What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st indoor run with 100W HPS

T

TrueReligion

Whoops the title was supposed to be 1000W not 100.
To add on to knowledge base I've read the grow bible 2nd and fourth edition.

I've pulled up a seat.

I've pulled up a seat.

I was reading your posts and I'm looking forward to some photos of your set up and how your plants are doing. I've grown everything that you're currently working with and they are all stellar. Extra shout out to you for being in SoCal, Los Angeles is my home town but I currently live in NorCal the Bay Area to be bit more specific. I like that you mentioned your temps go up and down by 5 degrees or so and that is key to vigorous growth. Post some pics when a get a chance homie.

Acquitted

I'm excited to see what results you'll get; and also curiuos about your set up. I'm working a very close set up yours for first time.

T

TrueReligion

Hey guys, thank you for reading my log! Here's a couple pictures comparing the clones side by side.

Group 1 is droopy only from the intense fan when I remove them and leave them be for an hour they perk right back up.

For SFV1 I accidentally put her under the hps the day before a little too early after foliar feeding resulting in a little burn but she is still growing immensely.
I had to bring this one back from a Nitrogen Overdose from the cloner (got bd and sfv from him) but she beat all the other SFV's that were out of wind.she's showing nice lime green leaves instead of shiny dark green ones now.

GG4 only came with 5 sets of leaves at week 1 look where she's at now.

As you'll see group 2 just got decimated by group 1 in just 1 week.

All clones were about the same size when starting
(size of group 2 pictured but shorter)

Group 2 is now joining group 1 so they can be big beauties!

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
hello.... this is not to be mean in anyway... but 12 inches from a 1000watt HPS will give u loads of problems, try going down to a 600watt or even a 400watt.

GrowDoc

T

TrueReligion

I appreciate all tips! It's my first hps, I sadly don't have the cash to get a different set up. I can always heighten the lights as I have 10 foot ceilings. Even if the canopy is at 72 there's still problems?

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
going from weak led and flours to 1000watt hps is not good for the slow plants and slow plants should be 4 feet away from the center of the light. your ballast might be adjustable, check.

GrowDoc

T

TrueReligion

Ah I've already spent a week acclimating them to the 1000watter, I'll move the slower plants so their root system can become more established though and give it a shot. It's not sadly. its just a plain magnetic ballast not a digital.

I'm curious to what speed you have the fan set? And is it pretty close to the plants? My very first grow ever was set up almost exactly yours. Growing seeds I found but the bud they produced was better than what I got them out of. Anyway, you should definitely raise your light not just for the heat that 1k produces without being air cooled but for the intensity that light produces. With the fan, you may not have to place it so close directly in front of the plants, maybe at an angle that keeps them dancing a little. Good job so far homie. Maybe I missed it but how long are you planning to veg?

T

TrueReligion

Hey man, At Night the fan sits on speed 1 since it's cold enough outside to keep my room at an ideal temp, day time up to 3 depending on the day usually 2. Ill raise the lights up a foot that way I can weaken the fan as well. Thanks for the tip! I'm planning to veg for 8 to 10 weeks.

T

TrueReligion

Good Morning, I've now directed the fan directly at the bulb/reflector and it is no longer on the plants. Canopy is staying at 71.7 with a RH of 46%. Here's an updated picture of the set up! Stronger 4 are at 2 feet, weaker 4 at 3 feet.

Acquitted

Hey, if the girls are looking good then you should feel it.
My set up is a constant work in progress; always adjusting, and getting better all the time.
I'm sticking with you, (bringing up clones for my 1st time so your helping me tremendously thank you)
Keep us updated, please ; )

T

TrueReligion

Bulb temperatures added into the room

Bulb temperatures added into the room

Another update for you guys, my house is air conditioned to 60, but the grow room i made in the house stays at 68 and between 71-73 under light. I pointed the Cyclone towards the wing and have it on speed 4. At night the Holmes pulls air in from outside so I can give the ac a break. (and my pockets lol)
Thank you do the support! I'll try to update her as much as I can :)

T

TrueReligion

Also the Sylvania is 1,600 lumens*** not 100lumens.
I'm writing this log on a tablet since my pup got to my mac and my phone a while ago. I'll do my best to keep it nice and tidy.

T

TrueReligion

Group 2*** was the group with the leaves falling. I don't know if my tablet doesn't show it but I can't seem to find any sign of an edit post button. Otherwise I would've kept this post count to a minimum my apologies :/

T

TrueReligion

Chiming in for a small update.
This one will be for the GG4. I've kept her at 1 feet distance and she has perked up being out of the huge torment of my fan. Temps stay between 70-75 a night but climb to 80 during the day. At two feet the Temps are 62-68 at night and around 72-74 in the day.

I keep her at 1 feet at night, 2 feet during the day.
Under the light it looks like she's praying to the hps!