What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hot pepper as pest control in early flowering

GrandPurple

i used a clove of garlic and something like 0,2grams of hot pepper.. soaked for one day in 1lt of water... then added 5ml of pure neem oil and a tiny amount of natural olive oil soap and sprayed all over the girls and growbox

flowers are small but now i'm concerned that i will feel the hot pepper during the smoke...

girls were 32 days old the day i sprayed

what do you guys think??

mufinman

youre over thinking it. It'll be all good. if it does taste like hot pepper, let me know, I'll want some. do you have 'bugs' or just preventing them?

toke_the_dope

i do this all the time in early stage if i have mite problem, and doesnt effect the smoke. just remember last 2 weeks of flowering to spray with distilled water and should remove any impurities

GrandPurple

Thanks for the replies guys, I did this soaked solution because one of the four girl started flowering with strange "posture"... branches and leaves were acting crazy(and they still), plus leaves whit eaten pieces, traslucent marks, curly leaves...and one strange yellow leaves on the top.. but honestly never seen a single insect moving around.. Then the other girls presented minors foliar yellow "holes" like they were eaten by something... but just one or two leaves.. I started a diary if you mind have a look.. will post soon other pics https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=319063

Mystic Funk

hey grandpurple.

those don't look like bug bits to me.. so your in the clear.. for now.
maybe it's the beginning of a nutrient problem?? I wouldn't worry about it.
and like the other guy said. just wash your plant 2 weeks before you chop and you'll be ok.

good luck.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have made many hot pepper sprays ...they work for animals too....yeehaw,,give them a fresh water spray rinse...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I've wondered about this but more so for soil drenches. Does anybody know about making your own hot pepper soil drench mixes? I'm thinking in particular for fungus gnats and root aphids. I don't know what you would want to pH buffer with but I know that the drench would be extremely low pH prior to buffering.

Mystic Funk

I've wondered about this but more so for soil drenches. Does anybody know about making your own hot pepper soil drench mixes? I'm thinking in particular for fungus gnats and root aphids. I don't know what you would want to pH buffer with but I know that the drench would be extremely low pH prior to buffering.

get some beneficial nematodes they kick ass and they reproduce!

amanda88

i used a clove of garlic and something like 0,2grams of hot pepper.. soaked for one day in 1lt of water... then added 5ml of pure neem oil and a tiny amount of natural olive oil soap and sprayed all over the girls and growbox

flowers are small but now i'm concerned that i will feel the hot pepper during the smoke...

girls were 32 days old the day i sprayed

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65419&pictureid=1554193&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65419&pictureid=1554235&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

what do you guys think??

I like the idea of a weed tasting like peppers,

go well with a beer

...lol

Mystic Funk

I like the idea of a weed tasting like peppers,

go well with a beer

...lol

I got some highland Guerrero that smells and taste like garlic/onions..

you could spray that hot pepper stuff on it and you can have some hot chili with your beer..

GrandPurple

thanks for the replies... i was a little bit worried about...but yeah, i could have found my secret ingredient.. impressing my father-in-law.. he loves spicy

all kidding aside, i'm also interested into eventually using this mixture into soil... any suggestions? could hot pepper harm the roots? there is a concentration level that could be dangerous? i don't know, like.. when it comes to be too much?

mufinman

you didn't 'spray' just before lights out, did you? or allot of spray, they might be a little too close to the light and could be burn marks? but I agree with the others.. they don't look bad.. and in your thread it looks like theyre cookin..

MileHighGlass

Use fabric pots as pests can not enter through the material, I.E. smartpots. Pour in nematodes once per month, add rove beetles, and hypoaspis miles, those three together create a defense in the top layer of soil.

Then you pretty much have a barrier around all of your soil. Extremely hard for any pests to invade.

I get a few stray fungus gnats, but they get eaten by my "pitcher" plant.

FYI get some pitcher plants for your grow rooms. They are a carnivorous, and will attract stray gnats and devour them.

corky1968

Veteran
I've been seeing some tiny bugs running around for a few days now and having harvested some
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion peppers last week recently. Not wanting to resort to any chemical
sprays I mashed 2 fresh peppers up in water and added that to my spray bottle.

Seeing how people have made homemade pepper bug sprays with much weaker peppers
like Jalapenos or Habaneros I think this insane pepper will take out anything. So I then I
sprayed all of the tops of my pots getting the soil good and around them.

My only mistake was the fan was on and I tell you this stuff got me good.
My nose is on fire and I'm lucky I didn't get any in my eyes.

I just added a chopped garlic clove to my pepper spray for next time spraying.

M

meowmeowmeow

The oil from the capsaicin is beneficial to the plants (thru absorption) and will eat through the exoskeleton of mites if present.

Grown extremely hot peppers and made ant killer and sprays. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts