What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hempy Bucket STYLE!!!

Hempy Bucket Vs Soil GROW!!
Medium: 3 parts perlite: 1 part vermiculite

Light: 150w HPS Sunsystem Grow light

Grow Space: 2.5x3 Closet

Ventilation: 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter. 8 incj clip on fan

Nutes: Technaflora Recipe for Success kit

Strains Used for 2 Black Soil VS Hempy Buckets is an unknown Strain. I got it out of some bud that a buddy of mine grows in the Appalachian Mountains in Virginia. For this Purpose I am titling it "Mountain Man". Hopefully both seeds are femis.

I started Germination Of the "Mountain Man" seeds on 3/08. Germinated them for 5 days and transplanted into small Soil containers for 4 days. After that i transferred them both to the final 8" container. One container with a miracle gro soil and one with perlite,vermiculite mix. For the first 7 days i watered the seedlings with a mix of 2tsp sugar daddy, 2tsp root 66 , and 1/2 tsp thrive alive b-1 red to one gal of water.

Last edited:
On 3/14 I started germinating two types of seeds for the 2gallon white buckets.

The White Buckets wrapped with duct tape(to prevent algae build up) are strains as follows:

DinaFem SUPER SILVER
ex : Feminized
Type : Indica, Sativa, Indica / Sativa, Mostly sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Haze x Skunk x Northern Lights
Flowering Time : Medium
Indoor Harvest:65-75 Days
Height : Medium
THC Level : 18%-20%
Characteristics : light Haze flavor, aromatic aroma and an almost psychedelic stone

White Widow x Big Bud
Sex : Feminized
Type : Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : White Widow x Big Bud
Flowering Time : Medium
Indoor Harvest: 7-8 Weeks
Height : Medium
THC Level : Med/High
Characteristics : Clear High

On 3/19 5 days later i transplanted the 2 seedlings to final 2.5 gal white(duct taped to prevent algae).One White Widow i transplanted to a 16oz solo cup. Watering everyday with same formula listed above for seedling stage. 2tsp/gal of root 66 and sugar daddy

3/23/12
The pics are from FOUR days ago 3/23/12. I am officialy switching the name Mountain Man to "Mountain Girls" no bad karma!

I started germinating a SnoCap seed in rockwool TODAY(3/23). One of my super silver plants is looking incredible weak as it only produced one cotlydeon leaf. If this plant doesnt make it the Sno cap will take its place. If it survives then another plant added to the harvest.

Last edited:
3/25/12

3/25/12

both of the plants were started at the same time, taken from the same bag of grass(some call bagseed), and are in the exact same size container bought from lowes.

I have been Watering the seedlings with 2tsp/gal of root 66 and sugar daddy by technaflora. I started watering the 3 larger MountainGirls With Veg stage nutes on the 25th. Followed the chart Exactly like it is by technaflora. Spraying the leaves with B-1 green foilar spray.

Last edited:
3/27/2012 UPDATE> NEED EXTRACTION FAN!

3/27/2012 UPDATE> NEED EXTRACTION FAN!

well after an excellent reccomendation and a day worth of thought, I have decided to add an extraction fan in upper left corner of my closet(pic attached). My temps have been anywhere between 80- 88 degrees. With the unseasonable weather last week and not having turned my a/c on, my room got up to 80 therefore the grow room was around 90. This is a future project and I dont kno when it will be finished(as money is an issue) but it is a must. Anybody know of any used extraction fan or any kind of fan anybodys gettin rid of, Let me know..

After researching and some expert advice i have stopped the watering to every other day. after 24 hrs i checked today and the resevoir was about half full. Did the old tip check and water eventually came out. I have been using the B-1 green as a foilar spray while roots are establishing. start giving them veg nutes next feeding.

Having nothing to do with my experiment, One of my Super Silver seedlings is having a rough time. Looked as only one cotyledon leaf grew and after 8 days not much growth at all. IDK any ideas??

Substantial difference in between the Soil bucket and Hempy bucket. The hempy bucket is a good 2 inches taller and looks very healthy. I believe the roots have hit the res, therefore veg nutes next feeding. I have been feeding the seedlings a mix of 2tsp sugar daddy and 2tsp root 66 per 1 gallon of water. they seem to love it with a combo of the foilar spray.

Aside from my proposed project getting under way things seem to be going great. Will post again soon with an update..

Last edited:

Seedlin

Dude I'm a nebee too. Just popped some bag seed and I trying the hempy buckets 18 of em. Coco/perilite and some periltie/vermilite. Gotta learn a little bout indoor before I try some good seed. You seem to be doing well.

lookin good in here matt!!
why thank you brethren. My 1st grow , so definitly needs to be documented. Looks like me buyin a grow light and wanting to grow a few pot plants has turned into a Project. Wanna get this closet as best suited to grow as possible.
Dude I'm a nebee too. Just popped some bag seed and I trying the hempy buckets 18 of em. Coco/perilite and some periltie/vermilite. Gotta learn a little bout indoor before I try some good seed. You seem to be doing well.
Thanks dude that makes me feel good to hear u say that. I just been following advice from alota ppl on here. Theme seem to know wtf there doing. Me, not so much. Dont feel like dumbass because i thought the same thing about bagseed. Thought it was just swag or something. Yea i couldnt wait on the seeds. I germed those 3 bagseeds and AS SOON as i got my package in mail they were germinating. Best of luck my friend!!

I wanna try the Hempy Bucket Style some good time.

Best growluck mattkilla420 :)

Thread subscribed.

HD
THanks dude. Im sure once my results are in you will feel the NEED to start doin Hempy's(Passive Hydro)

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
interesting project grower, ill be watching ...
Keep it up!!!
ps: i grow ww x bb so nice..veri good high and great tasty!!!

someotherguy

Veteran
not that this belongs on hempy bucket thread but i kno alot of ppl read it as a 3 weeks in beginner i had cpl ?'s if i may...

Does anyone know of a step by step tutorial or anybody have some pictures of an installation of an inline duct fan in a closet? How do u mount it , etc. etc. Plan on gettin project done in next month or two and need help?

Also What is the best technique and product to use to hang grow lights.?I.e. 150 watt hps sunsytem.. Any help would be awesome!!

...morning' man and welcome to the hobby although I should warn you that growing is far more addictive than smoking.

...anyway, I'm working with my phone here so posting is a real pain, which means I'm gonna have to post again to share some links for you to study, ...not everyone here is qualified to give advice and as a noob you can't know yet who is or who isn't so your safest and most reliable source of information will be longish threads with many contributors where the advice has been vetted and already found to be useful.

..keep in mind also that while this is all new to you, it isn't new here so ANY question you can think to ask has already been asked and answered MANY times,
..which simply means that hunting for your answers will always be faster and more fruitful than waiting for them.

...in any event, look for a second posting from me with some links to some threads that helped me and, if you study them, they will surely help you too.

Peace, SOG

...morning' man and welcome to the hobby although I should warn you that growing is far more addictive than smoking.
TRUTH!!!

I'm gonna have to post again to share some links for you to study, ...not everyone here is qualified to give advice and as a noob you can't know yet who is or who isn't so your safest and most reliable source of information will be longish threads with many contributors where the advice has been vetted and already found to be useful.
SOG is definitely one of the good guys!! hes the one that really helped me along and pointed me in the right direction in the beginning! Listen to what he has to say!!
when SOG here sends you links, read em!

someotherguy

Veteran
...thanks E.L., ...and you already know I'm just giving back, I'm just sharin' the love that others shared with me.

...plus I've been here a while so I know where to find some good threads, ...there's no way I know where ALL of the good ones are though so just keep diggin', lol

...anyway, here's a bit of research for you, grasshopper

...first up is Hempy's updated coco hempy thread

Coco, hempy style.

...next up is a thread to simplify feeding, as a noob, you want simple until you learn to read your plants. ...btw, I used that Techniflora line myself for a few years but it was always a pain to measure out different mixes depending on lifecycle, now I just add a teaspoon of MaxiBloom per gallon of water.

The K.I.S.S. Method

...now here is a thread discussing vertical growing systems which appeal to many very experienced growers.

Vertical Growing Systems 101

...now here is ScrubNinja's thread on lightproofing intakes.

DIY: a new angle on lightproofing

...now here is Philthy's thread on electrical safety, if you are unfamiliar with electrical stuff then read this thread CAREFULLY.

Philthy's electrical safety thread

...here is a collection of cloning methods compiled by FreezerBoy

a collection of cloning techniques

....now here is a thread that may answer your fan question.

redgreenry's Ventilation 101

...that should keep you busy for a while, lol, I don't want to overload you.

Peace, SOG

Many these things are growin like weeds.
I would say 3/4 - 1 inch a day now. Man these hempy buckets kick ass. The soil plant is doing as most said it would and Burning up. I am going to water it straight water for next few waterings. I am watering every other day since i got my room temps somewhat under control for now. The reservoirs are completly empty after 48 hrs. Still watering the 3 Mgirls with full stength veg state nutes per technaflora. The hempy bucket Mgirl is approx 3" taller than the soil plant and looks a hell of alot better. I am eagerly excited to yield the outcome and just have butterflys in my tummy.
3-29-12_the_grow_2.jpg

All my babies!!
3-29-12_side_by_side_Mgirl.jpg

Side By Side

3-29-12_Mgirl_SOIL.jpg

3-29-12_Mgirl_Hempy_2_.jpg

I am pleased with the growth rate and Will be back wit more updates soon. Damn this growing thing sure is addictive!!

interesting project grower, ill be watching ...
Keep it up!!!
ps: i grow ww x bb so nice..veri good high and great tasty!!!
Thanks man stay in touch. Yea i was recommended the WW x BB bc they said it was easy for beginners and high thc content :)

...anyway, here's a bit of research for you, grasshopper

Thanks a million guy. I actually already been lookin over 2 of those threads . STUDY.STUDY.STUDY. Downloaded the Cervantes bible and cpl vids of his last night. Gonna Blaze some of this Sour Diesl ( or so they call it .120/qtr!) and watch the vids tonight

3-30-12 Grow room construction

3-30-12 Grow room construction

Well here is an update from mj land... So I packed a big fat bowl of sour diesel last night and started watching Jorge Cervantes "Ultimate Grow vol 1" I watched about 2 hours of it then passed out. I am goin to continue the series tonight and finish vol 2 and 3. For anybody whos new or unsure about what they are doing i EXTREMELY reccomend this video. If you want things done right . So after watching heres what i came up with:

1. I need to get some kind of extraction fan asap!
2. Odor is becoming a problem
3. Light is not reflecting off of the closet doors.
4. My electricity needs to be organized and off the ground.

1. So heres what i did... I convenietly had a piece of 4" by 8 ft ducting. I went to lowes and bought a sheetrock saw.(6$) Determined a sufficient spot between two studs and 12" down from the cieling. Traced a 4" circle using the ducting. I used the sheetrock saw to saw through one side of sheet rock. I put 4 holes at top bottom and each side on opposite sheet rock. Went around and connected four holes and traced a perfect circle. Cut it out. Now all this was done while the girls(i HOPE) were out in my sunroom sun bathing. Lots of dust and mess i had to clean up.
3-30-12_grow_room_construction.jpg

3-30-12_grow_room_construction_2.jpg

This is where it comes out!
3-30-12_grow_room_construction_3.jpg

Now because of limited funds right now i decided to go ahead with this project and just use the small 8" fan i already had. Now this fan is only rated for like 60 cfm so i dont plan on it doin a whole lot, but as of now its keepin the temp right at 80.
3-30-12_grow_room_construction_6.jpg

Heres the duct hooked up. Now i might have to occasionaly take the duct off because i think the longer the duct the less air it will move. I do plan on buying a inline fan and carbon filter soon and it will be installed in this ones place.
3-30-12_grow_room_construction_5.jpg

I ran the ducting through both sides of sheet rock and i have it pointing right at a skylight window.

Grow room construction #2 continued

Grow room construction #2 continued

Now for #2 ODOR: i went to local hydro store and got a qt of ONA Polar Crystal aroma. This stuff is bad ass! A great reccomendation from a good guy, I got a few different 2 liter tops from soda bottles and filled them with the crystals and spread them around the room. Now is it safe to put the ONA in the grow room? i have one in there now but if i need to i will take it out! But the smell is controlled for now.
#3 I had the closet doors lined with regular black poly plastic.I did this so light is not coming thru the doors. So at my local grow shop again, i bought 8 ft of "panda" paper. Black on one side and white on the other!! lined the doors the floor and the bottom of shelf with this great stuff!!
#4 I got a surge protector and mounted it and got all my extension cords and appliance cords organized and above ground so water doesnt affect it.
3-30-12_grow_room_construction_4.jpg

After i got fan installed i had to re- mount my closet rack that i have the lights hanging from. The fan is in the way so i raised it 7". Should i lower my light 7" to make up for the light change??
3-30-12_grow_room_construction_7.jpg

THE FINISHED PRODUCT!

I feel really good about everything i got accomplished today and im on my way to having a nice little set up. any comments are welcome.. Thanks.

someotherguy

Veteran
...try not to take on too much too soon man, you can really mess your head up in the beginning.

...go READ that Ventilation 101 thread, Jorge might know his shit but he isn't here to answer questions and that thread is FILLED with ventilation questions and answers, I promise, if you read it you WILL come away with a deeper understanding of airflow and how to make it work for you.

...read the K.I.S.S. thread too man, you won't be sorry.

...btw, look through my galleries for the one marked 'odor control device ' for a good way to use that ONA. ...if you need further explanation just ask.

Peace, SOG

...try not to take on too much too soon man, you can really mess your head up in the beginning.

...go READ that Ventilation 101 thread, Jorge might know his shit but he isn't here to answer questions and that thread is FILLED with ventilation questions and answers, I promise, if you read it you WILL come away with a deeper understanding of airflow and how to make it work for you.

...read the K.I.S.S. thread too man, you won't be sorry.

...btw, look through my galleries for the one marked 'odor control device ' for a good way to use that ONA. ...if you need further explanation just ask.

Peace, SOG

yea i had a feeling i was gonna do that man. My mind is just in overdrive . Yea i been reading those links thanks dude AWESOME info. I see your galleries so i take ur advice no matter what ur rep. thanks whey!

someotherguy

Veteran
You're welcome man and here is a link to the gallery I want you to check out

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=20043

I'd post the pics but its a real pita using a smartphone.

Anyway, good luck and don't forget to enjoy what you're doing, ...and don't be discouraged when you fail, we ALL fail from time to time, if you keep at it each failure becomes a learning experience, true failure only comes if you give up.

Peace, SOG