What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First solo led grow indoors, flowering advice?

Benvanboro

First and and foremost I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to this forum over the years. This being my first real grow, by myself, I have found so much helpful info here so thank you!!

Anyways, I'm in a 4ftx4ftx6.5ft grow tent, with 5 plants, 2 Holy Grails, 1 phantom cookies, 1 sunset sherbert x jack herer and 1 Cheese Candy.
I have 3 full spectrum LED fixtures totaling 610 watts, 25"-30" from top of canopy.
Avg. day time temp- 76F. Avg night temp- 70F. Avg RH- 58%
Growing in a 50/50 mix of botanicare ready gro Coco w/perlite and mother natures coco. Using Advanced Nutrients ph Perfect micro/grow/bloom, B-52, And Bud Candy (also have Big Bud Coco, Overdrive, and flawless finish for later in the cycle)
Supplements: Pro-Tekt Silica, CalMag
Watering every 3 days with brita filtered water and nutrients at half strength or less.
Plants are on day 5 flower, things are going really well considering this is my first go and first time running this set up. I had some ph issues early on about a week after transplant.. but were corrected quickly.
I'm kind of worried about space things are getting big quickly! I already moved 3 plants outside because of this and do not want to move anymore. I've done a good amount of training and I have staked/tied everything down/in.
I am attaching pictures to this thread as I would just like some general tips and critiquing.
Any wisdom anyone has to share is grately appreciated!
One love! :smokeit:

[url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69923&pictureid=1667284'][url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69923&pictureid=1667284'][url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69923&pictureid=1667284'][url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69923&pictureid=1667284'][url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69923&pictureid=1667284'][url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69923&pictureid=1667290'] [url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69923&pictureid=1665235'][url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69923&pictureid=1665237'][url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69923&pictureid=1667284']

Attachments

• IMG_8231.jpg
    IMG_8231.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8237.jpg
    IMG_8237.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8230.jpg
    IMG_8230.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 9

Wolfshadoe

BV...That's a nice lil grow for a first one.Props,.Was checkin out y pots what r they?.Will be watchin y grow.Just getting back in touch w technology,so a lil slow

Benvanboro

BV...That's a nice lil grow for a first one.Props,.Was checkin out y pots what r they?.Will be watchin y grow.Just getting back in touch w technology,so a lil slow

Thanks man! I've definitely done my homework but there is always more to learn.
They are fabric smart pots by Aurora Innovations

Benvanboro

Here are a few more pictures, the ones I posted previously were day 1 of 12/12. These are day 4 right after watering! Thanks for looking! :smoker:

Attachments

• IMG_8255.jpg
    IMG_8255.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8256.jpg
    IMG_8256.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8254.jpg
    IMG_8254.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8253.jpg
    IMG_8253.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8258.jpg
    IMG_8258.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8247.jpg
    IMG_8247.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 9

Benvanboro

With the grow/micro/bloom should I start fasing out the micro/grow as I start to add big bud/bud candy etc..?
Also, one of my plants is substantially taller then the rest and may get too tall for my space.. should I top some major branches or just wait and see and bend over the buds that are too tall when the time comes? I don't want to burn any of my flowers! Thanks!

Raw Basix

Dont top, just lst = sorted D

Dont top, just lst = sorted D

With the grow/micro/bloom should I start fasing out the micro/grow as I start to add big bud/bud candy etc..?
Also, one of my plants is substantially taller then the rest and may get too tall for my space.. should I top some major branches or just wait and see and bend over the buds that are too tall when the time comes? I don't want to burn any of my flowers! Thanks!

Hey man , looks a superb grow for 1st time, you should be proud so far.
Now, i cant really help you with the nutes, but whatever you do, DO NOT top your plants at this late stage, you're only going to cause a tonne of stress and decreased yield. However, LST is fine at any point during the cycle, so in order to keep them from skyrocketing, just tie down the tall branches perpetually as it grows, as needed. Yield and bud production will be better as well as more light penetrates more bus sites. Hope that helps

Benvanboro

Hey man , looks a superb grow for 1st time, you should be proud so far.
Now, i cant really help you with the nutes, but whatever you do, DO NOT top your plants at this late stage, you're only going to cause a tonne of stress and decreased yield. However, LST is fine at any point during the cycle, so in order to keep them from skyrocketing, just tie down the tall branches perpetually as it grows, as needed. Yield and bud production will be better as well as more light penetrates more bus sites. Hope that helps

Very helpful thank you! I'm glad I waited for a reply, I did some lollipop pig there were branches that just weren't going to produce anything toward the bottom but left the tops alone. Bought some great soft rubber ties with wire in the center so I can tie them down.
I've put a lot of time and energy and research into this grow I am very happy with the results so far! But the important part has only just begun so I'm going to stay humble for now :)

Benvanboro

what led light are you using?

CHEAP ONES. Lol but they are definitely doing the trick.
I got them on Amazon.. I have 3 lights going, 2 ViparSpectra 450's at 200 watts from the wall, and 1 Sunnine which uses Cree/cob chips pulling 210 watts.

Next round I am going to run the 2 viparSpectra's (bloom spectrum only) with a 600w HPS for flower, and throw the Sunnine in a smaller tent for veg

Benvanboro

Here are some day 6 pre flower pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_8270.jpg
    IMG_8270.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8269.jpg
    IMG_8269.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8268.jpg
    IMG_8268.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8276.jpg
    IMG_8276.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 16

Benvanboro

Any have a more efficient system for watering? Right now I have all the pots in clear plastic trays and when I water I have to take the pot out, remove run off quickly, put pot back in tray let it run off some more and then empty again. I do this for each plant and it takes me like 3 effin hours to water 5 plants lol. I know a wet vac is a good option, but costly. Any other ideas?

Dakine

Veteran
Nice grow so far bro! Aint that much longer till you can try the flowers of your labor!! 2 months aint long! lol

I honestly will always stick to watering by hand. Even If i gotta take out/move every single pot. That way I can be pretty precise and make sure that theres good saturation and no dry spots in the soil. Instead of a Wetvac what about putting them into the bath tub or outside so you dont have to really clean the run off? Its good to water them in a different spot from where they live, so is cleaning the run off up.. I've heard of guys getting major salt build up from letting the run off evaporate where the plants live/not cleaning it up.

Benvanboro

Nice grow so far bro! Aint that much longer till you can try the flowers of your labor!! 2 months aint long! lol

I honestly will always stick to watering by hand. Even If i gotta take out/move every single pot. That way I can be pretty precise and make sure that theres good saturation and no dry spots in the soil. Instead of a Wetvac what about putting them into the bath tub or outside so you dont have to really clean the run off? Its good to water them in a different spot from where they live, so is cleaning the run off up.. I've heard of guys getting major salt build up from letting the run off evaporate where the plants live/not cleaning it up.

That's great to hear because that is EXACTLY what I have been doing, 8 take each plant one by one out of the tent into my room in a separate tray I have, water it, and when run off starts I move it into a propogation tray that I have on a slop so the water runs away from the pot, once the run off stops I put it back in the tent and move on to the next one.
If this is ultimately the best way to do it I have no problem taking the extra time! :)
Thanks for the info!

Benvanboro

I'm really excited to see what I get from this grow! Things are going way better then expected for my first time... I do spend probably a minimum of 3-5 hours a day reading, doing research, and taking extensive notes for what lies ahead and things I would like to change next round!
I am not the most social being and growing has truly brought a new found happiness to my life that I was longing for. It really is therapeutic!

Dakine

Veteran
Yeah if i was you, I'd keep hand watering instead of getting something automatically timed. Plus its kinda fun cause you get to inspect each plant as you water!

I know exactly what you mean bro. Im always reading/inspecting peoples grows and trying to learn and gain knowledge from these forums. I've realized that Icmag is the only one I need since it has everything! All different ways to grow, info about nutrients and different methods to use those nutrients. Plus I havent met someone on here that doesnt want to help another grower out in anyway!

Its crazy they started showing pre flowers in 6 days.. Most of the time I dont get ANY pre flowers in under 1 week. It usually takes around 2 weeks to be honest. Hows the smells on these girls? Which 1 is your favorite?

Benvanboro

Nice work/set up, et.al.

Thanks for the kind words!
I started another thread in the New Growers forum about water filtration systems. I'm currently using a brita and it's cutting it for this grow, but after this harvest I am for sure going to upgrade.
I'm trying to decide between an RO system and the Berkey? Does anyone have any insight they can share?
Much appreciated!

Benvanboro

Day 11 flower update!

Attachments

• IMG_8315.jpg
    IMG_8315.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8317.jpg
    IMG_8317.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8310.jpg
    IMG_8310.jpg