Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > What's wrong with my pepper plant?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
What's wrong with my pepper plant? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2018, 03:21 PM #21
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Happens to the best of us. Cull the infected plants and spray the rest will baking soda 1tbs to a gallon of water.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:37 PM #22
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterhaff View Post
Google fusarium and verticillum wilt, and tomato spotted wilt virus.
i didnt think that either affects pepper plants ... does it???
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2018, 08:00 AM #23
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
i didnt think that either affects pepper plants ... does it???
They all can. Tomatoes and peppers are in the same family, Solanaceae, the nightshade family.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2018, 03:11 PM #24
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterhaff View Post
They all can. Tomatoes and peppers are in the same family, Solanaceae, the nightshade family.
thanks... i always rotate my tomatoes to avoid any blight- but never did with my peppers - i will now...
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2018, 04:42 PM #25
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
I'm going to be very cautious when purchasing plants in the future. Maybe even start from seed from now on.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2018, 04:28 PM #26
margesimp15

margesimp15 will become famous soon enough
baking soda? what this do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Happens to the best of us. Cull the infected plants and spray the rest will baking soda 1tbs to a gallon of water.
margesimp15 is offline Quote

Old 08-30-2018, 12:40 AM #27
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Thought I'd give an update on the surviving plants. My jalapeno pepper is doing great and has a peppers all over it. I ate one the other day and it was delicious! No signs of disease at all and I didn't change my care routine so I now know that I wasn't killing it or my other plants that were sick.

My tomato plant obviously has spotted wilt but has show some resistance to the disease and has managed to power through it unlike the last one that was completely wiped out by the spotted wilt. The growth has been stunted, as well as fruit production but I've managed to harvest a few dozen tomatoes already with many more on the way! I'm glad that I only culled two of my plants and gave these ones a chance.

Last edited by JustSumTomatoes; 11-24-2018 at 09:49 AM..
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 08-30-2018, 01:17 AM #28
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by margesimp15 View Post
baking soda? what this do?
Baking soda raises the ph on the surface of the leaf, changing the ion balance which cause fungus cells to collapse.

It is effective as a preventive against PM and fungus.

I spray weekly starting in the spring. Simple and cheap.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:30 PM #29
al70

al70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Baking soda raises the ph on the surface of the leaf, changing the ion balance which cause fungus cells to collapse.

It is effective as a preventive against PM and fungus.

I spray weekly starting in the spring. Simple and cheap.
WoW, i didn't know about this L.B., do you use it on your cannabis plants ?

Old 08-30-2018, 05:19 PM #30
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
Yeah isnt milk classically sprayed on plants for the same reason but as well as raising pH and having some calcium it also encourages lactobacillus to outcompete pathogenic bacteria..
Lost in a SOG is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.