What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stem nematodes

doneit

Veteran
I have a similar problem as you...
Can you elaborate more on your soil drench? as far as source, brand and quantity?
Thank you

King cola CO

I have a similar problem as you...
Can you elaborate more on your soil drench? as far as source, brand and quantity?
Thank you

Do not use during flowering. Let me repeat myself DO NOT USE DURING FLOWERING.

I used Azasol found in pretty much every grow store. I used at Azasol at 1/4 tsp per gal. I mixed it in reservoir 1st thing prior to adding usual nutrients. Only mix up what you need for that day of feeding it tends to take nutrients anaerobic. I use Azasol every feeding unless I use one of the other systemics. You can use azamax if you want but Azasol blends way better in your tank.

Once every 7-10 days I use mallet or Adonis 75 wsp same product. I use it at 1tsp to 10gal. Same process as Azasol I mix prior to adding normal nutrients. Only use what your going to use that day. I get that from do my own pest control. http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/adonis-75-wsp-p-1802.html

Once every 7-10 days I use conserve sc I use it at 1ml to gal. Same process as Azasol mix prior and only use what you need for that day.
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/conserve-sc-p-3040.html

I also spray azamax or Azasol every 3 days with lights off and to whatever there mixing rate for each product. Just spay couple plants the day before you do your whole room to make sure you mix isn't to hot cause you are slamming them systemically.

You have to get a good digital microscope to check inside stems to see if you are killing them and pushing them out of the plant. Spots should go from brown to black. And spots should start inside main stem and then push them out all the way to the tip top of plant. Took me 5weeks to knock them out completely.

If you get any pictures or any information can you please post it in this thread. Let me know if you need any more information or help good luck. This damn bug pissed me off so bad.

My soil is Pro-mix and Happy frog from fox farm. The pallets of soil I received were from Sunlight Supply from California. I can't tell you witch soil it was that was contaminated. But if I were to guess I would say it was Pro-mix. If you want I can get you batch numbers off the bag of soil.

doneit

Veteran
Thank you for the response my friend!!!
I do have a digital scope... gonna have to steal it from my kid ha!

I will order up the products and give it a whirl!

I will keep you posted once i get started..
Thanks again... glad you got yours under control!

If you scroll up on page 119 in the hemp research document shared.. it talks about charcoal rot, with similar sounding symptoms - caused by a fungal blight. Perhaps the neen is fighting the fungal blight or perhaps nematodes brought the blight. Just throwing that out there in case it was missed. If you want to look for stem nematodes, peel the bark back where the stem is splitting and scope inside at 400x.

King cola CO

Thanks emeraldcityog I was trying to find the thread you mentioned but I can't seem to find it. Could you post a link to the thread please.