What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

need lighting advice

RememberHarambe

Hi, first time grower here. I've got a tent on its way that measures 60" x 31" x 80" -- so about a 13 sq. ft. rectangle. Planning to have 8 plants in there and use HID lighting. Could use some advice on whether to use one light or 2, and wattage. Was thinking maybe hang 2 400's side by side, or a single 600. 1000 watts or doubling up on 600's seems like overkill for this size tent, but I'm just guessing. Planning to use ProMix as the growing medium. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Throw up a 1k in there. However , you are going to have to cool the space. Any lighting set up in that small of a space is going to need adiquite air flow and cooling. You could even grab a portable a.c. from home depot, or a window unit. Also, keep in mind how much electricity you have available. If you start adding up a 1k light, plus Ac, and accessories, you may not have enough amps available if you are in a standard bedroom. Do some Google searches, find out your electric situation and that will dictate what you can run

RememberHarambe

Thanks for your reply. Good point about the electric capacity, I will look into that so I don't try to run a setup that draws more amps than the circuit can handle. It is a standard bedroom, only things plugged in right now are 2 lamps, clock radio and a computer that's usually in sleep mode.

Latest posts

Latest posts