What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'They want me to fight China. It’s gonna be a massacre!' - Duterte to RT

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
quite an interesting interview. he sounds quite reasonable when you listen to him. of course killing addicts is wrong, but letting drug lords destroy the fabric of the nation by corrupting the new generation with hard core addiction also can't be tolerated.

i don't know much about the Philippines, but i have to say, he doesn't sound as bad as they make him out to be in the media. amazingly forthright about things.

[YOUTUBEIF]rHjlCmdyesY[/YOUTUBEIF]

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
While I generally regard him as a lunatic, one has to take into account their situation. They are directly in the stream of ludicrously cheap drugs produced in China as it floods abroad.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
in the interview he says cops should try to arrest the dealers and what he calls drug lords, but if they resist at all, he says kill them. it's harsh, but don't the US cops operate the same way? if you resist arrest you will get shot, or am i wrong?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the worst part in my opinion is that he's treating low level addicts the same as the ones getting rich from the trade. apparently it's so scary to be an addict there, that many have volutarily turned themselves in and are sitting in over crowded prisons because it's safer then being free. pretty evil, but how would you free a country like that from Cartels?

K

kopite

in the interview he says cops should try to arrest the dealers and what he calls drug lords, but if they resist at all, he says kill them. it's harsh, but don't the US cops operate the same way? if you resist arrest you will get shot, or am i wrong?

I think that depends on your colour....

geneva_sativa

God damn right they do :fsu:

Many times the people they blast to hell are not even related to the people they are looking for.

CaptainDankness

I think that depends on your colour....

It does not matter on color, just 2 days before Christmas a white man was shot dead running away unarmed from the police, so he wouldn't spend the holidays in jail. In a small white town and related to friends of mine.

Per capita black people are killed more often, but in total white people are killed by police much more often.

Nobody should be killed over drugs nobody should be killed by police unless they are trying to attack them. Should be the same as any other citizen you are allowed to kill someone only if you are fearing for your life. But cops never get charged with murder.

Drugs should be legal in a free country if you take drugs well that's freedom of choice. I don't agree with Duterte of course the Middle East is much worse. In Gaza the penalty for smoking hashish is 1 year in jail then death by beheading. Nobody should be killed for drugs!!

Murder, rape, pedophilia sure hang them all. Drugs? Fuck no!!

CaptainDankness

the worst part in my opinion is that he's treating low level addicts the same as the ones getting rich from the trade. apparently it's so scary to be an addict there, that many have volutarily turned themselves in and are sitting in over crowded prisons because it's safer then being free. pretty evil, but how would you free a country like that from Cartels?

Only way to put an end to the cartels is to legalize all drugs. The Chinese built our railroads in America for dirt cheap and just wanted the freedom to smoke opium.

Nothing wrong with getting high, most of us enjoy getting high. It's hypocritical to treat people like shit just because they don't prefer cannabis like most of us. Sure cannabis is safer but some people just love other drugs. I was addicted to opiates before and I was able to kick them, I still enjoy a pill once in a while I just know better than to get addicted again. Same with many other people, a small tax on drugs will be fine just to offer hardcore addicts help for free.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Listening to the interview, I understand he is saying that the Philippines would never win a war with China. He says he lacks weapons such as missiles,cruise missiles, to be offensive and if China "bombed this town" it would be a massacre.

He may be a madman, but he isnt stupid.

He operates with impunity. Our cops with just a tad less

Slim Pickens

Veteran
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...son-will-be-killed-if-he-is-involved-in-drugs

I wonder if Duerte will give his son a pass if found guilty? Lucky him getting a trial and due process. All of Duerte's other victims just got a bullet.

He made a statement to the press that was published,that he would kill his own children if he found them using dugs...in the meantime...

that Duterte guy needs a beer and a joint or something

He already has a prescription for Fetanyl.(according to a news report).

But...the guy is a confessed killer,claiming to have personally killed 1,000.

Lunatic?

Yep...at the minimum.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I was deported a month or so before Duterte became President of the Philippines, so my last years there were under P-Noy Aquino as President.....Duterte and P-Noy are like chalk and cheese.

Duterte' is the drinking, singing womanizer, P-Noy was kinda effete, never seen in any romantic liaison, and most thought that he was a closet gay.

Shabu (methamphetamine) has always been an ever increasing problem in the Philippines. I have seen that problem mushroom since the early 1980's when I first visited. 30-35 years later it was/is epidemic. I don't agree that killing meth-heads, dealers and distributors is the answer though, but looking at the screwed up, constipated and antiquated judicial system in the Philippines I am not surprised that the locals support this kind of vigilante' type of justice, because Shabu/meth has been decimating their already delicate society for decades.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i do agree of course, killing is not the answer to drug problems, it's a medical issue after all.

hard problem to beat non the less, totally legalization will possibly lead to a nation of meth heads? is there such a thing is clean meth that doesn't kill you in a short time? i know in Switz they have Heroin programs for heavy addicts, but they won't allow coke programs as it's too detrimental to health.