What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hows often to water plants?

Grassimo

Just curious, first time growing in a tent and my temps are way cooler than they used to be.

23.5-25.5 degree with lights on during veg.

Is it normal that the earth is still very wet after 3 days? (Used to water every second day)

Grassimo

Yes 72 to 82 ideal for lights on and 65 to 75 Is ideal for lights out .

Where ypu talking Celsius above when you siad 20 s ?

I just checked and converted to Fahrenheit, my temps seem to be in middle of what you wrote exactly.

They used be above 26 always before so i guess the heat would dry them more?

Does 2 degree+ make that much difference?

Dankwolf

I dont know celcius or how to convert do you ?

3 days is not a ling time but for any one to really help you would need to give more info ? Or pics of plants ?

What size containers?

Are they in soil ? Whats the mix?

How much do you water each time ?

What kind of lights ? And how far away from plants or plant ?

Pics say a 1000 words ?

Grassimo

I dont know celcius or how to convert do you ?

3 days is not a ling time but for any one to really help you would need to give more info ? Or pics of plants ?

What size containers?

Are they in soil ? Whats the mix?

How much do you water each time ?

What kind of lights ? And how far away from plants or plant ?

Pics say a 1000 words ?

I used google to convert haha :p

20r7ldy.jpg

Thats them from today. :D

I gave them like 6 cups of water maybe on monday?

Not sure the size of container though :(

And the lights are approx 2 feet away

Thanks for help btw :)

Dankwolf

They look healthy/young and the potters are good size compered to there size . a extra day inbetwwen waterings in not a big deal by the looks of you girls. If any thing just water less when you know cooler temps are coming if you cant control temp.

6 cups for each plant ?

Dankwolf

I like to water enough to only last two days but some times i water to much and have to wait 3 not a huge deal.

Grassimo

They look healthy/young and the potters are good size compered to there size . a extra day inbetwwen waterings in not a big deal by the looks of you girls. If any thing just water less when you know cooler temps are coming if you cant control temp.

6 cups for each plant ?

Ya 6 cups per plant. Is that too much?

I'm also able to control temp easily actually, but i feel these are the healthiest they've been at that temp, at 6pm there flying upwards looks like they're dancing haha :D

Ill give less water then on the next watering, thanks alot man! :)

Btw how do i edit posts lol?

Dankwolf

They are still very wet tho lol, looks like it could last 5 days :S

Is that bad? :(

It happens just water less next time . as far as temps go every strain has it preferance hence why i gave a range in that post about ideal temps.

You dont have enough post to edit them yet . it will come as you make your way around the site.there are some good perks as ypu become a full member . Icmag is the best on the web for growers . there are some dam good people on here and most are willing to help and share there knowledge .

Grassimo

It happens just water less next time . as far as temps go every strain has it preferance hence why i gave a range in that post about ideal temps.

You dont have enough post to edit them yet . it will come as you make your way around the site.there are some good perks as ypu become a full member . Icmag is the best on the web for growers . there are some dam good people on here and most are willing to help and share there knowledge .

Haha thanks man I apreciate it :D

And yea a couple guys saved me from flowering on monday and told me to wait a couple more weeks lol.

Lrus007

Veteran
i lift every pot every day. have forever.
so lift a pot when watered notice how heavy it is.
then when you lift a pot and it is light is time to water it.
is a good way, some pots/ plants use less or more water.
hope this helps
Lrus007

corky1968

Veteran
Try watering half of your plants with a certain amount of water and use a little less for the the other
half. Eventually, you'll see what works better in your situation and then you can adjust accordingly.

Converting Celsius to Farenheit and vice versa is easy if you know the secret formula. :peek:

Temp in Celsius X 1.8 and then add 32 = degrees in Farenheit

Temp in Farenheit - 32 and then divide by 1.8 = degrees in Celsius

:tiphat:

Kozmo

Veteran
Overwatering. Number one Newbie mistake. Good of you to dive right in though. Best way to learn.

Latest posts

Latest posts