What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which autoflowers should I plant outside?

Hello my true grow friends.
Your opinions mean a lot to me.
Iam in South Ontario Canada.

Have my indoor area set up to Veg.
It just occurred to me that I should give autoflowers a try.. Why not? Maybe I can yeild inside my 10x9 room at the same time as I hunt for 'keeper' regular photo period seeds/plants with the entire room on 18hr/6hr over the next two months. I'm going to run out of last years outdoor soon and wouldn't mind yielding in the Veg room.

I'm vegging my BroGrimm apollo11s. BroGrimm apollo13s. JordanIslands Blue Chemo and BlueNL.

Going to start these seeds from Dinafem and Humboldt. Doing my research on autoflowers(wish I got this idea sooner lol:wallbash::clock watch:)
1.Haze XXL
2.White Cheese
3. Sour Diesel
4.Blue Amnesia XXL

Outdoors I've filled three 65gal grow bags with a mix of 'organic rated' promix. Pearlite. and a bagged brand of fortified soil called Dark Matter(over 1cu ft, divided by three [all bags are fairly equal in composition.]
Idea being I have a little nutrition in the bags..and save myself a trip or two to buy more soil for this year.

If certain plants ask to be fed I will, with Green Planet MediOne and my remainder AN Iguana Juices and Big Bud liquid, liquid karma, molasses, Botaincare CalMag. Hopeful I can minimize bottle nutes and not amend my own mix that might be unexpected too hot for these strains (I've n

I know I gota be careful nutrients wise with autos from the beginning(light feed, no topping). I've heard Apollos don't ask for much either.. Indoors I'm not worried about. I'm going to experiment with 7gal grow bags and some two gal bags I have for a pack of Sour diesel..

(1) do you guys think 1 autoplant per 65gal bag outdoors is going to result in wasted medium.. Should I plant more then one per bag? I've considered 4 per bag but still debating with myself.

(2) anyone run Apollo 11 or 13 outdoors? I got a touch of powdery mildew last year on my Romulan and a little more on my sensi star/widow.
I'm not sure how a relative of Cindy99 will do outside (I heard she's a diva and my Cindy 99 indoor had me wondering if I could put it outside.

Surprisingly resilient plant but I know mother nature can be ruthless.. Don't wana take unnecessary chances.

Attachments

• DSC_0892.jpg
    DSC_0892.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0901.jpg
    DSC_0901.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
A big auto/semi auto will supply as much (or almost) as much as a photoperiod. The benefit is that you can probably get 2 outdoor harvests. I grow semi/super autos outdoor every year.

One plant
picture.php

You can speed a semi auto to flower under 12/12. Some will even start flowering under 24/7 lighting at 4 weeks.

Potent autos are here with Afterthought Autos

afterthoughtautos01@gmail.com

OCdirty

Good topic, as i have some auto seeds on the way and am finally gonna give auto's a try. Honest question, how do they compare to straight cannabis in relation to smoke?

Good luck OC! Hope you are happy with your work!

Tx Tycho! By getting it big I understand use my lighting to the max while maintaining as close to ideal VPD as possible max them LST inside with bamboo in a biodegradable pot /yard waste bag and get them outside in 5 weeks? Ish..?

Hi OC I hear they may hit a li'l bit lighter or understandably different due to whatever rudrrialis parent was used. I'm looking forward to some lower end THC (13ish to mid 20s I'm hearing, CBD centric too.. Smoking in more casual manner while not feeling incompetent in a social, professional, structured environment..

I'm thinking about light leaks that can happen in an urban garden environment.. My neighbours have fences, night is dark generally, but sometimes people's evening get togethers can throw light up the sky potentially.
I think the info I've gathered autos can help me relax regarding that aspect.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Good topic, as i have some auto seeds on the way and am finally gonna give auto's a try. Honest question, how do they compare to straight cannabis in relation to smoke?

I don't think you can get 30% in an autoflower, but I might be wrong. Mine were described as "an award winner" when it came to affect by someone who doesn't pull punches (the wife. lol), but I don't think they were talking about getting ripped. Just a good high. I have a few people who order flower from me every year because they want to smoke during the day without getting messed up and still get a good sativa type rush. I never tested it but I suspect 15-20%.

I'm not much of a smoker and a total lightweight so weed is weed to me. I could probably get high smoking dandelion.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Good luck OC! Hope you are happy with your work!

Tx Tycho! By getting it big I understand use my lighting to the max while maintaining as close to ideal VPD as possible max them LST inside with bamboo in a biodegradable pot /yard waste bag and get them outside in 5 weeks? Ish..?

Yup. I grow in peat pots a lot. By week 5 you should have a good root system poking through the walls. Put them in a healthy hole and you're off to the races.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
If you are concerned about potency check out AfterThought Autos..they stack up to photos potency wise.

I havnt grown a ton of autos but enough to know potency isn't there in most I've tried.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Lol

I had some Montanita Fisherman's Arse weed in Ecuador that made me gag. The fresh stuff is much better. I made a seed run when I got back.

St. Phatty

White Widow crosses
Romulan crosses
C99 crosses
G13 crosses
Cookie & Kush crosses

IOW all my favorites, though i haven't tried Cookie.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

It all come down to genetics, first. Environment 2nd, due diligence 3rd.

Thanks Tycho and Lester!!

Latest posts

Latest posts