What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Day 14 flower ace tropical mix unknown strain

Kaskadian

Veteran
Ph going in 6.0
Ph going out ~5.8
Tds going in 610
Tds going out 710

PH is fine.

That TDS number seems really high to me. In full flower I'm at 400 PPM - 80-100 PPM (Tap Water) = 300-320 PPM on my sativas. My guess is that you've got some pretty high ppm tap water. What does your water source look like; are you using tap water and just phing it?

jonhova

That’s correct. Should i try distilled? What’s the range for healthy plants?
I dont habe an EC meter :(

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
That’s correct. Should i try distilled? What’s the range for healthy plants?
Thanks for the help!

Okay brother, I gotta be honest this isn't really my area of expertise and I'd strongly recommend getting additional feedback for someone with more knowledge about water quality, etc.

My thoughts are this... lets say your tap is 300ppm (I don't know what it actually is), I'm not sure what is in this water that gives it such a high reading. I'm sorry if you answered this one already, but are you growing in straight perlite or coco + perlite? I only see the top layer of perlite. Either way lets assume you're watering everyday; if I had to guess based on the information you've provided and the pictures it looks like nutrient burn to me. I would assume that whatever is in your water + your nutrients is enough that it's causing stress to the plants.

Looking back early into the grow you were doing fine at 1-1.5g of Maxibloom consider dialing it back there if need be to see if there is any improvement. I have to say again brother this is NOT my area of expertise but all signs are pointing towards nutrient burn and if you're not seeing pests and your PH, temps, etc are good I don't really see what else it could be. I've never used distilled water, but I've used RO + 99% of the time I'm using my tap water. I'd look into that one more.With sativas I rarely exceed 400ppm and for hybrids I'm maxing between 600-900 ppms. Tap water can be deceptive though since without a report we can't really be sure what's in this water.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(

jonhova

Thats good infomation kaskadian.
400 total i see.
I can get ahold of some RO water and mix it up with my tap water.
You know when they write guides for k.i.s.s. They do not tell you to take into account your hard ass water :rasta: probably an outlier in terms of water quality

If you dont mind i’ll copy your formula for success :rasta:

100 ppm water + 300 ppm nutes = 400 ppm total
This is a learning experience im glad to have gone through and will make my mext go so much easier.

Oh and yes i am using 100% perlite. Im sick of perlite or more precisely my girlfriend telling me where theres perlite in the house hahaha. Next time will be coco/perlite for sure.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Thats good infomation kaskadian.
400 total i see.
I can get ahold of some RO water and mix it up with my tap water.
You know when they write guides for k.i.s.s. They do not tell you to take into account your hard ass water :rasta: probably an outlier in terms of water quality

If you dont mind i’ll copy your formula for success :rasta:

100 ppm water + 300 ppm nutes = 400 ppm total
This is a learning experience im glad to have gone through and will make my mext go so much easier.

Oh and yes i am using 100% perlite. Im sick of perlite or more precisely my girlfriend telling me where theres perlite in the house hahaha. Next time will be coco/perlite for sure.

I think for us brother whether we're using perlite/coco/coco-perlite/or hydro it's basically all the same method. We treat perlite/coco as hydroponics in that we're watering + feeding them daily. I think without soil to buffer what's in our water the quality of our water becomes much more important. Constant exposure to water + nutrients makes it easier for things to get out of wack of there is an issue.

DISCLAIMER: This is just my theory. I'm not very knowledgeable with the effects of water quality, etc. I'm really hoping someone with more knowledge/experience in this matter chimes in and lets us know exactly the effect that this has.

If your water is 400 ppms I'd consider installing an RO system just for drinking purposes. The only problem with RO water is that it removes EVERYTHING from the water good/bad. Mainly with RO water you'll see cal/mag deficiencies happen first because you usually get these minerals in your tap water. If you're using Maxibloom though you're getting a decent amount of cal + mag in there already.

Earlier this year I bought one of these RO systems and it took about an hour to install. This system makes about 50 gallons per day which is more than enough for a small home grower like myself. You may need to look into other systems depending on your water usage. Only tool I needed was a drill + 1/4" drill bit. We use this for drinking water, and now I'm using this RO water to flush my plants. If you find that using RO water makes a big difference I'd eventually consider buying an RO system yourself instead of buying it by the gallon. See how it works first brother before you buy it. I don't think RO is necessarily the best water because it strips good stuff out too, but if you have really hard water it might be a better alternative if you supplement calcium & magnesium to make up for that being removed.

https://www.amazon.com/APEC-5-Stage...9454&sr=8-1&keywords=apec+water+filter+system

picture.php

Kaskadian

Veteran
Brudduh, be sure to follow up with us and let us know what's going on. I'm hoping you see some improvements. :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This one is fattening up. I notice bad tacoing. Is that nute or ph related? Very branchy. Double the volume of leaf mass and triple the mass of buds for sure. Pistils are turning brown and looks to finish soon i think. Baby leaves near the tops of the colas look sad and wilted. Resin is starting to cover a lot of sugar leaves and buds. Every leaf tip looks burned from using slightly too high ph weeks back.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Hi jonhova,

Looks like there's some problems with your feedings and ph.
Please, make sure you are dealing with your plants in the correct Ph range for your growing media.

The leaf damage, leaf curling and early maturation are probably due to incorrect ph+overfeeding and peaks of hot temps. Looks like you have very wild sativa phenos there so try to feed them gently with EC around 0.6-0.8 until they show a correct flowering. They still have the potential of producing new waves of flowering with proper growing conditions.

jonhova

Hi dubi

I really overestimated how many plants i could comfortably have in my cab. 2 big sativas doesn't work at all. Bending was too much. With 2 squat indica dom strains or 1 sativa dominant works better. The LEDS are strong. if any closer than 3” ,there’s leaf bleaching and bud tip bleaching. I decided to go water only from here out on week 11 flower.

Ph at 6.0 amd tds at 100 PPM before light nutes at 2 grams per gallon to bring it up to around 400 ppm. Seems thats the sweet spot. I wish i would have known TDS was so important nefore week 9/10. Thanks KASKADIAN.

The two phenos i have couldn't be more different. One is branchy, thick and dark leaves color and responds to big feedings and grows like a typical hybrid bud structure. The other is delicate, smaller, extremely sensitive to nutes and bad TDS. I think it was stunted by the high TDS FRANKLY. All its bud formation is fox tails very cool looking bud. Not too fun to trim lots of tiny leaves.

I think ill be popping kalichina or a very indica dom seed in the near fiture and applying the knowledge i got from this grow to the next. Then go back to zamaldelica.

I learned that flowering barely rooted clones doesn't work! Next time ill take clones and let them veg a bit before flipping the switch.
Thank you for your advice DUBI and the community.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jonhova,

Thanks for your kind reply and i apologize for not chime in earlier to try to correct the failures that could be happening during the grow. I just wish you have had a smoother cycle, but probably some of the genetics included in the tropical mix are not the easiest to grow indoors unless you are an experienced indoor sativa grower.

I think you are going to love Kali China, for its finished product and for is easy behaviour and fast flowering, it would be a perfect choice for your upcoming grow after this difficult ride.
Anyway, I pm you to talk about it! ;)

jonhova

Week 12 flower/ trichome shot/ spider mites are coming!

Week 12 flower/ trichome shot/ spider mites are coming!

Anybody know how many more weeks according to the trichomes?Its week 12 this weekend and i just saw spider mites fuckin webs on some branches :( im gonna head to the hydro shop and see what organic products they have.

I read that spider mites love hot weather and seeing as its really starting to heat up here i will propbably just wait until the sunner passes to start growing again.

Have a nice weekend to all :)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

jonhova

Chopped yesterday . Cobbing tonight. The sativa pheno yield is gonna be light. the other pheno put out a decent yield.

SolarLogos

I can't wait to hear how they smoke. I've got 2 of the viet black pheno's that should be ready to come down in maybe a weeks time. I've never tried viet black or OE, but if I get a chance to try mine before you try yours, then I will let you know how mine smokes so you can have an idea on what to expect if you like. Praying for a happy laugh our asses off smoke!
Peace

jonhova

24 hour sweat
4 week cure
Im excited!

If you havent read brother TANGEWENA’s thread on cobbing do yourself a favor and read that shit post haste :)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's great jonhova :) Congrats on the harvest and enjoy your well deserved cobs!

jonhova

Smoke test

Smoke test

Orient express (vietnam black sativa) review

I cobbed my buds 2 weeks ago. 24 hour sweat then checked them after a week then cobbed them uptill yesterday.
I had some friends over for dragon ball z monopoly. We did about 5 bowls between 2 bros over the night.
Id like to say i had the time of my life playing games with my friends. We were laughing and carrying on like kids! Music sounded great and i had no heavy eyes or sedated feeling. I could talk and there was no ceiling. One big thing is i have a sensitive throat so i dont like harsh buds. This was very smooth on the enano with the d20-d water pipe. No throat irritation. I could keep smoking this bud all day long.

I prefer this type of weed to dutch hybrids. They always felt muddy and sedating unlike a nice sativa.

For those who like to mix a bit of beer with your weed, i recommend it!