What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In search of Florida Crippy

UsualSuspect

Veteran
@usualsuspect, bang on homie, but I doubt, the same crews were working the crippy and Hazes, it was one or the other. After the Soflo Bust, dudes were not handing the blacks(piff/haze) out for shit, didnt matter if your crew was tight with their crew. It was passed through fam...

The crippy and NL seemed to be ran by different type of crews, according to the top dogs of the fl market

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

gh0st9

Veteran
@royalflush, NL was NL, absolutely right from what I've seen, people were happy to call their NL that bc the reputation it carried at the time. I feel like it was related to the skunk, but not near the actual Roadkill. It had a totally different flavor. Too young to actually smoke "real" RKS, but I've had skunks that were pretty damn close, and it didnt remind me anything of it..

There were alot of killer FL stuff floating around at the time, that dealers would just slap the brand crippy on, so tons of people probably knew crippy to be different thus all the "crippy isn't crippy" type posts.

Makes sense, kinda been my view on the Crippie confusion all along...dealers will call anything anything, I've been sold Hazes that were being passed off as Kush hundreds of times it feels like.

I just smile and call them "ignorant fucks" in my head, and go home and enjoy the good smoke.

NL is one of my favorite strains of all time, something I've been searching for since highschool and haven't been able to find it, even at the dispensaries out west. Had no idea it was a FL strain, might explain why I love it so much, and that now makes sense that most of the crippy was it at the time.

gh0st9

Veteran
@chasing green it wasn't buddy. It was a pnw thing first, then the Dutch guys were dropping nl5 seeds left and right. We in Florida just had certain cuts ran the fuck out of. It was an adopted thing for us, just tons of guys running it bc how much of a commercial indoor cultivar it was, super ez to grow fire product of compared to the other mainstays. Sorta like how cali took bubba and ran with it

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
I grew up in Sofia smoked from '99 on. got crazy great herb afaik it was all Florida grown mostly from Miami but there were strong networks to Orlando, Tampa, and Gainesville in my circles.

I remember the crip needing to be cut up with scissors. it was impossible to break up with your fingers. it had a deep skunk undertone with like marshmallows and gas on top iirc. it was like clean and rotten at the same time. I used to associate the name with the crypt keeper on tales from the crypt

Behind-the-Screams-Shockumentary-tales-from-the-crypt-19261493-720-540.jpg

like that dude probably smoked this shit or it smelled like his house must smell or something along those lines.

I actually got a nostalgic tinge off the nose on a sin city power nap pheno my friend selected. no relationship as far as I can tell but it was exciting to be reminded of those glory days.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Smokes smells looks n tastes just like it did in highschool 1996... super stickey ..
Clean n rotten is perfect description. ...

Looks familiar anyone?????/

Attachments

• CAM00743.jpg
    CAM00743.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 44
  • CAM00742.jpg
    CAM00742.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 42

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Smokes smells looks n tastes just like it did in highschool 1996... super stickey ..
Clean n rotten is perfect description. ...

Looks familiar anyone?????/

I spoke to quick on the superclown thread, the first pic with the two look almost like it especially the one on the left, but I still say its a little too hairy. If it had a good wet trim in which the cut sugar leaves hug the calyx and was a little less hairy then I would say for sure.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I didnt trim it or grow it... homie i gave a cut to did... in far from ideal conditions. .. n was forced to take it a bit early.... i will ask bout the trim... have a feeling it was wet trimmed... most do it that way here, not me dry trim all day keeps all the flavor. .... got a giant bout to flower in my room so we will see what she does in a dialed in room taken her full time... but its the smell n taste mang it's there...

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
I didnt trim it or grow it... homie i gave a cut to did... in far from ideal conditions. .. n was forced to take it a bit early.... i will ask bout the trim... have a feeling it was wet trimmed... most do it that way here, not me dry trim all day keeps all the flavor. .... got a giant bout to flower in my room so we will see what she does in a dialed in room taken her full time... but its the smell n taste mang it's there...

I'm 100% with you on the dry trim, not only the flavor but also the smell. The reason I said wet trim is because not a lot of people can make a dry trim look like a wet trim. Homie looks like he rushed thru the trim or didn't care how it would look like. Lots of people think Triangle Kush is Crippy but I say hell no, from all the pics I've seen of TK, Crippy would out yield it any day. That camera didn't give those buds any justice.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Im not cool enough for an iphone... got robbed by a Dominican the day i got my. Iphone 6+... lol... cant do shit if u married to ur assailant. ..lol... i stick with the berner anyway....
Crippies tree day one flower

Attachments

• CAM00753.jpg
    CAM00753.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 37
  • CAM00756.jpg
    CAM00756.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 34

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Posted a pic of that variation at some point in the supaclown thread near the beginning where he says no body can have it just me bla bla bla.. it must have the birthmark...lol... well he shut the fuck up n changed his story... and yes she does have that trait in a young plant but it is no way n id mark... lots of others show it... n it goes away when the plant is large n in top health.... we will all see in a few months what my girl can do... cut i hold was brought up to nyc from florida around 92 according to the source who gave it to me...very reliable . we all find out how real or fake she is together. ... but from the buds i received today my doubt of its legitimacy r gone... my memory is shit when it comes to most things but i know n remember sports shit(yankees giants rangers related) and strains i grew seen smoked like n idiot savant... n this is the same shit i robbed my uncle for my 1rst freshman yr of hs... never forget a good ass wupppin to,,. Lol

gh0st9

Veteran
Stoney does it taste like an OG? I never got too much of an OG taste with her, not like supaclown states, its the first OG. Imo closer to an old line skunk, got a heavy dankness thats unlike the Ghost, SFV, and TK, I've smoked..

I miss that heavy dankness, haven't had it in quite some time. Like where you're not sure if someone hit an actual skunk or your guy just pulled up outside... :)

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
No much more complex ... supaklown dont know wtf he talking bout... just trying to seem important. ...its a mix of shit in the nose.... def has skunk , fuel, in it but if i showed it to u u wouldnt be like nice og .... but i can smell it in it.. there is nuthin lemon or pine in it .... sweet fruit/sweet funk under rotten skunk fuel funk combined to get a strong musky oder..... id bet almost anything its got alot of skunk in it.... but it has sumthin else....

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
A good way to put it from what i got from pbuds comments...
he sold chem the original dogbud correct
Chem sent him back some seeds where he chose the 4 cut
The 4 was chosen cause it reminded him most of the original ounces he sold, calling it the reunion pheno....
The perfect way to describe this plant is it got some of all the phenos from the chem og lines smashed together. ....
It got
1.rotten funk from d n sis
2.Fuel from91
3.Fruity oily funk from 4
4.Strong skunk kushy type funk from og...

Now this cut predates all of those... i believe its a part of the puzzle, how big n where it fits i dont have a clue... never smoked that dog bud, or the bunker weed back then..... or did it all come from the bunker since shit was being shipped multiple places????? I dont know...

Latest posts

Latest posts