What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afghan Mix (TRSC)

Mr. Stinky

A stadium? Love me some stadium! :D

Yes. Same tribe ;)

...kinda on topic, all the cuts in the totes below the lights are afghani crosses and hash plants. There was 21 different strains in there, 12 were afg and hash type.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

aliceklar

Bud closeups

Bud closeups

#1 and #4 starting to get nicely frosty now :) All have an intense emerald green colour, and lots of leaves - seriously they are wookies compared to some of the hybrids I'm growing. Wondering whether I should prune them?

Starting to develop sweet hashy aroma too.

bleepboop

8 weeks in.
Lots of yellow and purple fade but night temps have been 55f or so.

picture.php

picture.php

Occasional bananas the last 3 weeks but nothing crazy.

acespicoli

These were all topped on 30th Nov (except for #3 which was too stubby).
Went into flower on 12th Dec.
Males removed on 27th Dec (#2 & #5) and remaining plants potted up into 5 litre pots with lightly amended compost.

Pics taken 3rd Jan.

photo 2 is a example of a nice columnar plant and may benefit from removal of some large fan leaves to allow more light for bud growth, in larger pots and longer veg times you could go for topping etc

acespicoli

looks good you wanna grow calyx not leafs so this should be a benefit cant wait to see the results when finished dry and trimmed :watchplant:

acespicoli

hey i just wanna throw this out here - only a few good females

STS your females for S1 seeds and lets make a nice selection = re veg and take some cuts

afg4 is sexy and the black on 3 is interesting

I might have like 20+ some of these too ;)

as a collective theres a chance for some good to come of

this project in the long run even with limited space

Your #3 coming back nice and they all look nice
be cool to see leaf to caylx ratio after trim

and final yield and potency of each mother
whats the nose like on these girls ?

Excellent! Jump in :) From just 5 seeds I didnt get 2 plants the same - looks like a really diverse batch with some good stuff to be found.

The TRSC website mentions that the mix is made up of four different strains (Mazari, Balkh, Kunduz and Badakshan). If you look up the locations on the map, they come from very distant places with the one exception of Balkh and Mazar-i sharif which are quite close. So it's really no wonder.

aliceklar

hey i just wanna throw this out here - only a few good females

STS your females for S1 seeds and lets make a nice selection = re veg and take some cuts

afg4 is sexy and the black on 3 is interesting

I might have like 20+ some of these too ;)

as a collective theres a chance for some good to come of

this project in the long run even with limited space

Your #3 coming back nice and they all look nice
be cool to see leaf to caylx ratio after trim

and final yield and potency of each mother
whats the nose like on these girls ?

Thanks Ace :) I may well reveg them for future experiments, but I also seeded a bud on each with the best of the 2 males I got (which looked to be similar to #1 in habit), so nothing will be lost (and I have another 12 original seeds still to pop)

Am a bit worried about the leaf curl and necrosis on #1 - also affecting a couple of other unrelated plants in my grow so I think it is to do with the recycled compost mix I used for repotting. Lets see. Budding well so it shouldnt make any difference to the outcome.

Re the nose... #3 (the wookie) is pure hash, #4 is fuel, #1 is fuel with some kinda heady spirit & vanilla. All good!

acespicoli

Thanks Ace :) I may well reveg them for future experiments, but I also seeded a bud on each with the best of the 2 males I got (which looked to be similar to #1 in habit), so nothing will be lost (and I have another 12 original seeds still to pop)

Am a bit worried about the leaf curl and necrosis on #1 - also affecting a couple of other unrelated plants in my grow so I think it is to do with the recycled compost mix I used for repotting. Lets see. Budding well so it shouldnt make any difference to the outcome.

Re the nose... #3 (the wookie) is pure hash, #4 is fuel, #1 is fuel with some kinda heady spirit & vanilla. All good!

nice variation can only imagine what comes out in the affie crosses

yes check the soil for fungas gnat larva or mites dig down a couple inches,
wet / dry cycles,
I was wondering about that also a h202 peroxide soak will clear alot of problems on contact. Wont hurt the smoke
Yellow stickey paper and lady bugs are also good to keep on hand if available
as well as fly paper with some fruit bits stuck to it,
love some real dirt compost grows and those are some problems that are common
permethrin is my last goto dont want that on anything turned to smoke.
Best terps always in soil well worth the occasional pest issues, good vibes bro looking nice !

aliceklar

nice variation can only imagine what comes out in the affie crosses

yes check the soil for fungas gnat larva or mites dig down a couple inches,
wet / dry cycles,
Best terps always in soil well worth the occasional pest issues, good vibes bro looking nice !

Cheers! Its not gnats (I have had them before - wiped out with predatory nematodes & Bti - and the soil hadnt been sitting outside). I had a dig in one of the pots, but no larve. Although I did find a freshly popped seed...

Reckon it is a buildup of carbonates and maybe fertilizer salts in the recycled soil - really hard water here, and in my earlier grows I wasnt amending the ph, and have used dilute tomato feed / epsom salts. Just given them a good soak with rainwater. And then will let them dry for a few days, see what happens.

aliceklar

Done at 9 & a half weeks

Done at 9 & a half weeks

#1 and #4 have just been chopped. I might have waited a little longer, except that the leaf necrosis was getting worse, and they were both showing quite a few male flowers - needed to get them out of the growroom. Still, both sticky and stinky. #4 more pungent/stinky, #1 more perfume/vanilla/fermenting fruit - but both with a strong plasticeiney funk. #1 has the biggest buds.

#3 I've left for a little while longer as it seems slower/smaller, and not showing either the same kind of leaf dieback or male flowers - it has the deepest purple I've seen on a weed plant before.