What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In search of Florida Crippy

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
All of what's available is bs... none have that weird fruit musk funk just og...
Rerecently had a homie flower out my cut... far from the best grow but shit had it... was the toughest plant in a room full of pm... sounds like a Florida strain to me... im flipping a monster in the next few days.. so ill see whats really good...
Phil i aint forget bout ya...taken cuts tomorrow cant wAit to see what ur pops has to say.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
true, your cut has a little something(fruity musk works) more than og going on...It got kinda fucked up for me...3 weeks left on it.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Damn was hopin u getter done right first... my other homie had a stressful grow to say the least... whAt was Relentless ur issues...
Def og with sumthin. ... but is older then any og???? Wondering since i am to young to of smoked the actual bunker weed the 91 was found in if it ties into that ????? Now who was smokin that shit. .... most likely in theyre 50s-60s now... what i remember from the 90s crippe cut was dead on just needed better run..
Still want to smoke it hit me up mang

This girl is gonna shine n really see what she got.

Attachments

• CAM00568.jpg
    CAM00568.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 30
O man I've had that Black before from Miami, only place I've ever gotten it and it's pretty awesome, very stoney. It was a little too fresh to roll into joints though, but that's Miami.

UsualSuspect

Veteran
My 2 cents

My 2 cents

That sounds like the Kryptonite that was blowing up in Atlanta circa 2005 for $700/ounce, not related to Florida Crippie as far as I know but I great smoke that had the southeast bumpin for several years, wouldn't mind finding a cut of that either.

Even has it's own theme song:
Purple Ribbon Allstars - Kryptonite (I'm On It)

I was in Atl in 2005 Purp and OG ruled the day with the highest prices in the country, now the Kryptonite talked about in that song is not the Florida (Miami Kryptonite) TK. it was actually Irene OG Kush that was running around Atlanta circa 2005 for $700 oz $6500-7k for units real talk, it is hard for alot of people to wrap there heads around those prices but you really had to be there to understand the culture of Atlanta. People were willing to spend on the top notch, the Purp craze also hit the A at the same time. People would only accept OG or Purp and would brag about paying hefty prices just to be able to have the loudest shit in the club/strip club. Purp (grape ape-urkle-Gdp) was going for $600 oz at that time also.

We used to go to Miami to party around 2000 and Krippy was everywhere my buddy is a club promoter so we could always find it. Everybody in Miami was proud of the Crippy, it was more famous than South Beach. I saw cats from all over the country fold under the Crippy it was that strong, people would underestimated its strength thinking "I smoke powerful strains back home" but it would make you cough up a lung if you hit it too hard. The only modern day strains with that type of power are real deal Sour D and Gorilla Glue but even those dont break people out into and instant sweat like the Kryppy did. Sorry for the rant but this just touched on some positive memories, from what I know the Kryppy completely dried up in South Florida by 2008.

I acquired the TK cut a few months ago and currently have her flowering out in a 10 gallon pot at 20 days, she looks stellar. Not trying to get my hopes up too much just to have them dashed but I really really hope this is the Miami Kryppy some say it is some say it isnt, but I know the ones that say it is never smoked it in Miami (south florida) years ago so I take it with a grain of salt and keep my fingers crossed.

I guess this case is similar to the NYC (Washington Heights-Harlem) Piff that ran shit from 1995-2010 and unless you moved units of it or puffed on block work you have no idea how good it was and how it cant be compared to any other haze, that strain disappeared with that huge bust years ago that destroyed the Florida to NYC Piff pipeline. I have always wondered were the Piff and Kryppy run by the same people, it was all in South Florida at the same time.

You see, this is why I want to find these strains, they were so legendery in their time, way better than the "loud" that goes around now, half these strains that get so much attention now would've been sold as mids back then in comparison...I only got to smoke the Piff once when a friend visited from NYC, and I only got to smoke the ATL Kryptonite (Irene OG) when stopping in Atlanta on roadtrips to Chicago, but I remember that Florida Crippie quite fondly, smoked it for years & years and yes it was strictly for the experienced smoker only...but I refuse to believe that it disappeared when it dried up in the commercial market, someone had to be keeping cuts & bagseeds around.

gh0st9

Veteran
Crippy was a slang term for a specific type of bud being trucked from soflo. But I doubt the actual strain was called crippy. I didnt start smokin till about 03-04, but I rubbed shoulders with all sorts of folks whovee been in the game heavy since early 80's, it was still around all the way up to 05-06 when the purp/og/diesel craze killed off the steady supply of the old Florida mainstays, I used to get plates of it all the time, as I was copping multipacks all the time... Royal Flush is right, So Flo had the NL, Blacks, Crippy being their heavyweights. The Jamaicans/haitians other Carribbean guys called it "creepy" but thats bc that had a hard time pronouncing crippy properly.

I'm glad you can differentiate the Fl crip, from all the bs all the genetic companies are trying to throw around. There was no such thing imo as straight up "crippy". It was a very specific, consistent bud, but I doubt the guys growing her were calling her that. If I had to guess it would be closest to the skunk line, a deep musky kick, with thick smoke, hard to place a finger on flavor. The Tk, if I'm not mistaken was out of C. Fl, Ricky had his in O-town. I've had it before, it wasnt a huge thing like itd be all over, it only moved in select circles down here.

gh0st9

Veteran
@usualsuspect, bang on homie, but I doubt, the same crews were working the crippy and Hazes, it was one or the other. After the Soflo Bust, dudes were not handing the blacks(piff/haze) out for shit, didnt matter if your crew was tight with their crew. It was passed through fam...

The crippy and NL seemed to be ran by different type of crews, according to the top dogs of the fl market

Crippy was a slang term for a specific type of bud being trucked from soflo. But I doubt the actual strain was called crippy.

Semantics...who cares if that is the "real" strain name or some colloquialism, all of these strain names are made-up anyway, the only real names would be to list all of the landrace crosses it took to make the strain and that's a bit cumbersome...this thread was not started to argue about the semantics of the name, it was started to find the actual damn strain because it was a gem of a smoke from my youth and I want to have it in garden.

gh0st9

Veteran
Jesus Christ you're an asshole. I was mentioning that in order to help find you a good starting point from seed in your search... Since its been stated multiple times "crippy" isn't around anymore. I know if I had a cut of whatever it is, I wouldn't help you with that attitude. You're so flippantly dismissive, did you even read the rest of my post? This goes for the other thread as well...

ponolove

Good post usualsuspect, I'm from just below atl and your time line is spot on. Folks were crazy about the purps back there. Nice hanging with ya @ denver cup

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
@gh0st, I also doubt Crippy was its name from its inception, you're also right about crews not running other strains, they only stick to one strain only.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ you're an asshole. I was mentioning that in order to help find you a good starting point from seed in your search... Since its been stated multiple times "crippy" isn't around anymore. I know if I had a cut of whatever it is, I wouldn't help you with that attitude. You're so flippantly dismissive, did you even read the rest of my post? This goes for the other thread as well...

Sorry about that, haven't smoked in like a week and I'm about to get locked up...plus it seems like every other post on this thread has become a "crippy isn't crippy" type of response, but I didn't mean to come off as such an asshole, though you're prolly right, I'm pretty sure I am an asshole.

P.S.: Yes, I read your entire post.

I used to be with a cuban chick that helped me get connected, I got the Black and the Crippy cuts thru her. The black was good for 12/12 from clone but the flowering time was long ass hell and the bag appeal looked like shit if it was sold, the buds always looked like they would never finish. I used to run the Crippy vertical with 600's, would always pull 1.5 per light give or take an Oz or 2. I lost her because a hippy friend somehow convinced me to grow her outdoors organically. long story short she locked up, pH was thru the roof and was infested with spidermites, leaf miners; white fly's, Gnats and PM. She started to flower because of all the stress, I didn't want to risk taking cuttings and bringing the problems indoors. Once I took care of the problems I took cuttings but it was already late, she never went back the veg.

Damn, that is a sad sad story...I can relate, I've had hippie friends ruin my plants before too...nowadays I never tell them about any of my activities and keep all my genetics preserved in a quarantined mother room.