What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Possible to salvage these seed sprouts?

RenaissanceBrah

So I decided to experiment and try to sprout in a medium rich with my homemade earth worm castings.

Bad idea... looks like these seed sprouts got nutrient burned bad. They popped after 18h water soak and I planted them directly into my medium (peat/pumice/compost/worm castings). Planted 5 days ago.

The first one's (first photo) looked promising, but they're stuck like that, not fully sprouting... the other one's (2nd and 3rd photo) look like they ran out of steam... or perhaps some type of bug in the worm castings attacked the seedling?

Could I possibly still save them by carefully transplanting to a basic peat/pumice/compost mix that I've used successfully before?

Attachments

• foto_no_exif (2).jpg
    foto_no_exif (2).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 29
  • foto_no_exif (1).jpg
    foto_no_exif (1).jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 27
  • foto_no_exif.jpg
    foto_no_exif.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 27
D

Double_Gulp420

What did you decide to do? Just curious to how resilient they really are?

RenaissanceBrah

What did you decide to do? Just curious to how resilient they really are?

2 days ago (Wed) I decided to transplant all the seeds to my regular sprouting mix: 1/1/1 peat/pumice/compost.

Already, the thai chi sprouts seem to have come back a bit to life... not sure if they'll survive though. Definitely did help them... might still survive.

The congo seeds... I think they're goners :(

But looks like it's worth the hassle to transplant to better soil, if the seedlings obviously aren't coming up

D

Double_Gulp420

Well positive vibes coming your way for the struggling and ya never know Ive seen crazier things happen lol its 2021! Hang in there and try again!!! Good luck man!!! Stay safe and take care!

Latest posts

Latest posts