Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2018, 10:33 PM #3091
Drunken Buddha

Drunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really nice
Alice Is Waiting

Yeah......

Last edited by Drunken Buddha; 07-06-2018 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: .jpg too small
Drunken Buddha is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:26 AM #3092
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Right back at you my friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Please Stand By.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	461920

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:05 PM #3093
Drunken Buddha

Drunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really nice

As real as a dream on Cob can be........

Last edited by Drunken Buddha; 07-08-2018 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: ...

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:16 PM #3094
canna.ballistic

canna.ballistic is a jewel in the roughcanna.ballistic is a jewel in the roughcanna.ballistic is a jewel in the roughcanna.ballistic is a jewel in the roughcanna.ballistic is a jewel in the roughcanna.ballistic is a jewel in the roughcanna.ballistic is a jewel in the rough
Great to see this thread is still going strong and the procedures for cobbing have been evolving and are still being enthusiastically shared.

I should have caught up on this thread and read the latest method on cobbing before I harvested this year. Instead I used the older method (which I had summarised in my notebook last year) of sweating the cobs in the yogurt maker for a few days and then applying an extended ferment / cure ... looks like I will be getting the deeper heavier effects, rather than the stimulating euphoric effects which I prefer (and which has now been well detailed over the past few months as being achieved via a shorter and drier sweat and cure) ... oh well, something to look forward to next year !!

Photos are of some Chimera 'Hawaiian Spice' (slightly seeded) using both loose buds and cobs in vacuum bags. Buds were slowly dried over about 6 days, with resultant moisture content about 70% (when placed in bag for about an hour) ... this is probably getting to the low end of the optimum moisture range for sweating.

Cobs were vac sealed and sweated for 3 days in yog maker, then dried for a few hours before re-binding, resealing and placing back in the yog maker to sweat another 3 days (i.e. 6 days sweat overall !!). Cobs were then dried to about 75% moisture (yes, the moisture content is always higher after the sweat, probably due to the break-down of cell walls and the resultant release of water from the cells), and resealed in vac bags and placed in a cupboard at about 20C for 8 weeks. Photos are of the cobs after drying to about 65% moisture, just before placing them back into the vac bags for aging. I will try a sample in about a month when I open the bags next. Smells were sweet earthy hash.

Similarly, the loose buds were vac sealed and sweated for 3 days in yog maker, then dried for a few hours before re-binding, resealing and placing back in the yog maker to sweat another 3 days (i.e. 6 days sweat overall !!). Buds were then dried to 70% moisture, and resealed in vac bags and placed in a cupboard at about 20C for 8 weeks. Photos are of the buds after drying to about 65% moisture, just before placing them into jars (so as to slowly stabilise the moisture to about 62% by burping) for aging. Smells were very pronounced sharp woody (cedar / pine ?) aromas with softer fruity undertones.

Hawaiian Spice colas (tray is about 450mm long)

Cobs on left, vac sealed buds (canary) on right

Cobs - getting very dark - and probably a deeper and heavier narcotic type effect

Vac sealed bud - more of a lighter brown-green colour - and hopefully more euphoric !!
canna.ballistic is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:24 AM #3095
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Nice job the buds should indeed be more to your taste and should age to a nice golden color.
Dont discount the cobs just yet. The longer slow pre dry will help despite the extended sweating time the fact that they were dryer will help to keep the high up.

They look great and will def be stronger than the bud I am not familiar with the strain but after aging you may be surprised as the stony effects will be replaced with cerebral type effects which may be to your taste after all.
Thanks for posting such a detailed description of your process it will be very important should you or others need to reproduce the cure down the track.
It is by experimenting that we will discover new techniques there is not only one way that works.
Please keep us posted when you test them my friend it will be worth knowing the results.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:59 AM #3096
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Tested the thunk cross cob and all who participated were
elated to say the least.

Bit of a creeper smoked out of a glass hand pipe packed tight,
about a gram for three of us. Full effect evident 10 or 15 minutes.

2 or 3 hits each left us grinning and nodding in approval.

Conversational inducing, music appreciation enhancement,
Jeff Beck, Utopia and Allmans at Filmore East, old school music,
we all pushing 60, lol.

Pulled pork tamales and refried beans and rice, salsa fresca nachos for snacks,
some ice cold canned Tecate beers for libation too.

All happening on the back porch on a cool summer evening overlooking the lake.

Maybe an hour later we took a couple more hits and
such shared soaring long lasting euphoria.

Session was maybe 5 hours, memories to share, friendships to last a lifetime.

(Thai Haze x Sk1) x (nycd x sensi star), cobbed traditional style, cured a couple weeks.

Fuck yeah.

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:41 AM #3097
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropped Cat View Post
Tested the thunk cross cob and all who participated were
elated to say the least.

Bit of a creeper smoked out of a glass hand pipe packed tight,
about a gram for three of us. Full effect evident 10 or 15 minutes.

2 or 3 hits each left us grinning and nodding in approval.

Conversational inducing, music appreciation enhancement,
Jeff Beck, Utopia and Allmans at Filmore East, old school music,
we all pushing 60, lol.

Pulled pork tamales and refried beans and rice, salsa fresca nachos for snacks,
some ice cold canned Tecate beers for libation too.

All happening on the back porch on a cool summer evening overlooking the lake.

Maybe an hour later we took a couple more hits and
such shared soaring long lasting euphoria.

Session was maybe 5 hours, memories to share, friendships to last a lifetime.

(Thai Haze x Sk1) x (nycd x sensi star), cobbed traditional style, cured a couple weeks.

Fuck yeah.
Nice you sold me sounds like something I would like a lot ha ha.
i just had half a trip on some year old GT, the first 4 hours were amazing. I am looking forward to the next 6 the way this is still pumping.
Here's a toast to ganja and the brother hood of the cob my friend.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:26 PM #3098
Drunken Buddha

Old 07-16-2018, 04:35 AM #3099
Tangwena

Psssst wanna get high?

Just tried 0.2g of this cob. Previous test have all be over doses ha ha which is great if you want to leave your body behind ha ha.
This is just right its like being stoned, tripping and speeding at the same time. Very positive feeling but totally unable to do anything other than enjoy the trip.
The best way I can describe the rush it gives is.

You know that feeling you get when you walk into a party.
High as a kite and get such a rush of excitement.
You just know its going to be the best party ever!

Thats it in a nutshell just awesome high.

Malawi x Ethiopia 5 month cured

Old 07-16-2018, 09:25 AM #3100
Mick

Mick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud of
Had .5g of 3 or 4 month cured Malawi last night and had the strangest, trippiest and best time. 20 hours later and still a little blissed.
Mick is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.