if there is another unnamed breeder working for him that is behind the runtz

indagroove

Veteran
haze/kush pic.not runtz just an example

Haze in Snowmonster? Snowmonster is The White x Starfigher.

are you sure? from what i have seen and heard it seems those guys are more like brand owners or hype men - sort of analogous to the berner/girl scout cookies relationship.

ive never seen either claim to have bred the runtz and have heard yung lb reference "having growers to mix things together", or something to that effect before launching into a half baked rudimentary explanation of how pollinating works because "thats how the plants have sex"

no hate on this guy, hes obviously a talented dude and im appreciative of him for whatever part he played in bringing the runtz to the world and i hope he continues to kill it out there, but he does not strike me as a breeder or the breeder of runtz, as in - the guy who selected the parents, grew them, preformed the pollination harvested the seeds, popped them, and then hunted out the keepers...i wouldnt doubt he could have had some role in some of those steps, and maybe in some way they "created" the runtz as in - funded the breeding project it came from, created the brand, made the brand famous, and likely was involved in some levels of the selection processes, but im curious if there is another unnamed breeder working for him that is behind the runtz

I don't really consider the Cookie Crew breeders at all, they are really glorified pollen chuckers and hype men. That said, they have come up with some pretty great pollen chucks, and selected the best phenos to hype to the world. You're right that YungLB may not have "bred" Runtz, but he definitely created the hype, and as far as I can tell he's the first to grow it publically.

vanilla dutch

thats the lineage of that strain. this may or not be the same thing. but its defiantly an example of haze/kush and its nuthing like the runtz i had.just sayin. everybody else commented on how clean it is. one person said raw.lol

indagroove

Veteran
thats the lineage of that strain. this may or not be the same thing. but its defiantly an example of haze/kush and its nuthing like the runtz i had.just sayin. everybody else commented on how clean it is. one person said raw.lol

But there's no haze in that strain. Maybe what you associate with "haze" is in fact not haze.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot - 2020-10-21T202127.813.png
    Screenshot - 2020-10-21T202127.813.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Latest posts