What's new

Flood tables? Need advice!

Benvanboro

So for my next grow I want to set up a more efficient way of watering.. I want to get an ebb flow table/tray and just put a drain on the end closest to the grow tent entrance, with a shallow bucket below to collect run off. I will continue to hand water in a drain to waste method, I just don't want to have to pull my plants out of the tent every time i water, especially when they get bigger..
I am in a 4ft x 4ft x 6.5ft tent.
My only concern is with height. I'm looking at Botanicare trays/tables on line and it says the trays are "about 25 inches tall", that with the height of the pots may be a bit tall.
I'm looking for a tray/table set up that is like 1-1.5ft off the ground so I have plenty of room between the canopy and lights..
If anyone has any ideas or can link me to someone already doing this it would be greatly appreciated!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Home depot buckets upside down and a thinner tray. Hd makes totes that fit perfect. You can get 1" drill bits there too.

Benvanboro

Home depot buckets upside down and a thinner tray. Hd makes totes that fit perfect. You can get 1" drill bits there too.

That's a good idea, those 5gal buckets are damn sturdy!
Why the thinner tray though?
If I put a bucket for each corner and one in the middle you think that would be enough support for 4 plants in 7gal containers?
I would think the thicker tray would hold more weight and not bow in places that don't have a bucket underneath?

Buddler

Veteran
Build a stand out of wood or pvc any height you need you can get tray underneath for run off then just pump out with aquarium pump into drain done .. B

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
If you might do DWC or RDWC in the future, home depot also sells black buckets now, which are much better for hydro. Light passes through most buckets, and can cause algae.

This is a very interesting read, and the direction I am going -

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=267918

Benvanboro

If you might do DWC or RDWC in the future, home depot also sells black buckets now, which are much better for hydro. Light passes through most buckets, and can cause algae.

This is a very interesting read, and the direction I am going -

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=267918

I'm about to harvest my first grow so I think I'm going to stick to this method for now, but I will definitely want to get more automated when I expand. That was a great read and I bookmarked it for later! Thanks!

Benvanboro

Build a stand out of wood or pvc any height you need you can get tray underneath for run off then just pump out with aquarium pump into drain done .. B

Yea I think I'm just going to do something simple and custom with some 2x4's, something sturdy and something that I can customize the height on. Although the buckets are a great height.. I might use them to start and have something built by the time the plants get bigger.

Thanks a lot guys!

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I'm about to harvest my first grow so I think I'm going to stick to this method for now, but I will definitely want to get more automated when I expand. That was a great read and I bookmarked it for later! Thanks!

I figured you want to keep simple and cheap for now. If you were going to buy buckets for table, the black ones are only a dollar more, and would have them if you go DWC in the future.

Benvanboro

I figured you want to keep simple and cheap for now. If you were going to buy buckets for table, the black ones are only a dollar more, and would have them if you go DWC in the future.

Yea the DIY store by me has there store logo'd 5gal buckets and they are all black so that works out well. I probably won't attempt to change my style of growing until I dial one in. This is still just my first grow. 3 weeks left!
Here is a link to my thread on it if you want to check it out!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334423