What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird mutation

T

TrueReligion

So my love triangle is uh a little special, it looks like its has whorled phyllotaxy But also has weird growth on the stem?

Last edited:
T

TrueReligion

The pictures I have are higher quality than what's uploading should I upload from bother server or something

EastCoast710

not much to see yet man.. cant really say anything about any of them.. just popped a plant that did some weird ass shit when it popped went from a normal plant to this single leaf like thing popping out the top of the stem that was like folding itself weird.. pulled it off.. 2 branches grew fine.. typical bs from seedlings..

T

TrueReligion

I'm going to let her grow it out and see if its a keeper

dufous

Probably not a mutation. It's way more likely that some transient environmental issue gave you the triangle shaped first true leaf.

Ratzilla

Veteran
What you have i would not call a mutation.
I have what started out as brothers grim C-99 that i got from the REv in 07.
Right from the get go it showed a tendency to show some mutation around the 3rd thru the 5th node.
Stuff like leaves not forming correctly on one side of the node or the fingers of the leaves not being right even what appears to be self topping.
Sometimes a plant would grow out of it and look normal other times it did not.
I have back crossed this Cindy many times and she still shows this trait.
She is one of my favorites so i keep her viable.
I just germinate more then enough to be able to discard the really funky ones.
Ratz :tiphat:

T

TrueReligion

Its grown some more Its definetly one regular leaf and a conjoined leaf on the other. I'm moving the leaf around and after a thorough examination on multiple angles and push her leaves around they are created together.

Last edited:
T

TrueReligion

Looks like a butterfly?

She's being grown with
FFOF/ FFHF (60/40) X 10% PERLITE SIZE THREE on the bottom
X 30% Perlite

Last edited:
T

TrueReligion

Duckfoot love triangle edition 😂😂😂 hopefully it stays past this node