What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ECSD x StarDog, 79' XMAS bud, yeti F3 and whatnot

TPFTFW

Veteran
Hey brother awesome room Ur working in man, you say it's your buddies you said?? Either way it's looking proper, I'll be subbed up for this. If u don't mind me asking what the background on the 86 skunk cut also is it a road kill type of skunk or a sweet fruity type skunk?? I'm curious because it seems like the skunk line has been diluted quite a bit in the past years, and has been selectively bred for the more fruity/sweet traits. So I'm wondering if your 30 year old skunk cut is the real deal old school skunk funk many are trying to find again. Anyways tpftfw I wish you all the best good luck with your search!

You say it's your buddies***??

Nah the room is mine, I was saying I got a homie to get his med card and have his fam sign up under him so I could do my pheno hunts at his house.. He never has any smoke so I told him if he wants some HES gonna have to work for it. Lol

The room and the skunk are mine.. As are the seeds, I'll just be pheno hunting at his house

As far as the skunk goes, it smells like raw hash skunk.. Makes the room smell like the bud does when you smoke it.. Almost has incense properties in that sense.. Makes the room smell like a jar full of skunk.

It can come out a lot differently from run to run, and nute regimen to nute regimen.. Sometimes smelling like old school Thais and Hawaiians with heavy skunk tones or sometimes smelling like burnt rubber and skunk.. The only thing IT ALWAYS smells like is hash and skunk. It's def not roadkill but it def isn't fruity BS either. All the heads say they haven't smoked it since the early 90's.. Old heads flip out when this jar gets popped.
It isn't the MOST potent fresh but after a few month cure it's very noidy.. Up until then it's very relaxing and the high lasts a long time

TPFTFW

Veteran
Pulling up my bean bag for the show!

Great line-up homie.

Nice to have ya homie! Really excited that these Christmas buds faired better then the last. So far I think I have about 20 in cups.

Also on that note I've been chatting with the homie and Ill be getting some other goodies in a day or two, the Herat Afghanistan landrace called ratty and the original release of clusterfunks (both for preservation) as well as some other gifts that I'm rather excited about.

Here some info on Herat back in the day

https://anarcholoco.wordpress.com/herat-afghanistan-a-leap-back-in-time/

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Just a little over Half way there..

My back says fuck seeds, but my heart says differently. Lol
picture.php

TPFTFW

Veteran
Ok just got more seeds. Including Apollo 11 and blowfish, more AFFIE landraces and tons of other awesome shit..

I'll be popping

10 - clusterfunks
10 - Herat heirloom AFFIE aka "ratty"
10 - mystery Indicas

I only got about 14 of the Hollywood pure Kush S1's to pop so I'll be cracking another 20-30 or so..

It's about to get real AFFIE up in here

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm tuned in for that '79 Xmas too...hahaha...

Seems like I remember hearing about "those old pine tree christmas flowers" from some of the old timers in MI...they always spoke of it with a longing in the eye. That come around once a year bud.

Hope you have the same stock going! :lurk:

dank.Frank

TPFTFW

Veteran
I'm tuned in for that '79 Xmas too...hahaha...

Seems like I remember hearing about "those old pine tree christmas flowers" from some of the old timers in MI...they always spoke of it with a longing in the eye. That come around once a year bud.

Hope you have the same stock going! :lurk:

dank.Frank

My grand father pumped out 100's of pounds of straight pine smelling bud every year outdoors.. Still some of the best weed I've ever smoked. It was a NL clone obtained from Canadian bikers in Wisconsin around 83-87..

Unfortunately he was busted mid 2000's and the clone was lost.. That was the first plant I ever grew besides a mids plant very early on.

Here's some recent shots of the XMAS BUD #3.14

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also about to put the pre soviet affies from Herat Afghanistan aka "ratty" into solo cups, some F1 clusterfunks from bodhis original release and some mystery pre soviet affies from the early 70's.. And speaking of NL I just put 12 of (pacific G13 x BCSC NL#5) into paper towel.

BrainSellz

Veteran
#3.14, lol dope! The NL cross should make for something very interesting. I still love a properly grown NL#5, cannot mistake that smell or taste for anything. Going to be interesting to see what comes of all these beans.

TPFTFW

Veteran
straight fishscale..

Straight acetone wash..

Lolololol

#3.14, lol dope! The NL cross should make for something very interesting. I still love a properly grown NL#5, cannot mistake that smell or taste for anything. Going to be interesting to see what comes of all these beans.

Haha yeah I thought it was funny.. I only got 1 out of the first 25 to get above ground and keep going.. This is the 2nd batch of 25 and I have about 15.. So really excited about that. And I'd agree with the NL note, they should be really awesome.. The name of the cross is gordys spice #18 and I think they're about 10 years old.. Motarebel made them.. He doesn't have any left and I don't think he has either of the parents anymore so I'll actually be making more stock for him.

nice thread! beautiful strains and pics! good work!

Thanks.. It's getting there, it's hard moving from a perfect space in every way, to a tent.. But one needs to be like water..

So total tallys so far for ABOVE ground is

XMAS BUD - 15
Yeti F3 - 7
ROACH BUD (86 skunk x yeti) - 17
ECSD X stardawg - 3
Hollywood pure kush S1's - 8

And just put into cups with healthy tap roots

Clustefunks - 7
Herat, Afghanistan heirloom landrace "ratty" - 4
Mystery 70's affie - 4

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Also I will soon be getting some 77' Hawaiin Red bud seeds that have been in a match box since 77.. So hopefully I can get at least a few to germinate

Cannavore

Veteran
Xmas bud is definitely an affie or nl or hybrid of the two. Smoked that a lot here on the east coast for a decade plus. Lots of pine but also smelled like a full turkey dinner.

TPFTFW

Veteran
Xmas bud is definitely an affie or nl or hybrid of the two. Smoked that a lot here on the east coast for a decade plus. Lots of pine but also smelled like a full turkey dinner.

It's def an affie or heavy affie Dom.. Just from the way it grows alone..

Also forgot to mention i sourced (a new homie has) what is very likely to be the original Gainesville green.. Been smoking on it for a few weeks.. One of the dankest sativas I've smoked as of yet.. It gets you so high that you don't know if you just had a train of thought or audibly said a sentence.. And also makes you wonder if you even said the words right..

I'll be bringing old school back like a mother fucker

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Every year that pinetree X-Mas bud came around the upper East Coast and it was such a treat.
Made the mistake of drinking whisky and then at the end of the night sparked up a X-Mas tree joint. Blacked out and woke up spitting blood in the sink from a fight I got into. Dont remember any of it.
LOVE me some pinetree! Miss it sooo much.

TPFTFW

Veteran
Tuned in for this one.

Sweet

Every year that pinetree X-Mas bud came around the upper East Coast and it was such a treat.
Made the mistake of drinking whisky and then at the end of the night sparked up a X-Mas tree joint. Blacked out and woke up spitting blood in the sink from a fight I got into. Dont remember any of it.
LOVE me some pinetree! Miss it sooo much.

Lol, that's never good.. I've had my fair share of black outs.. Weirdest one was either waking up 4 states away with a dog, a bag of kibble and 4 oz's of ECSD.. Or the time I woke up in a wheel barrel with a chicken sitting on me. There's more but I'll just leave that subject be. Lol

I'm very excited about the Xmas buds and the one I have in flower is showing great promise. I'm thinking I'll take two cuts off it so I can use one to throw in the breeding tent.. Knock it up with a few thangs.

You've got my attention!

Cool beans.. I hope to deliver.. Lol

Here's my current bloom room.. It's getting there. This isn't gonna be the best run.. But it'll do.
picture.php

Here's a skunk dom roach bud
picture.php

Here's a frosty roach bud male
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: