What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blumat auto watering

So you think if I get the maxi's (which I was planning on) I'll only need one per pot?

Is there a general guide for how many gallons of reservoir per gallon of soil? Each side of 4x 1k's will have 16 ladies with about 240 gallons of soil. I was thinking a 55 gallon barrel for each side?

I think one Maxi with a drip extender or two would be great in a 15 gallon pot.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
So you think if I get the maxi's (which I was planning on) I'll only need one per pot?

Is there a general guide for how many gallons of reservoir per gallon of soil? Each side of 4x 1k's will have 16 ladies with about 240 gallons of soil. I was thinking a 55 gallon barrel for each side?

Check the web site.... there is info on dimensions and coverage.

On water, the grow in the red link below used about 4-5 gals a day at peak.
SD

K

Kelly.

sustainable village is out of 3mm line.
eta 30 days the guy i talked to said.

gdbud

I have just finished getting my cabinet set up for my next ran and this time I will be using Blumats and I have a question for you Blumats users.

1: Are you just running water and no nutrients through your Blumats?
2: Are you running a weak nutrient solution through you Blumats all the time?
3: Do you run like two reservoirs of water then switch to one reservoir nutrients then repeat.?
I was thinking going with two water then one nutrients.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
I think a bunch of us have different setups going on.

I have pre-ammended soil, so I could get away with running just water through my rez from start to finish. But I like to fuck around and throw PBP Bloom(soil), Liquid Karma, and Sweet in the rez to see if the plants respond to a lil extra in their diet. LK can and will clog the ends of your drippers if you use too much. I cant get away with using LK full strength for more than a week and a half without clogged ends.

edit - doing it that way, i've been able to run 6 different strains all at one time, using only one rez. they were all happy and healthy

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I use nutes and a bunch of things (probably too many) in each res, but I think using H&G drip clean is important to help keep the drippers free. I noticed when using Floranectar I had some sludge on top of a few plants at the base, but it didn't clog the lines. Make sure your systems manifold/lines can be purged every week or so, you'd be amazed what kinda gunk builds up inside a 3/4" line after a few weeks!

benzo

Will GH Micro GH BLOOM Dyna Grow Pro-tek or Cal-mag be ok for a coco drain to waste feeding schedule?? When you order the blumats, do they included the fittings to add the line from your rez?

slowandeasy

Veteran
I have just finished getting my cabinet set up for my next ran and this time I will be using Blumats and I have a question for you Blumats users.

1: Are you just running water and no nutrients through your Blumats?
2: Are you running a weak nutrient solution through you Blumats all the time?
3: Do you run like two reservoirs of water then switch to one reservoir nutrients then repeat.?
I was thinking going with two water then one nutrients.

I take it you are growing in Soil? I use Coco, and feed with GH Flora Series 6/9 with 3ml of Magi-Cal pH 5.9. I hand feed some Kool Bloom mixed into my nutes 3x in Bloom. Look fantastic! I also use Drip Clean and grow in Smart Pots. If you are not stuck on Soil, give Coco a try with the Blumats and Smart Pots. My plants are growing so fast using these things, I can almost watch them grow. Switched from DWC, and like Coco and Blumats better. Hope that helps.

gdbud

Yes I'm going to be growing in soil Farm Fox Ocean and Forest and will be using Air Pots.
I picked up some Drip Clean today. Thanks for your help.

benzo

can someone please post a link or pm me a link to a set of these. all i can find is blumat jrs for 6.99!!

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
can someone please post a link or pm me a link to a set of these. all i can find is blumat jrs for 6.99!!

Look in this thread. There are numerous links. And try google.

Geez, kids these days want everything handed to them.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Cause and Possible Solution to periodic drying/flooding Issues !

Cause and Possible Solution to periodic drying/flooding Issues !

I may have a solution to these problems.
It seems these issues are caused by a vapor lock issue in the line.
Bubbles accumulate in the hose ,no more water gets past, just like in a car.
Then, cause the medium is drying out, drippers open up fully.
If water ultimately gets past the bubbles, the sensor carrot cannot react fast enough to stop over watering.
:blowbubbles:
So, what seems to have worked for me, is .....

First, feed the system water from BOTH ENDS i.e. a loop.At the res, put a "t" fitting. Connect both ends of your water distribution line to the T. Now you have a water supply loop. This is important.

Second, I put a "T" with a bit of hose and shut off valve somewhere around the middle of the loop,and use this to purge a gallon or two from the line about once a week.
You can see/feel the bubbles leaving.

Hope this helps!
SD :tiphat:

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Sunnydog, do you have any pics of what youre talking about? I can envision but i might be wrong...

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Sunnydog, do you have any pics of what youre talking about? I can envision but i might be wrong...

I second that. The loop part has me a bit confused. Im about to purchase a couple of patio sets, and Id like to avoid any problems in the future.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
I second that. The loop part has me a bit confused. Im about to purchase a couple of patio sets, and Id like to avoid any problems in the future.

Just connect both ends of the water hose to the reservoir, instead of using the end piece.
At the res, put a "t" fitting. Connect both ends of your water distribution line to the T. Now you have a water supply loop.

SD

Last edited:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Just connect both ends of the water hose to the reservoir, instead of using the end piece.
At the res, put a "t" fitting. Connect both ends of your water distribution line to the T. Now you have a water supply loop.

SD

Thanks for clearing it up for me. Gonna place my order tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest posts