What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 outdoor central oregon .

Dankwolf

Strains will be

1# cotton candy clone
2# GG4 clone
3# cherry pie clone from selected seed
4# sour dissel clone from selected seed dating back to early 2000 personal stock.

back up strains will be (blueberry Indica x ? ) From early 2000 bagseed and a pure red string Thai stick seeds from 1970s bag seed.

Will be starting strains inside (march) and veging for 1 to 2 months and put out side in 30 gallon containers in a glass green house for the first month out side. then transpanted to 300 to 500 gallon organic soilless/soil filled potters for each plant .placed in a open areawith full sun all day (should be april -may by this point ). Then by september i will build another green house around plants to allow a full season finish .

Not sure on green house dimensions yet but i am sure it will be heated this year . my plan is to use a donated used gas fire place for heat and possibly co2 .

Last edited:

Dankwolf

Decided to start a few blueberry x ? Seeds aswell for a back up should the sour d or the cherry pie seeds not work out. seeds are from early 2000 and came out of some blueberry indica bag weed from the oregon coast.

Dankwolf

Decided to start a few 1970s red string Thai stick seeds for the hell of it. Viability is not the best (about 10% )but maybe do a big Thai tree lol.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Looking like a nice plan, great genetics choices also.
70's red string Thai stick sounds great. Can't wait to see this season.

Dakine

Veteran
Aww shiet. Can't believe I didn't even know about this grow.. can't wait bro

Dankwolf

Have to restart seeds due to rot

Have to restart seeds due to rot

Well i am going to have to restart seeds got behind with my outdoor prep/start due to rebiulding my indoor flowering room after pm outbreak.

Last edited:

Dankwolf

New seed/strain list. I ran out of charry pie seeds for now.

New seed/strain list. I ran out of charry pie seeds for now.

Soaking seeds for 1-2 days then will put in plastic bags with damp paper towel till i see tails then they will be planted in a soiless mix.

Seeds

1# Bag seed Blueberry x ?(unkown) coastal strain
2# hawian f5 (skunky/cookies&cream) × f4 sour d
3# sour d x sour d from early 2000
4# supposed rks seeds from top shelf farms in bend oregon

Clones that will be ran no matter what

4# cotton candy clone
5# gg#4 clone

Last edited:

Dankwolf

For old seeds like the 70s Thai i force open seed pods for better germantion.

For old seeds like the 70s Thai i force open seed pods for better germantion.

With seeds older then 10 years old or seeds that have high value i first lightly sand edhes of seeds with a nail file . then soak for a few days in water .after that i pull seeds out of water . then apply presure with twizers to sides of seed shell to lightly open it enough to get a small knife in between shell opening and force open exposing seedling . then place exposed seedlings in a damp/wet paper towel in a zip lock bag and place bag in a warm dark place 70 to 75 degress till i see obvious . soon as i see a good half inch of growth seedlings then in to 4 inch potters.this technique has much higher germantion rate that is needed for old seeds.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Decided to start a few 1970s red string Thai stick seeds for the hell of it. Viability is not the best (about 10% )but maybe do a big Thai tree lol.

OK ..I'm SUBBED NOW! You hade me at "Thai Stick"...lol(actually this is a area I am closely looking to to retire too) love central Oregon

Dankwolf

I'm subbed for the Thai Stick tree!

No guarantees on thai tree but i do guarantee that if any of the seeds take i will do an open pollination (yes i would make them aviable by a donation to ic)and run a clone or 2 indoor.my out door garden is just a oregon rec garden and i am limited to 4 plants so the thai my not make the cut .i am not sure i can pass up doing the tree time will tell

Dankwolf

Looking for input on my on the cheap horse manure plan ?

Looking for input on my on the cheap horse manure plan ?

I am pretty much broke for soil funds for this years out door so i was thinking of making a horse manure/native soil mix to use . i am trying to use ingredients that i all ready have .any input would be appreciated.

Native soil is the common eastern oregon sandy look.

horse manure is from a compost pile of 1 through 5 year old manure that is broke down nicely . horse's were feed alfalfa mainly but pile contains some hay from stall floors (15% or so). I can dig and only use 5 or so year old manure or only use 1 year old manure or both?

My thoughts so far are to mix

1 part native soil
1/2 part sunshine peatmoss.
1 part horse manure compost
1/3-1/2 part custom soil amendment ?

Custom soil amemdment recipe

2.5 cups grden lime ( buffer / cal-mag )
5 cups kelp meal ( 1-0.1-2 )
5 cups gandular humic acid ( no npk value )
5 cups neam seed meal ( 6-1-2 / pest detorant)
5 cups alfalfa meal ( 2.5-0.5-2.5 /growth hormone )
5 cups high phosphorus bat guano ( 0-7-0 )
1 medium bag/ part fine organic Diatomaceous earth ( calcium/ silicon / pest detorant/low k stabalizer )
1 bag/part .5 cu ft worm castings ( nitrogen/potash)
1 bag/part .5 cu ft ancient forest ( humus )
1 bag/part .5 cu ft mushroom compost ( beneficial fungi )
1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket chicken manure high in calcium (from my laying chickens ) also cotanins about 10% pine/ceder beding and about 10% fire place ash. ( npk diversity )

The final soil mix will be watered with high brix molasses and allowed to sit for at least 45 days .

Last edited:

Dankwolf

Up potted clones from 2 gallon pots to 5 gallon bags so far so good considering the way 2017 is treating me lol.
Last pic shows true color and the nice double serrated leafs of cotton candy.

Dankwolf

Strian list keeps changing.

Strian list keeps changing.

Got a new strain so hopefully i can get her big for this season .shes called affie circa 1972-1976 . supposed to be vary skunky .