What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Do you want me to explain what inbreeding is because you few seam to clearly not understand its principle ?

I am not hear to answer for Mr Nice so why not ask them your self.

If you inbreed a 5HzC x SkHzA it would remain a 5HzC x SkHzA its not complicated.

Move on stop trashing the thread.

Stocktont

Veteran
Do you want me to explain what inbreeding is because you few seam to clearly not understand its principle ?

I am not hear to answer for Mr Nice so why not ask them your self.

If you inbreed a 5HzC x SkHzA it would remain a 5HzC x SkHzA its not complicated.

Move on stop trashing the thread.

This isn’t about ”inbreeding” this is about linages and people giving out multiple linages and guess what, not only Shanti said SSH had Haze A in its linage, you said it too, in this very thread but just a few pages back you told me Shanti never said that and that there’s no A in the SSH. So which is it mr ”my story never changes”. Now owe up to what you say, other people don’t forget it just because you forget it and re-hash it over and over in cycles….

SSH with NL5 x Haze A?.png

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
...... Nevil was a psychologically complex guy, and I've often wondered if he didn't deliberately give out misleading information to keep fellow breeders from being able to replicate his work, thereby retaining his title 'King of Cannabis' forever.

This is a well-known phenomenon when it comes to handing out recipes to friends, leave out some key ingredients while exaggerating others so no one can duplicate your special, signature dish. :shucks:

regseeds

...... Nevil was a psychologically complex guy, and I've often wondered if he didn't deliberately give out misleading information to keep fellow breeders from being able to replicate his work, thereby retaining his title 'King of Cannabis' forever.

Cosmic, that simply isn't true. Nev was pretty much far from perfect in most areas of his life. When it came to pedigrees/lineages you never had to doubt/question his word. What Sensi, Mr nice, and all the others did after acquiring his IP he can't be held accountable for. Nev is guilty of many things, misinformation on pedigrees is not one of them

The moniker "king of cannabis" was self adopted by one of his old partners in crime Mr Roskam

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Stocktont that was clearly a type SSH is and has always been 5HzC X SkHzC.

But feel free to tell me how you inbreed a 5HzC x SkHzC and end up with a 5HzC x SkHzA as i would love to turn my Afghan x HzC into Afghan x HzA lol.

Stocktont

Veteran
Stocktont that was clearly a type SSH is and has always been 5HzC X SkHzC.

But feel free to tell me how you inbreed a 5HzC x SkHzC and end up with a 5HzC x SkHzA as i would love to turn my Afghan x HzC into Afghan x HzA lol.

getting more and more desperate but your tricks ain’t so slick dude hahaha again you’re talking about the inbreeding, please elaborate and please tell me how that can also lead your friend to say both linages when he ”inbred” it.

maybe you’re just wrong again, like so many times in the past, like learning the linage of SSH in 2020 hahaha
SSH Linage.png

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Why would i be desperate Stocktont ?

How many of the Nevil / MrNice haze lines have you even grown ? My guess is Zero.

You guys are the ones Claiming MangoHaze went from 5HzC x SkHzC to a 5HzC x SkHzA not me and yet the new versions is inbreed going by shanti and your still going.

All i did was pass on what Nevil told me and what the Beta seed (Test Seed ) of the MangoHaze was.

It really should not bother any of you as not one of you can get the Mango Haze with the SkHzA male any way.

RingtailCanyon

It’s amazing how you can argue and contradict yourself. I let myself get sucked into your vortex. You seam to have it all figgerd out.

Stocktont

Veteran
there’s no argument regarding inbreeding, the argument is regarding the person who said he made the seeds also said that the father was NL5HzC x Sk1HzC like Nevil also said. Then he has also said the linage is what you say it is, NL5HzC x Sk1HzA. Now they can’t both be true can they? If there are not more than one version. There is an Inbred version called MH IBL that came out later but the original MH can’t be both those linages. I posted both quotes from Shanti so the topic I was talking about clearly was the information. You can twist and turn either which way you want but the only one talking about inbreeding is you but I get it, you don’t want to talk about those two different linages as you can’t reconcile it. Also it is interesting to note that you are also now saying that the linage Nevil gave for MH isn’t true. Why is that he gave everyone the wrong linage and then told you in secret the correct one as you claim?

HzC linage.png

HzA linage.png

here are the two quotes I posted, read them and then you can respond on that if you’d like.

Stocktont

Veteran
And again with how many plants have I grown…. when you run out of things to say you try to discredit the other but I am not claiming anything you are the one making claims about other people’s work I have made no claims to what MH or SSH or anything else is, only posted quotes from Nevil and Shanti, you have a problem with their words not mine. So how would me ”proving” that I have grown any plants going to be of any interest in this discussion, it’s not about me and it might chock you but it’s not about you either. Now tell my why Nevil said the MH was NL5HzC x Sk1HzC when that isn’t so according to you…

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
you all still belive in story of Haze A and C ?
''Nevile'' clerly said that he give his all genetic library to Sensi seeds pre green house lineages....one that is the best...and oldest
the reason why Sensi is not good today is that they don't know how to pair 2 plants .... ahhahahhahah nice story.
I dont get it....why people are all into mr nice genetics....they are good....if I want originals I will buy sensi's if i want further breeded lines I will chose some ''craft'' breeders.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
For the last time the Test seed were 5HzC x SkHzA not one of you grew them were i did and i still have the line.

Nevil told me the linageof the test seed not shanti.

Now if you have a problem with what shanti posted go take it up with him its not complicated.

RingtailCanyon post up a picture of your Mango Haze plant lets see how big and stretchy she is my moneys on its not.

RingtailCanyon

Hempy that post apparently proves that your seed was different than what everybody else bought.
There was testers. And then it was changed. I was wrong. I didn’t think Shanti changed the dad. I thought it was skunk haze A from the beginning. It was C then A apparently.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy that post apparently proves that your seed was different than what everybody else bought.
There was testers. And then it was changed. I was wrong. I didn’t think Shanti changed the dad. I thought it was skunk haze A from the beginning. It was C then A apparently.

The test seed did use a SkHzA father Nevil told me that and like i said mate the publicly released version was very different to the test seed version both are good.

If the released version that you have is inbreed then that to should have the same father as the test seed but shantis posted 2 different dads and that coursed confusion.

I found this if its of use just adds to the confusion i think.

Hi Guys

saw this thread and thought to dispel any doubts. The male S1 seed i used to go back with the MH mother select was broad leaf faster flowering similar structure to his mother...resin production was very quick on certain parts of the male...all positive traits. So he was kept as a inter generational breeding partner. The MH ibl is this beginning of the line i just described...you can go many places from here depends what your selecting preferences are for...

So hope that helps and always nice to see photos to see what is going on...well done all the best sb

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 01-58-13 Mango Haze Inbred Generation.png Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	18075863

The Mango haze mother is 122 a 5HzC now going by that i think shanti selected a 5HzC x SkHzA male and back crossed it back to the 122 5HzC.

That means he doubled up on the HzC side.

RingtailCanyon

For the record, you’re the only one talking about the mango haze inbred’s breeding.
I’ve been talking about the regular mango haze release. which is apparently Nl5HzC x SkHzA.
I’ve gone through an auction pack of about 90 seeds of the mango haze and 2 packs of the Mango Haze Inbred. I made f2s and several crosses. I gave alot of those original seeds away to friends. No keepers have been found so far. I like mango haze alright, but stuff like simply irresistible and punto rojo check more boxes for me.

Stocktont

Veteran
The test seed did use a SkHzA father Nevil told me that and like i said mate the publicly released version was very different to the test seed version both are good.

If the released version that you have is inbreed then that to should have the same father as the test seed but shantis posted 2 different dads and that coursed confusion.

I found this if its of use just adds to the confusion i think.

filedata/fetch?id=18075863&d=1645109931

The Mango haze mother is 122 a 5HzC now going by that i think shanti selected a 5HzC x SkHzA male and back crossed it back to the 122 5HzC.

That means he doubled up on the HzC side.

RingtailCanyon yes he is the only one talking about IBL and this is getting more and more silly, think he’s grasping at straws just trying to save some of that persona he’s been trying to build around himself and those magical seeds only he has… same with his Thia. I think regseeds was right and I should have taken that advice and just stay out of this kaleidoscopic thread as it doesn’t matter.

HEMPY can you explain why Mr Nice description of Mango haze - not the inbred version or any other version only Mango Haze - still today says:

”This strain is a parallel line to the Super Silver Haze, i.e. it has the same Haze father and the mother is a sister of the SSH. Accordingly the genetic makeup of this strain is 25% NL5, 25% Skunk and 50% Haze. The expected flowering times depend very much on the selection of the mother but in general will vary from 8 to 11 weeks, (…)”

That was copied from the Mr Nice page just minutes ago and here’s a screen print. Now it doesn’t really matter if he calls this one Mango Haze IBL or if he call it Mango Haze or any name he wants, it’s pretty clear that he is still to this day selling Mango Haze and the linage is given just like Nevil gave on mns. Not a word about the father being different to SSH but actually he says it is the same father! Was SSH father also a NL5 x Haze C x ((NL5 x Haze C) x (Skunk#1 x Haze A)) as you now claim?

The question might be did you grow test seeds of Mango Haze IBL in 2002/2003? Took him a fair bit to do that bx and release it as the IBL version wasn’t released by that time was it….

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 01-58-13 Mango Haze Inbred Generation.png Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	18075863

Here's the thread Hempy found the quote in, about MH Inbred Generation
https://mrnice.nl/forum/threads/mango-haze-inbred-generation.12060/

Last edited:

goingrey

Stocktont

Veteran

Yes we have read that post and that is the whole point, read the description from Mr Nice ”strain catalogue”, I copied it today, there he still has the text saying Mango Haze was done with the Skunk#1 x Haze C father (as SSH), the point isn’t to argue what Mango Haze is, the point is that the breeder said many different things and it can’t all be true… reading that thread you can also see this confusion has been going on at least since 2007…

goingrey

Yes we have read that post and that is the whole point, read the description from Mr Nice ”strain catalogue”, I copied it today, there he still has the text saying Mango Haze was done with the Skunk#1 x Haze C father (as SSH), the point isn’t to argue what Mango Haze is, the point is that the breeder said many different things and it can’t all be true… reading that thread you can also see this confusion has been going on at least since 2007…

Well, we don't know who has written the catalogue description. It could be someone else. In fact based on the style I'm quite sure that it is someone else. But yes, he is the head honcho and ultimately responsible for the catalogue descriptions being accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.