Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > How do YOU charge your bio-char?

Thread Title Search
How do YOU charge your bio-char? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2018, 03:53 PM #51
Gr33nSanta

Gr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud of
how about can filters, when they are 2 years old, is not the carbon in them charged? I always throw spent carbon in the outside garden but I want to start keeping it aside to experiment with a sub irrigated plantar full of carbon pellets in the reservoir. Not sure how effective, but I know someone who keeps his homemade biochar in 5 gallon buckets and uses pee to charge it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338819
Gr33nSanta is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:14 AM #52
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nSanta View Post
how about can filters, when they are 2 years old, is not the carbon in them charged? I always throw spent carbon in the outside garden but I want to start keeping it aside to experiment with a sub irrigated plantar full of carbon pellets in the reservoir. Not sure how effective, but I know someone who keeps his homemade biochar in 5 gallon buckets and uses pee to charge it.

I don't use it but pee does work.

Activated charcoal would need to be "charged". Using the word loosely.

Char tends to rob nitrogen and generally needs a food source and/or some microbial activity to give it a JumpStart.

Another avenue is to use 50% marine char for a mineral boost.
h.h. is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:56 PM #53
CannaRed

CannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.h. View Post

Char tends

Another avenue is to use 50% marine char for a mineral boost.
What is marine char? Charred seaweed and other ocean vegetation? Or is it regular char soaked in Sea water?
CannaRed is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2018, 06:40 PM #54
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
Biochar from commercially cultivated seaweed for soil amelioration

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep09665
h.h. is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:56 AM #55
CannaRed

CannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the roughCannaRed is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the link
CannaRed is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 03:38 AM #56
xet

xet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nice
Beautiful, clean coal

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cleancoal1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	462737 Click image for larger version

Name:	cleancoal2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	462738 Click image for larger version

Name:	cleancoal3.jpg