What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 Gal vs 5 Gal fabric pot yields

Gry

I had biblical proportion fungus gnat infestation….I was in cloth pots and because I was in experienced and thought I knew everything…..my 50 gal rez was in the got damn 70-80s lol…… cringe…..my cloths had every fungus known to man on them….from dogs vomit to pythium….the gnats exploded……I was also having root rot every grow…. Because of the reservoir temperatures obviously…..started running 4ml 39% h2o2 per gal in my rez…..first feeding and I saw literally cups at a time globs of clear slime dump out of every cloth pot…..within 10 days after that I went from seeing 1000s to zero…..iv since gotten better and smarter (ish) and got myself a water chiller that stays at 64f………I still run h2o2 for root oxygen and as a safe guard….. my thought process on that is, why send millions of soldiers to fight other millions of soldiers when you can just send one tactical nuke and wipe out a whole grid squares………however………I have springtails every grow now….them things are tough boy let me tell ya……iv ran 3% total solution strength h2o2 for 1hr soak and them bastards didn’t even care one bit….after some digging around, iv found that they only eat rot….so they clean up the root mass while simultaneously creating microbes which I neutralize with the H2O2 anyway so they really just keep the roots clean….I’m talking 10’s of thousands EASY per pot….they jump when they get flooded that’s how you know their spring tails…..I also suspect they eat fungus gnat larva and have called every Mother Earth coco bag home for the last few years…..I welcome spring tails…..

Thank you kindly for the response. Run a 25 gallon res for a PPK that I am using coco in as a medium.
Picked up the damned gnats and went through a half gallon of oil of cedar which I had used before with success to no avail.
Ended up buying the biological larvicide gnatol WDG by the pound to clear it up.
Still have a few of the damned things, which I now control with the yellow sticky cards.
I keep the larvicide on hand in the event it should be needed.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
I want to dispute what I posted earlier in this thread. While the pot size didn’t matter with that grow, I now have enough grows in my tent to be able to draw some conclusions. Here is a graph of my indoor grows. Note that I have 2 pink kush grows of 2 plants (PK 3L & PK 5L) – one in 3L pots and one in 5L. I also ran a 4 auto grow twice – one with 3L and one with 5L (Autos 3L & Autos 5L).

The 5L pots give better yield - for me. Of course, it also uses more nutes so I can’t say it is more economical . . .

Attachments

• photo2102006.jpg
    photo2102006.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 98
  • attach18039614.jpg
    attach18039614.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 111

Latest posts

Latest posts