What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bench - Pressed For Space grow

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn man, and I thought I was popping a bunch of varieties at one time... sick line up... with these genetics, I would invest in an EZ clone to help insure that you back up all these seedlings.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh my goodness bench...lol....that is a serious amount of seed there...!!!

:respect:

BKGK Bx1 - correction... ;)

dank.Frank

B

bench warmer

Hey guys... Thanks for popping in.

Infintesimal... I used my 60 site ez cloner for the first time on the clones pictured above.
Had about 50% success on that first run.. Results should improve substantially over the next couple of runs. Keep up your great plants & thread man. :yes:

Frank.. Thanks for the heads up on the BKGK... I'd honestly forgot it was the BX1.
Not having read all the info on this forum re. BKGK and it's relatives yet I look forward to reading up on it in the near future. I'm already super happy to have the seeds... I'll be intolerably giddy when I've absorbed the info re. it's details. :woohoo:

greenluv707... Amen brother. :D

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys... Thanks for popping in.

Infintesimal... I used my 60 site ez cloner for the first time on the clones pictured above.
Had about 50% success on that first run.. Results should improve substantially over the next couple of runs. Keep up your great plants & thread man. :yes:

OH right on... I assumed by the pics you posted a while back that you were cloning in party cups...

and thanks man... same to you!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I should have some Bx1 shots up by years end. Got a few (from seed) at 15 days now, and they are just starting to resin up. Going to be a nice round of them I do believe...

Impressive amount of variety for certain...you'll be like a kid in a jelly belly store soon...not knowing which flavor to pick and mix...hehehe

dank.Frank

B

bench warmer

OH right on... I assumed by the pics you posted a while back that you were cloning in party cups...

and thanks man... same to you!

The clones took forever to root and then I decided to put them into the party cups immediately after they finally rooted..
Had very little idea how to use the cloner at first.
The water was always way too warm in spite of my only running the pump for 15 seconds per hour & placing frozen water bottles in the reservoir at regular intervals. :dunno: ...Hence, the low success rate. Got a few other ideas to up the odds of 100% success someday.

I should have some Bx1 shots up by years end. Got a few (from seed) at 15 days now, and they are just starting to resin up. Going to be a nice round of them I do believe...

Impressive amount of variety for certain...you'll be like a kid in a jelly belly store soon...not knowing which flavor to pick and mix...hehehe

dank.Frank

Thanks for the kind words d.f. :tiphat:
You know I'll be watching for your BX1 pics.
If I could pop my entire seed collection I would, especially with many of them getting to a point of questionable viability.

Just got some GA3 and may try to resuscitate some of my older highly valued strains with the aid of gibberelic acid.
The idea of losing some of them kinda stresses me out. :nono:

B

bench warmer

The Biker Kush & Ghostrider OG's are in my veg tent as I'd like to clone them all.. They're all incredibly solid plants!!!

As soon as I saw pistles on these plants they were put into 18 hours of light per day but that was just over a month ago.

They continued to grow hairs sparingly for 3 weeks and the plants started enlongating slowly about a week ago.

Would anyone be able to offer advice re. when I could safely take cuts from these?

I suppose someone with experience cloning The White and/or HA OG Kush may have an idea of revegging needs of these strains... But any advice is welcome. :tiphat:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey man...

if I correctly understand what you are saying... you can take cuts now, I have taken cuts from plants I was harvesting... straight up cloned buds... so any fresh growth can be cloned even if it is still putting out calyx's at the nodes, as long as it has healthy fresh new growth then you should be fine.

B

bench warmer

A couple pics taken today

Grom BX 1
picture.php

Tropical Tooth
picture.php

picture.php

3Way Dawg
picture.php

picture.php

B

bench warmer

A few days closer to chop time
picture.php

Grom BX1
picture.php

3Way Dawg
picture.php

Venus
picture.php

Tropical Tooth
picture.php

B

bench warmer

I need to share these pics of a young Grom BX1 that has a fascinating mutation happening. I was told that the mutation could be from the Grape Krush genetics.

First, the seedling developed normally.. Then, when the plant was only about 3 inches tall a branch suddenly appeared from below the original "top" leaves & quickly overgrew the top leaves.

This was interesting to see happen so fast.. but now it's gotten even more bizarre...

As can be seen in the pics, there are secondary leaves popping out from inside the secondary branch.
crazy.gif

Kind of difficult to describe, so I'll let the pics illustrate.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

B

bench warmer

I know.. Right?

It's all good though. What would life be without a blueberry genetic mutation? LOL!

In fact, this plant now my expectations even higher, since that mutation itself might kick it into new directions I'd never have guessed possible.

I found some spider mites on one of the Grom BX1's but the flowering plants are so close to being finished that I'll just pick off whatever I can see and let the plants finish without doing anything drastic.

Here's my latest pics of Grom BX1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php