What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please describe to me the most effective drip system u have ever seen for Coco

I have been growing in Coco for 12 years straight now. The last five years I've been doing flood and drain bucket systems in large commercial grows.
Ive now decided to scale way way back, and I'm actually enjoying my job again. Im doing a small Hydro grow, under 4 lights with Dimilux 1000 watt DEs. Im going to run the Dimilux Maxi controller. With all the accessories. The info red temp camera that reads the plant stomata opening and closing, and temp sensor of plants, for hopefully a fully controlled VPD system.
Ive run probably hundreds of drip systems over the years. Thought the last 5 years I've completely avoided it with the Green oxygen pot system by my boy Brad.
Well if any body has any links to some of the best drip system you've seen id appreciate it.
Ill start uploading pics soon of my set up.
Its already 90% built.
Ive decided to run "sea of green for the first time in 19 years. I have 2 4x8 white trays. They are butted up against each other for an even 8x8 growing area. Ive constructed a perfect box around them, with a 9 foot ceiling.
I also have it built as a perfectly sealed room, with a 3 ton Air Conditioner with the condenser outside, copper line ran into garage with a handler in the garage. I have two 12 inch ducting intakes into the Flowering box with an equal return to the handler.
Im going to run 125 plants in 1 gallon plastic grow bags packed together in each tray. So a total to 250 plants under 4k lights.
Going to use the Nano 2" tube to extract a little more heat from each light.
But the 3 ton is going to be more than efficient in cooling the room.
Super excited to run my first fully VPD perfected room.
I also have 2 Dehus I'm hanging from the ceiling of grow box that will be controlled by the Dimlux maxi controller.
Outside the room i have a rectangle 200 gallon Res with a temp large pump, PVC connected into the room with a hose and watering wand to hand water these 250 babies until 12/12 which will be in about 4-5 days.
oh ya, I'm running 4 strains only, that i know very well and have grown many times.
Gelato 33, Mendo breath phone 1, Mendo breath phone 2, Tahoe OG.
So i have everything covered, except, I'm interested in others ideas toincoorperate the perfect automated drip system, drain to waste.
I've already plumbed my two tray to run off into my garage sewage plug. every thing is sealed tight. I have some light sealing to accomplish before 12/12.
But i will add pics by tonight or tomorrow, latest.
Thanks guys!
Heres my Tahoe on a usual run.

Attachments

• IMG_6566.jpg
    IMG_6566.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 23

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Sounds like a good time

Sounds like a good time

Can’t say no to a good time. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing what goes down in there. Oh and I have had good luck with black hole drippers

Last edited:

starke

Wish I could answer your dripper question but I only grow in Hempy Buckets. I have got to sub to your grow, however, just to watch it all work. :lurk:

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Go to the coco forum and look at Hundred Gram Ozs thread "A few things I learned ..

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Crap, I deleted the text lol

Why coco? It's a gnat infestation waiting to happen. I suppose you could cook it

One of the best grows I ever did was a DIY drip system back in May 14. I combined Air Pots with ornamental stone + Hydro Halo drip rings. Pump was on a deep cycle timer. I was probably flooding every hour or 2. I will probably do this again for my next grow

The air pots kept the roots air trimmed.

The stones work great, just raise the rings a few inches above the surface and you minimize channeling. They are also super easy to clean and reuse endlessly

The problem I had was clogging drip rings. In retrospect, DM Zone or it's equivalent probably would have solved that

This was before I realized how cheap tents were compared to building a 2 x 4 frame with associated nuts and bolts

Here's the correct pic from May of 14 + what the stones look like in my DIY F & D set up

View attachment 453747 View attachment 453748

1/4” open tubing (no drip), 20-30 seconds, 3-6 times per cycle.
Coco and cannabis love this.

hmmmm no drippers? this just got me highly intrigued. Im gonna look into how this works.
Hers a quick couple shots of how I'm sitting right now.
Im gone get these droppers dialed in right now and get the 230 plants in tonight.
Ill also check the thread in the coco forums somebody mentioned above.
Thanks for the ideas guys. Ive always enjoyed the endless info on growing here on IC. Not sure but i believe I've been drifting these forums off and on for decades.
I think you can check on my profile and see some of my previous grows from well over a decade ago to reference how high my quality was way way back in the days. Well lets just say my quality has progressed to a level I'm pretty proud of. This is my 25th year growing 365 days a year 7 days a week with no breaks. And just when i think I've seen it all, i learn something new.
The lights in my little 4 lighter are just temp 1000 watt MH hydro farms for my short veg, before i swap out for the Dimlux system for flowering.

C

cooterbrown420

i run pvc pipe to octa bubblers for my drip system and it works flawlessly. For 4 lights or less I think a mondi sump pump would be strong enough.