What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelicas, Thai x Panama, Oaxaca x Panama - summer of hell - Test by Koon

Koondense

Veteran
Hey fellow growers,
finally I have a couple Zamaldelica plants to try, also a beautiful pair of Panama hybrids, the Thai x Panama and Oaxaca x Panama.
Still early days, Zam#1 has the edge over the others, the most vigorous so far, also sprouted first and is now the tallest of all.
The Zam#2 is 10 days behind and still small, the Panama hybrids look more controlled and tame and beautiful.
I'll be growing these in my standard setup, diy cob leds, indoor with very poor temperature control, so as in my latest grows it will be another impro grow.
We'll see how it will go but I have a good feeling about it.

Early pics:

Zamaldelica #1
picture.php

Thai x Panama
picture.php

Oaxaca x Panama
picture.php

The summer is already very hot(technically it's still spring today), the climate forecasts say there will be heat waves all summer so these girls will have to cope with somehow extreme temperatures but I'll try to make them feel comfortable enough to grow healthy and make nice flowers.

At transplant they will get 25L fabric pots with my summer organic mix, along there will be some other plants, The Kore(Core cut S1, fem), Beast Lime Madness((MMxOax78) x Lime Madness, fem) and some Blueberry Sativas IBL regs, will let the males(if there will be males) drop some pollen on my ladies.
Oh and there's also an Auto Malawi x NL for my friend's outdoor experiment.

Good days ahead!

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Two of them got transplanted some days ago,
each in a 25l fabric pot, allmix(1/2)+coco(1/4)+perlite(1/4)+guano+agro bio pellets+mycorhizza.

Zamaldelica and ThaiPan, two days after transplant
picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Time is a funny thing when growing plants :)
These two are Zamaldelica and Thai x Panama in their 25l bags, being very happy with not so extreme temperatures:

picture.php

Flipped to 12/12 today and will soon apply the scrog net, these two grow like crazy so better keep them under control.
Also transplanted the Oaxaca x Panama(yes, Oaxaca x Panama ;) ) in same 25l bags, she looks very nice, a bit stocky and branchy perhaps. I sense great things with these plants :)

Oaxaca x Panama
picture.php

Cheers!

SolarLogos

Welcome Tangwena ;)

Thai x Panama, two days into 12/12

View Image

View Image

Cheers
Looking great Koondense! She has that thick panama mainstem, but the leaves look longer and narrower. I've been wanting to get this strain. Can't wait to see her mature and learn more about her. You and Syd always have killer line-ups. Best of luck my friend!
Peace, God bless

Koondense

Veteran
Welcome guys,
these girls sure love to grow, one hell of a vigor in these genes.
They reached the height for netting so I'll be starting to scrog them soon, the stems are well flexible so it won't be hard to find them a nice space.
Transplanting in 25L is having its effect, they are growing stupidly fast, the pictures in the first post are from 30 days ago.

The happy couple
picture.php

I feel they may need a topping session because there are just slight signs of preflowering and the stretch is starting to get dangerous, gotta keep them under control.

My first Zamaldelica, the Zam#1
picture.php

Probably my most beautiful plant so far, Thai x Panama or ThaiPan
picture.php

There's something about these narrow and elegant leaves, I just love looking at them :)
But maybe somebody would prefer the looks of Oaxaca x Panama which is also a very aesthetic plant but different, looks quite more tame. I like them wild. Pictures are coming next time ;)

Cheers

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Welcome guys,
these girls sure love to grow, one hell of a vigor in these genes.
They reached the height for netting so I'll be starting to scrog them soon, the stems are well flexible so it won't be hard to find them a nice space.
Transplanting in 25L is having its effect, they are growing stupidly fast, the pictures in the first post are from 30 days ago.

The happy couple
View Image

I feel they may need a topping session because there are just slight signs of preflowering and the stretch is starting to get dangerous, gotta keep them under control.

My first Zamaldelica, the Zam#1
View Image

Probably my most beautiful plant so far, Thai x Panama or ThaiPan
View Image

There's something about these narrow and elegant leaves, I just love looking at them :)
But maybe somebody would prefer the looks of Oaxaca x Panama which is also a very aesthetic plant but different, looks quite more tame. I like them wild. Pictures are coming next time ;)

Cheers

:good::plant grow:
Looking good .

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense friend :)

Thanks for starting a new thread about your current indoor sativa adventure ;)
They are looking great 1 month after you started the thread.
Hope you manage to control the indoor temps now in summer time.

Excited to follow your progresses in flowering. Best wishes!

Koondense

Veteran
Hey dubi,
summer is getting hot again, another heat wave on the horizon, so I'll keep the lights down a bit and try my best to manage the crazy high temperatures.
Meanwhile they seem to like it, here's a pic of the Oaxaca x Panama top, will try to catch her beauty on pics for another session.

Oaxaca x Panama
picture.php

She's under a lst session to develop as much branches as possible, as are other plants. Feels good to experiment with shaping different types of plants :)

Cheers

SolarLogos

Looking great Koondense, very healthy and happy! Super excited for you on this grow, more excited about the smoke reports when it's all said and done:smokeit:. Wishing you the best my friend!
Peace, God bless

Koondense

Veteran
A better view at OaxPan, she was kept low for increased branching. Seems it worked perfectly:

picture.php

Here's my second Zamaldelica, the bushy fatty Zam#2, also kept low

picture.php

And the Zam#1 pushing preflowers(the soil was completely dry when pics were taken)

picture.php

picture.php

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

G

Hi Koon!Awesome selection you got there ;)They seem to be going great my friend!
Good luck :tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Master of keeping them short and fat man I dont know how you do it hats off to you brother.

A better view at OaxPan, she was kept low for increased branching. Seems it worked perfectly:

View Image

Here's my second Zamaldelica, the bushy fatty Zam#2, also kept low

View Image

And the Zam#1 pushing preflowers(the soil was completely dry when pics were taken)

View Image

View Image

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Gorgeous looking plants mate! So exciting to see the OaxPan in action. I was lucky enough to get to sample some buds of Nev’sHaze x Oaxaca 6 or 7 years ago grown by the amazing ChanaMasala, seeds from kanga I believe. Sometimes you smoke weed that leaves such an impression that you don’t forget after all these years. I still remember the amazing smell and taste and happy ultra Prozac can’t stop smiling high. I hope your OaxPan will give you a similar experience. :tiphat: