What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's Memorial Grow

HAZENACIOUS

Background

Background

I wanted to give you some background on this grow. There are 3 legs to this grow, and I think I am going to start from the beginning but I need to find all my pics etc. Around 10 years ago I reunited with Nevil, and I was reviving my old stock. I had stopped growing because of the nature of my work, which involved constant traveling, but eventually, I settled down in a medical state, got medical, and quickly realized just how bad dispensary bud was. This was when I realized I had to revive my old stock. I was successful luckily at reviving several of my most important Haze lines, I was talking to Nevil A lot during this time.

I lost touch with Nevil a few years ago. I spent several years outcrossing to the more recent stuff.
I decided to keep my outcross project KISS simple, because I was depending on elite cuts, I wanted to cut through the bullshit to the only thing people really care about nowadays in the dispensary world, High THC. So I named it the High THC project, and set about collecting as many cuts as I could that were 25%+ THC. I also had a High THC Purple subproject collecting Purple cuts at least 20%+ THC.
I finished up that project a couple years ago.
When Nevil passed, I wasn't working on any project, but it really threw me for a loop. I had always planned on meeting up with Nevil some day, and I realized that I had to preserve the work Nevil had left me with. There weren't going to be any second chances with Nevil gone. This was about 11 months ago, when I made the decision to take on this project.

HAZENACIOUS

Leg 1 Nevil's Memorial Grow

Leg 1 Nevil's Memorial Grow

picture.php

A seed is planted.
N.

HAZENACIOUS

(Pictured above: Nevil's Purple Gorilla Male)

The purpose of this first leg was to find superior Haze specimens to cross to my most important stock which is very limited.
I had been shutdown for almost a year when I started this grow, so I needed to create a catalog of tested female clones, before I cracked my rarest, and most important seedstock, so I had some sure things to cross too. That was the purpose of this of this first leg.

picture.php

HAZENACIOUS

I had only one clone, pictured before, it was the only sprout from a couple months previous. My original stock from my most important lines of C5 is around 10 years old. 10 years ago it was sprouted from 14-17 year old seedstock. Last time I sprouted these strains a couple years previous I had a 75% success rate, but last time out of thirty popped, this one turned out to be the only sprout, from my indica Dom Haze line. I didn't even do a grow. It disturbed me. So this time I planted a whole bunch more, and wound up with enough sprouts to make it happen.
This was a cut of the original seed, it turned out to be a female.

picture.php

HAZENACIOUS

So most of whats growing on this leg is Haze, the majority is my old stock pure, but also some Haze crosses from the High THC Project, and a few high THC indica dominant non-Hazes thrown in for variety.

picture.php

HAZENACIOUS

So leg 1 sprouts include the following:

1)2 original lines of my C5 hybrid sprouted from 10 year old seed.

This includes around 17 sprouts from my sativa dominant C5,

And 2 sprouts from my indica dominant C5.

2)high THC haze crosses

6 sprouts from a high THC Nevil's Haze Cut crossed with a 3/4 C5

A few sprouts from a OG Purple OG kush crossed to a ghost train haze#1 cut, male, crossed to a C5 hybrid Purple OG Kush cross female.*

Sprouts from a OG Purple OG kush malex ghost rain haze#1 cut(called PGT MALE) , crossed with C5 male crossed to GrandadPurpled

Sprouts from a PGT male crossed with a very special C5 sativa Cut called rootbeer.

To name a few
3). The High THC Cuts these were an OG Purple OG Kush male crossed to A GG#4 cut. This male was crossed with a bunch of stuff, including a diesel, a chem, and some others.

*Note: The high THC lines were made with males from an OG Kush line of seeds that I got from a friend in Arcata. He has been holding 30%+ original OG line since 98. He made a seedline from OG using an outdoor line he used to grow in Mendo. He had another cut from a different grower Arcata Purple OG Kush, he crossed his OG line into this and sent me a few seeds along with cuts. He wouldn't part with his OG cut, but he sent me a whole bunch of other cuts including Purple OG Kush cut which was a 27%+ cut, even better than OG if you ask me.

picture.php

HAZENACIOUS

Very interesting, you got any pure sativa's your gonna chuck at her ?

Yes! Those were saved for the 2nd leg of the grow. Some bagseed I saved from the best smoke I came across when living in Africa.(I should probably call it "stoneseed" because they don't use bags in Africa where I was, it comes in something called a "stone".)

HAZENACIOUS

Also, the ones I sprouted, that were Nevil's Haze x3/4 C5, even though technically not 100% sativa, express themselves more like pure sativa, the shortest budding from that stock I have seen is 15 weeks, many of them don't really finish indoors properly.

Dkeppel

Nice :)

For the longest time all we had around here we Good weed, Shit weed and Durban Poison.

When we heard the name Durban Poison it was like a bunch of puppy dogs being feed.

I didnt really get offered anything else until 2010 that's about when the indoor scene really exploded around here and all the sativa started drying up.

I'd trade all the rock hard resinous indica buds in the world for an oz of fluffy haze :yummy:

HAZENACIOUS

For the longest time all we had around here we Good weed, Shit weed and Durban Poison.

When we heard the name Durban Poison it was like a bunch of puppy dogs being feed.

I didnt really get offered anything else until 2010 that's about when the indoor scene really exploded around here and all the sativa started drying up.

I'd trade all the rock hard resinous indica buds in the world for an oz of fluffy haze :yummy:

Lol! I know that feeling. My hazes are so strong that you literally can't feel indica after you smoke haze even GG#4. It will help you crash though if you are wired on haze.

HAZENACIOUS

When I was a kid we used to get Durban Poison, best stuff we ever smoked at the time.

Believe it or not my original C5 cut was the densist bud I've ever seen, and that says a lot. She had a 108 day budding cycle. A lot of her descendants are dense like that as well, but there are plenty of fluffy ones
Too.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another 1 of Neville's old friends appears a year after he died and is carrying the torch ?.

I'm sceptical as everyone should be untill we see and hear more .

So you had Neville C5 cut ?
When did you first meet him or did you just speak online/skype ?

All the OG and new X's reminds me of the guy who was selling all the Neville strains and OG x's of Neville strains then disappeared.

So your first had the NL5 Haze from the seedbank days ?

Please let us know more info
Have you got any full cola pics instead of a few close up pics of buds

Also are you planning to release seeds for sale in the future ?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nevil Haze x 3/4 C5
Let's hear more about this ?

HAZENACIOUS

Another 1 of Neville's old friends appears a year after he died and is carrying the torch ?.

I'm sceptical as everyone should be untill we see and hear more .

So you had Neville C5 cut ?
When did you first meet him or did you just speak online/skype ?

All the OG and new X's reminds me of the guy who was selling all the Neville strains and OG x's of Neville strains then disappeared.

So your first had the NL5 Haze from the seedbank days ?

Please let us know more info
Have you got any full cola pics instead of a few close up pics of buds

Also are you planning to release seeds for sale in the future ?
No plans to sell seeds. " Carrying the torch." Anyone who has Neville's genetics is left carrying the torch now. You sound like a seedseller, if you are and you are holding Nevil's genetics, then what I say is truer for you.

I am an old customer of Neville's, we were reunited online through Shanti, before they fell out, and I have skyped many hours with him. Always thought I would get to meet him one day.

HAZENACIOUS

Are you the one behind Connoisseur Genetics? That's pretty cool if you are. Kudos.
Being a skeptic myself, I don't blame you, but why should you be surprised? Nevil had 100s of thousands of customers, and his seed stock was a game changer for most of us.

I have never posted on here before. I have never sold seeds, and I'm not a big fan of OG. I just finished my outcross project a couple years ago and beggers can't be choosers, most if not all of the high THC stuff I got in US was part of the Chem Diesal OG Trinity.