What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hows often to water plants?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try to use weight as a reference. Looks like you are still over watering them. Important to keep the soil surface a big humid, but we are talking about very little water.

My bets are still on water, one of two possibilities, they are either very wet still (heavy) or they are short water (very light).

Last edited:

Grassimo

Upon up close review, the stems are bending, they need more water.

Yea i lifted them and were quite light, I only gave about 6 cups of water though, I havent check since i left those two, but they were watered so I assume should be good when im home?

If its not enough can I added more after work in 5 hours? Thanks btw :)

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What you just saw was wilting point. That was a great calculation. Exactly how many days without water did it take to get to that point?

This time you should have watered very slowly. Wetting the cap, letting it soak in slowly. Then another slight application, two or three times more. Important to wait so that the medium sucks up the water. Water will push water due to weight. Ideally you would have watered until water came out the bottom....

Tomorrow only a light sprinkling to wet the surface area and only if when you stuck your finger in a half inch or so and it came out slight dry.

Grassimo

What you just saw was wilting point. That was a great calculation. Exactly how many days without water did it take to get to that point?

This time you should have watered very slowly. Wetting the cap, letting it soak in slowly. Then another slight application, two or three times more. Important to wait so that the medium sucks up the water. Water will push water due to weight. Ideally you would have watered until water came out the bottom....

Tomorrow only a light sprinkling to wet the surface area and only if when you stuck your finger in a half inch or so and it came out slight dry.

Ok it lasted about 3 days with that water and was slightly more when i filled last time, I didnt make it come out the bottom though, that was my mistake i guess.

So in a day or two when they get right before where they were this morning, I can water slightly, or drain till its out the bottom?

Also was that bad for my plants? :S

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok it lasted about 3 days with that water and was slightly more when i filled last time, I didnt make it come out the bottom though, that was my mistake i guess.

So in a day or two when they get right before where they were this morning, I can water slightly, or drain till its out the bottom?

Also was that bad for my plants? :S

Tomorrow a very light watering in the morning. Provided the finger test. The next day the same. The third day pick up the pot and see if you think they need water. If you were irrigating correctly it would probably take 4 or 5 days to have to water heavily again. When you decide to water heavily, make the water come out the bottom.

Was it bad for your plants? Mmmmm you tell me in two days time.

Grassimo

Tomorrow a very light watering in the morning. Provided the finger test. The next day the same. The third day pick up the pot and see if you think they need water. If you were irrigating correctly it would probably take 4 or 5 days to have to water heavily again. When you decide to water heavily, make the water come out the bottom.

Was it bad for your plants? Mmmmm you tell me in two days time.

Ok thanks man ill do that :)

and ill post back in two days haha ^^

Grassimo

Hey guys! Just wanted to do an update, the girls are looking beautiful and have grown alot. Today begins week 3 of Flowering, just only one problem on one plant though. A few fan leaves have gotten a brownish rustic look to them, maybe 4 or 5 leaves. The rest of the plant seems superb and looks like she is budding like the others.

35jjwgk.jpg

Weird Leaf.

wl91s1.jpg

Day 15 Flowering.

I was also wondering if this would be a good time to prune them, if its good at all? Lots of lower stuff not really getting much light :S

Grassimo

Latest posts

Latest posts